PDA

View Full Version : Amari's sway, it's twins!

amari
April 9th, 2012, 02:39 PM
USERNAME: Amari
DH'S AGE: 42
CHILDREN: 2 Boys Just turned 4 and 2 1/2
NO. MONTHS TTC: There was some mass confusion, but technically speaking, this was our first attempt...We missed December b/c of a big family vacation and major cheats due to family thinking I was anorexic, January I hyperstimulated on Clomid so could not try that month or February.

I am so early in my pregnancy, haven't seen a doctor/midwife yet, but don't want to forget it!

DIET:
Low Everything diet for the most part starting in November. I began with doing yogurt and chicken and cranberries, stuff like that until I found the genderdreaming site then switched right away to LE. I say for the most part because I had to cheat a few times to bring my weight up. I started off the LE at about 99-101 lbs so I didn't have far to go. I couldn't skip breakfast at the beginning, but eventually did. I usually ate sometime between 11-1, 4-8 and 9-10pm. I ate mostly Yoplait lite yogurt with a fiber supplement mixed in, airpopped popcorn, plain mini-bagels with cream cheese, rice krispie treats, hostess 100 cal pack muffins, corn pasta with lite butter and parmasean cheese, sauteed leeks, zucchini and mushrooms, iceberg lettuce salad with a lite ranch dressing and cucumbers, sometimes white rice instead of the corn pasta, lite cool whip, mike n ikes, cinnamon cat cookies from trader joes, strawberries, and frozen yogurt. I ate between 1300 and 1800 cals, always went over on sodium, 30-40 g protein, and about 22-30g fat. Oh, I also ate lightly salted rold gold pretzels and kraft singles grilled cheese sandwiches over the last month! Oh, I also had caf free diet coke, crystal light, equal, reg coke. I had to cut down once the clomid started though. I also wanted to add I went down to 93 lbs and was trying to keep it around 95. I lost a lot of muscle tone so I think that had a lot to do with it.

DH did nothing at all for diet.

EXERCISE:
I used to run and lift weights. I stopped everything and quickly lost my muscle tone, (I didn't have big muscles, just toned). I started up on cardio for a while, then stopped again)

POTIONS & PILLS:
November took cranberry, then switched over to baby aspirin everyday. Also took folic acid everyday. I had to take Provera to get my period going and clomid to ovulate.

Vitex-I had to take the month of February off so I took this for a few weeks before I started the Provera.

POTIONS & PILLS FOR YOUR MAN:
None

TIMING:

Dh started doing FR about 17 days before I think I O'd. We also had a false +opk so we got quite a lot of releasing in! I got a real +opk the night of cd19 and the morning of cd20 and by the night the opk was -. We dtd cd17, cd19, and twice on cd20. I was taking Clomid. Also, dh FR on cd 18 when we did not dtd and on cd17 when we dtd.

THINGS IN YOUR VG:

We used Preseed, just a little bit, because the Clomid made dtd impossibly painful.

Did you track your pH, if so, what was it before the attempt(s):

No

Anything else?

I am so thankful I found this site, Atomic and all you wonderful ladies. It is truly amazing. I am still so nervous and hope this is it for me! It is early and the beginning of pregnancy always makes me nervous, so FX that this bub makes a nice home in me!

I thank AS for answering so many of my crazy questions along the way. I think ttc is really hard, and even though it is a choice, swaying makes it that much harder. I hope that it all paid off and that my dg is on her way! I am happy to be :pregnant: and eating again! Good luck to everyone reading this and please send me sticky pink vibes too!

Update:

I had my first apt and an ultrasound yesterday and we saw two heartbeats! It's twins! Totally blowing my mind, haven't slept all night.

Just1wish
April 9th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Huge congratulations Amari :) !!

Mochagirl
April 9th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Great sway! Sending you pink dust :HH:

cape grace
April 9th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I have been following all your posts and want to wish you every good blessing on this pregnancy - pink dust for you! sounds like a great sway to me - congratulations!! Keep us updated - xxxx

zanacal
April 9th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Congratulations and good luck Amari, your sway sounds great!

