PDA

View Full Version : IUI with Spinning for a girl question?????

5 Gorgeousboyz
April 10th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Hi there......I have 5 boys, no fertility problems, always got pregnant the first month I tried and just did IUI with clomid and a trigger shot, had 3 follicles at time of IUI, 2 collapsing, 1 starting to but did not get pregnant. So, I am waiting for AF to show just stopped progesterone yesterday and gearing up to do this again ONE last time. I have one more time to do this. My doctor thinks I should just do a natural cycle for this next time....so just spinning the sperm and insemination during the latter part of O. OR I can go more aggressive and do a low dose of injectibles for 7-10 days, do trigger again and then spinning and inseminate. The pregnancy rate is higher, but my chance of multiples is higher. I really don't want twins.....I have 5 kids already. Now if I knew they would be twin girls, then maybe but I have a chance of them being twin boys as this is not 100%. I don't know what to do. I was just on all these meds....the doctor said it didn't mess up anything but I am scared now that I tampered too much now and here I am going to do a natural where one egg pops out verses 3 that were there at O time and I didn't even get pregnant. So, I f you were me...what would you do. Just do a natural and pray for the best or take another risk and do injectables at a lower dose and pray for the best!!! Help!!! I really am doing this for a possible girl and not just because I want a baby, although now that I didn't get pregnant, I want to be pregnant!!!!

Butterfly Spirit
April 12th, 2012, 12:24 AM
If it were me, I would go with natural like your doc is recommending!
How long have you tried to conceive all natural and not HT?

jils04
April 13th, 2012, 08:14 PM
iui is known to have about a 10-15% chance of working each try, so going natural will lessen that chance. You need at least 3-4 follies for a good shot at pregnancy.
HTH

Princess of Pink
April 13th, 2012, 08:33 PM
If it were me I would go injectables!

fun family
April 15th, 2012, 09:01 PM
I would try natural, but that is just me. I don't want twins after four kids already.

Searching
April 23rd, 2012, 12:27 PM
May I ask where you are cycling where there is sperm spinning for gender? Thanks!

nuthinbutpink
April 29th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Any update?