PDA

View Full Version : Names???

princesssarah34
April 8th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I need help with names.........so far our little one is nameless....and I have only weeks before he is due. Here are 3 we have picked out.

Josiah
Benjamin
Masen

Hobbermittens
April 8th, 2012, 10:54 PM
I love Benjamin. That is one of my favorite boy's names. Every Ben I have ever met has been great.

Mochagirl
April 8th, 2012, 10:59 PM
If this babe had been a boy we probably would have called him Ben. It's a good name.

TTC5
April 8th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Like Benjamin :)

Zivic-Bubac
April 9th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Benjamin :happy:

Myloves
April 9th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Benjamin's my favourite too! A great name for a great little boy :). I like Masen too, but I prefer it spelled Mason.

HappyLea
April 9th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Love Benjamin but i would my DS2 is called Benjamin but we shorten it too Benjy :D

princesssarah34
April 9th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks for all the great input!! I love Benjamin too....but one of my close friends little boys is name Benjamin and the call him Benny for short....which I love too! I am not sure if it is to weird to have boys with the same name...you know what I mean? And the reason we spelled Mason MASEN is because my hubby is Jasen instead of Jason.....just something different!
Keep the ideas coming on the names tho from me...thanks!

Irishmom
April 9th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Here is a few Irish boys names that are cute and might be a little different...;)

Oisin/Osian- pronounced OsH-een-

Fionn- pronounced Fi-un-meaning white or fair headed. or 'Finn' is also fair one.

Rion- promounced Ri-on - or Ryan-meaning King.

Eoin/eoghan- pronounced Oh-in - meaning desire born.

Aodán/Aodhan/Aeedan- pronounced A-dan - meaning fire.

Cian/Keane/Kian- pronounced Kee-an. meaning fierce in battle.

Killian/Cillian- pronounced Kill-yan. Meaning bright headed.

Daire/Darragh- pronounced Darr-a. Meaning fruitful,fertile.

Odhran/Oran- pronounced O-ran.Meaning dark haired.

Sean/Shaun/Shawn- pronounced Shaw-in. Meaning God's gracious gift. or similar is Shane- pronounced Shay-in.

Tadhg- pronounced ti-gue.Meaning poet/Philosopher.

Ardan- pronounced Are-dawn.Meaning high aspiration.

zanacal
April 9th, 2012, 02:51 PM
My kids love to watch a programme on TV called 'Grandpa in my Pocket' and the boy's name in it is Jason Mason!! I would probably choose Josiah if you have a close friend with a son called Banjamin and I wouldn't want the name to rhyme with DH's (I liked Rowan but my DH is Owen and that was too close for me!) but they're all lovely if none of those reasons bothers you!

DoulaMama
April 10th, 2012, 02:13 AM
I voted for Masen but I have to agree with Z...IMO it's too close to your hubby's name. I like Josiah next:) Then Benjamin.

Myloves
April 10th, 2012, 07:47 AM
My kids love to watch a programme on TV called 'Grandpa in my Pocket' and the boy's name in it is Jason Mason!! I would probably choose Josiah if you have a close friend with a son called Banjamin and I wouldn't want the name to rhyme with DH's (I liked Rowan but my DH is Owen and that was too close for me!) but they're all lovely if none of those reasons bothers you!

Ds2 loves that show!
Jasen Masen does sound pretty cool ;).

nini
April 10th, 2012, 09:34 AM
I like Benjamin, but it seems very common right now, (I try to choose names that are traditional yet unusual...). I really like Josiah as well, although it would be a bit too biblical for my likes...mmh, Masen - I havent really heard of, would probably spell it Mason like pp said....

I really like Cilllian (from the Irish names list)

auroara78
April 10th, 2012, 11:25 AM
I voted for Josiah because it's unique and not common, but everyone knows of it, this is why I picked Quinten for DS1's name because it wasn't a weird name, just not common, and he loves it :) He proudly tells everyone "I'm Quinten" and he loves drawing Q's!!

princesssarah34
April 11th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Any more votes out there for a name?? I need all the help I can get!

love-my-kids
April 14th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I like Masen the best!

princesssarah34
April 18th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Thanks for all the input ladies!!
As of Monday I believe this baby has a name!
And my friend did not think it too weird that we might like to use Benjamin...in fact she loved the idea!
So for now we have a name and we aren't telling anyone until he is here....our one surprise!

katiemumma
April 29th, 2012, 08:01 AM
i adore Josiah

fourunderfour
May 18th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Josiah. But I'd call him Joa. I think it's just different enough that he wouldn't be grouped in with the very common names, but not crazy sounding. :)
my 2 cents though. I'm picky about names.
Ben is classic though...

purplepoet20
May 18th, 2012, 04:29 PM
They are all good names but...

if you picked Masen your older kids may be jealous that they didn't get a name like their dads. We know someone who has 3 boys and the last one was named after the dad because they only had a girls name picked. The older kids beat up on the youngest.

Don't worry to much about a friend with a child that has the same name. You never know if you will be friends in the future but you will find a way to work around the name if you are friends for life. If you really love Benjamin then use it.