Irishmom
April 9th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Amari i'm delighted for you.:cheer:
That is a great sway. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy and may you get your dg.xx

myGirl
April 9th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Congratulations Amari!! Your sway looks awesome! Wishing you a H&H 9 months! :HH:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mydream
April 9th, 2012, 03:25 PM
CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS!! Well done!

Ribbons
April 9th, 2012, 03:43 PM
congrats Amari!!! So excited for you!

Indira
April 9th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Congratulations!
Looks like an awesome sway to me! FX for a sticky, healthy, pink bean:luck:

PolishPrincess
April 9th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Amari-
I've been following your posts as well! I send you happy baby healthy dust and I hope your dreams come true! Best wishes girl! Congrats!

KnockYourBallsOff
April 9th, 2012, 07:37 PM
OMGOSHHH! AMARI!!! So glad you got that BFP!!!!!! Enjoy eating!!!

PeonyPrincess
April 9th, 2012, 07:57 PM
I cannot think of one more thing you could have done. Congratulations again. Stick, pink bean, stick!!
BTW, are you 35 this month? I will be 35 on the 27th of April, so just curious!

pearl
April 9th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Very nice job, Amari! I hope you going to get your DD :)))

amari
April 9th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts everyone!! I appreciate it greatly!!

Peony-I'm 35 on May 2!

coocoobananas
April 9th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Congrats Amari so happy it has happened for you at last:) you have worked hard! Enjoy food;)

_Lala_
April 9th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Yay Amari!! You've put so much into this sway I hope will all my might its a precious lil dd for you. Eat for the rest of us!! Make sure you don't disappear and keep us updated on the pg. x

hopingforsaskia
April 10th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Huge congrats Amari!! Hope you get your little girl! :happy:

PeonyPrincess
April 10th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Only 5 days apart! Guessing you are a typical stubborn Taurean like me?! Take care. Px

auroara78
April 10th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Amari HUGE CONGRATS!!!! I'm so over the moon excited for you! Think this sway was awesome and it couldn't have any better...clomid is great, the diet was killer, you were sooo low on weight.....it all sounds so great to me!

And Peony, hehe, I forgot you were a Taurean, I am always talking smack on here about my DS2 being Taurus, and how stubborn that has made him, haha!

baabaa
April 10th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Huge congrats to you! Great sway :)
Hoping we both meet the girls of our dreams in another 8 months!!

PeonyPrincess
April 11th, 2012, 05:13 AM
And Peony, hehe, I forgot you were a Taurean, I am always talking smack on here about my DS2 being Taurus, and how stubborn that has made him, haha!

Stubborn, but ultra loyal! We have our good points!!

amari
April 11th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Yep, loyal and stubborn, sounds about right!

nks798
April 11th, 2012, 07:50 AM
congratulations, amari :) I hope you get your dd also!

HopeandDreamG
April 11th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Amari~ So happy for you. You COULD NOT have done anymore...it really sounds like a FAB sway! Between your weight and muscle loss, all the releasing and the clomid You have a great chance for a :ballerina:!!!

Myloves
April 11th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Congrats! Blowing you pink dust! :babygirl:

pebmcpd7
April 11th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Well Done Amari, enjoy your food now, I see you have disappeared off myfitnespal LOL!!!!

amari
April 11th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Well Done Amari, enjoy your food now, I see you have disappeared off myfitnespal LOL!!!!

Hah! Yes I did! Hopefully I will stay away, fx!

Sassy
April 12th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Looks like a great sway - good luck!

sweetsister
April 23rd, 2012, 05:30 AM
Amari ,great sway:) and http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/619/619934gaguqfm5lp.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com) again!!!

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
WHAT?!? I cannot believe I have not commented on this thread??

Amari, I am just thrilled for you and sending you all the pink dust I can scrape up! :)

sweetpea
April 23rd, 2012, 11:49 PM
I just realized that I haven't commented on this thread either! Congratulations again on your pregnancy, and your sway looks absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Can't wait to hear what you're having! You did a fab job - enjoy your pregnancy and enjoy eating again, LOL! ;)

Ribbons
April 29th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Yay amari - congrats again on the twins!!! Double blessing! You're sure to have at least one girl in there :) I am secretly hoping for twins, I'm not on clomid but I've got good odds otherwise, so send some twin dust my way :D

PeonyPrincess
April 29th, 2012, 09:12 PM
:omg: How exciting!! Twin girls for sure! I can't stop smiling...BTW I hope you do sleep at some stage! Those nub guesses are going to be extra fun. What a great (almost) birthday present.

KnockYourBallsOff
April 29th, 2012, 09:49 PM
WOW!!! Twins! Awesome! Congrats girl!

Another princess
April 30th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Wow twins!! Many congratulations, how exciting. FX it's two pink beans in there x

Pangea
April 30th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Congratulations! I'm very envious, I'd love twins!

auroara78
April 30th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Twins..this so fricking awesome! And I second what Peony said---can't wait to nub obsess with you!!!

Ribbons
April 30th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Amari, I think I remember you saying you O'd from the left somewhere? (Assuming they are fraternal) did you release two eggs from the left, so not left and right?

Just wondering what my chances are dropping two eggs from one ovary since I only have one tube! :bigsmile:

lobella2
April 30th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Congratulations! How exciting. Sending you pink dust.

atomic sagebrush
April 30th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Amari, I think I remember you saying you O'd from the left somewhere? (Assuming they are fraternal) did you release two eggs from the left, so not left and right?

Just wondering what my chances are dropping two eggs from one ovary since I only have one tube! :bigsmile:

You can totally drop 2 eggs from one ovary!! happens all the time in HT.

HappyLea
April 30th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Twins...Congratulations! Cant wait to see some pics x

Princess of Pink
April 30th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Congrats!!

mindyjean
April 30th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I wanted to say congratulations on your sway and news of twins! I can't wait to find out gender of your 2 babies!!!!

amari
April 30th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Thanks everyone! It makes me smile to see everyone's happy thoughts! My dh is freaking out!

Ribbons-From the u/s they thought I o'd from the left b/c that ovary was much larger. Either two eggs from that side (most likely) or one egg split!

We're not finding out the genders so it will be a long wait!

Ribbons
April 30th, 2012, 02:25 PM
oh wow! You have WAY more self-control than me, I will be counting down the days to the ultrasound - ESPECIALLY if I have twins brewing!

Yay for two eggs from one ovary! I know it's a longshot, but I hope it happens for me :)

HopeandDreamG
April 30th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Amari- what do you mean you are not finding out the genders!! How can u do that to "us" LOL!!

auroara78
April 30th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Amari- what do you mean you are not finding out the genders!! How can u do that to "us" LOL!!

LOL! No kidding, I had the same thought!

indigoviolet
April 30th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Congrats, really excited for you!

OneLastDream
April 30th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Ah congrats on your twins - how lovely x

baabaa
May 1st, 2012, 01:45 AM
Congrats on the news of twins! So exciting. I agree with others though, your self control in not finding out is amazing!

Indira
May 1st, 2012, 04:53 AM
Congratulations on the twins!! How exciting!

TTC5
May 1st, 2012, 05:08 AM
Double congrats!

Foxy
May 2nd, 2012, 03:18 PM
Twins! How exciting! Congratulations!!!

zanacal
May 2nd, 2012, 04:17 PM
I imagine it's quite difficult not to find out the gender with twins as you'll have so many scans - you'll have to close your eyes lots :D Your poor DH, it must be quite a shock. Good job he has a few months to get used to the idea!!

nini
May 3rd, 2012, 04:41 AM
Congratulations! I always dreamt of twins :) Cant wait to hear your update xx

Lassie1982
May 3rd, 2012, 07:11 AM
OMG wow!!!!!!!
Fantastic news :) Congrats!!!

mountainviews
May 3rd, 2012, 10:07 PM
Congratulations! Twins will be so much fun!

riss177
May 5th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Congratulations!!

myGirl
May 6th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Congratulations Amari! This is wonderful news :celebrate:

I bet it's twin girls!!

4 blues~hopingforpink~
May 10th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Thats so awesome.... Congrats twice!!

My Fabulous Children
May 15th, 2012, 03:26 AM
Congratulations x2!!

sosapop
June 18th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Congratulations! My DH is your husband's age and we will be doing FR too! Great to read a sway that used this because I go back and forth with abstaining, but know we are going to have to choose FR to avoid any risks! Like you I am so conflicted with giving up exercising, I have given up weights but continue to do cardio, in particular running. Although from reading everyone's sways I think I should give it up :(

But from what I'm reading most successful sways include Vitex. Trying to educate myself on this and decide if I should use this as well. I am planning on trying in August!

amari
November 30th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I will post in more detail, but I wanted to share that I gave birth to a boy and a girl!! :babygirl::BabyBoy: So excited to have both of them, and to have a little girl among my 3 beautiful boys!

mydream
November 30th, 2012, 07:38 PM
OMG Amari-- was thinking of you recently ! CONGRATS!!! that is wonderful news~

pebmcpd7
November 30th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Awh was just wishing you luck on another thread, well done!! Look forward to seeing a few pics!!

Mochagirl
November 30th, 2012, 08:01 PM
How exciting, amari - congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lobella2
November 30th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Congratulations!!!

prayforprincess
November 30th, 2012, 08:27 PM
So wonderful amari!!! I have been thinking of you a lot lately. So happy for you. A boy and a GIRL!! How exciting!! Congrats!

The Anchor
November 30th, 2012, 08:57 PM
OMG what AWESOME news...so happy for you!

sweetpea
November 30th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Congrats again, Amari! I am so thrilled for you! I hope I'll be as lucky as you were! ;) Enjoy your new precious little babes!! :)

Butterfly Spirit
November 30th, 2012, 09:40 PM
I will post in more detail, but I wanted to share that I gave birth to a boy and a girl!! :babygirl::BabyBoy: So excited to have both of them, and to have a little girl among my 3 beautiful boys!

:HH: Congrats again Amari, I just knew that you had at least one girl in there! SO Exciting!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your twinsies!!! :)

PeonyPrincess
November 30th, 2012, 09:42 PM
That's fantastic news Amari!!!! So happy for you. Enjoy your dear little babies.

hopingforsaskia
November 30th, 2012, 11:04 PM
I have been waiting for your news!! Huge congrats Amari!!! :)

Atsaukina1
December 1st, 2012, 02:07 AM
congrats:)

Typical_Jules
December 1st, 2012, 02:16 AM
What a beautiful blessing congrats

unsure!
December 1st, 2012, 02:46 AM
congratulation. enjoy!

Pangea
December 1st, 2012, 07:22 AM
Congratulations!

luckylass
December 1st, 2012, 08:05 AM
Congratulations on the birth of your new son and daughter. Delighted for you.

fish2012
December 1st, 2012, 08:14 AM
Amazing news congratulations x

auroara78
December 1st, 2012, 11:56 AM
I too think having a little boy and a girl together is so cute...B/G twins are so freaking adorable!!!

Huge, huge congrats!

fresas
December 1st, 2012, 03:01 PM
Congratulations! I know it wasn't the 2 girls you hoped for, but you got one girl out of the deal and I hope both babies are super healthy and happy!

zanacal
December 1st, 2012, 04:15 PM
Oh wow how amazing! Enjoy your pink and blue bundles :D Congratulations!!

dramabird
December 1st, 2012, 11:01 PM
So wonderful!!

marialll
December 1st, 2012, 11:49 PM
congratulations. enjoy your babymoon with those sweet little ones!

Cauliflower
December 2nd, 2012, 08:14 AM
Congratulations to you Amari :) that is wonderful news.
Can I ask you if you used clomid for medical reasons or only for swaying....

rainbowflower
December 2nd, 2012, 09:50 AM
aww a true pigeon pair, congratulations!

atomic sagebrush
December 2nd, 2012, 10:09 AM
AWESOME! I"m so happy for you!!!!

Mum23boys
December 3rd, 2012, 01:35 PM
HUGE congratulations hunny - am so chuffed that you got your dd in there. xxx

Inglewood
December 4th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Congratulations! Twins are AMAZING! xx

sweetpea
January 28th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Amari, is there another update anywhere? I'd love to see pics of your gorgeous children and hear more about your birth. Hope you are doing well! :)