PDA

View Full Version : Starting to Freak Myself Out

Mochagirl
April 11th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Someone please tell me...why oh WHY did I just go looking for examples of women being told girl at 16 weeks then boy at 20 weeks?? There's one woman on IG who was told 'for sure':worry: her baby was a girl at 17 weeks only to find out later it's a boy. Now, with 3 weeks left until my 20 week ultrasound, I'm freaking out, convinced my girl is actually a boy. I've already bought a ton of stuff, told a bunch of people we're having a girl, and of course spent a lot of time imagining what life is going to be like with a little sister for my boys, and now I'm wondering if I should have let myself do any of this until I know for sure. Someone talk me down - I'm driving myself crazy! I don't even have any pictures I can use to get second opinions! :worry:

nuthinbutpink
April 11th, 2012, 08:49 PM
It's a girl. You probably won't believe it until you deliver her and ask the people in the room if it is a girl and when they say YES you still will look between her legs with your own eyes for proof!!

Mochagirl
April 11th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I guess I'm even more freaked out because early gender scans really aren't that common around here. Most places won't do them until after your 20 week scan, a few will do them at 18 weeks, but with no guarantees. The place I went will do them at 17 weeks, so I had to lie and say I was that far along because I was only 16W5D. I worry that since they don't do a lot of them maybe they got it wrong... It was a pretty small place - just one u/s machine (2D and 3D), one tech and one receptionist.

TTC5
April 11th, 2012, 09:12 PM
It's a girl :D

Ribbons
April 11th, 2012, 10:44 PM
I know NOTHING about reading scans, and I'm not psychic, or anything... but after reading through all of your posts, everyone's responses on your scans, etc I really think this is your girl! It seems like everyone does this... I will most definitely do it too, if I am so lucky!! xoxo Mocha, you have your girl, relax and enjoy!

atomic sagebrush
April 11th, 2012, 11:11 PM
It's a girl. You probably won't believe it until you deliver her and ask the people in the room if it is a girl and when they say YES you still will look between her legs with your own eyes for proof!!

I must admit that I greatly look forward to that moment myself! :heart:

Yuzu
April 12th, 2012, 12:12 AM
<---slapping Mochagirl around!

It's a girl, Girl! Go buy something pink.:wink:

Myloves
April 12th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Mocha, (and Atomic for that matter ;) ) You're having A GIRL! That's a daughter you're carrying. :D
I freaked too even though I had my scan at 21 weeks! Lol, I remember the first thing I said when dd was born - 'Is she really a girl? Are you sure she hasn't grown a penis?'

Mochagirl
April 12th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Thanks, ladies :HH: I really need to stop reading the stories of wrong gender scans. I'll try to relax until my 20 week scan. I just have visions of hearing boy and having to return heaps of girlie clothes. In the meantime I really shouldn't be moaning and complaining. I agree that i probably won't fully believe it until there's no penis at birth.

zanacal
April 12th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Me too - I have a very girlie nursery and far more little dresses than one baby can wear and I still worry that she'll come out with a willy!

RedCanoe
April 12th, 2012, 09:33 AM
I had a bunch of scans with DS#3 for a SCH and by 16 weeks his boy bits were unmistakable. Seriously. To me most u/s images just look like blurry blobs but when my tech showed me a potty shot at 16 weeks she didn't have to tell me what that was, lol. So, my point being, although nothing in life is a guarantee, I can't see how an experienced tech would miss boy bits at 17 weeks. You've got a girl in there! :)

begonia
April 12th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Oh Mocha it's a girl!! All 3 of mine were identified before 17 weeks if it makes you feel any better :) I hope after your 20 week it sinks in but I think after wanting something so much for so long, it's hard to believe it when it happens so I am sure on some level you won't believe it til you meet her. What a sweet moment that will be :HH:

willtherebe4
April 12th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I guess some more reassurance is that there is one Tech so that Tech should have LOTS of experience then! With my 3rd DS we had US at 16weeks and they didnt even need to tell me it was so obvious as she passed over and she wasnt even looking at that area yet! Id go elsewhere in another week to put your mind at ease if your anything like me I wouldnt be able to wait. Good luck!

Mochagirl
April 12th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Thanks, ladies :HH:

I bought a couple of girl things yesterday and I felt like such a fraud browsing through the girl section! I've never even let myself look at that stuff before because I found it so painful.

Mochagirl
April 12th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I wish I could go again, but the closest place that does 18 week scans is well over an hour away, and dh would never agree to me paying that much money to hear the same thing again when I'll hear in 3 weeks for free. I just need to try to be patient - not really my strength :oops:

I will say, though, that the tech was really confident, telling me she was 100 percent sure it was a girl.

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks, ladies :HH:

I bought a couple of girl things yesterday and I felt like such a fraud browsing through the girl section! I've never even let myself look at that stuff before because I found it so painful.

That is me too. I have moment where I really feel like I am "faking" this and actually have to go look at my ultrasound pictures and kind of relive the moments of the first ultrasound where I was 80% sure I saw girl bits and then the second where it was confirmed to assure myself, yes, this really did happen, it's happening!

I have not bought anything. My mom did take me shopping the day I told her but I tried to restrain myself!!

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I had a bunch of scans with DS#3 for a SCH and by 16 weeks his boy bits were unmistakable. Seriously. To me most u/s images just look like blurry blobs but when my tech showed me a potty shot at 16 weeks she didn't have to tell me what that was, lol. So, my point being, although nothing in life is a guarantee, I can't see how an experienced tech would miss boy bits at 17 weeks. You've got a girl in there! :)

Me too, like I've said before I saw a penis on screen and larger than life at 13 weeks with DS4 and even tho they would not confirm, I'd have had to be be both blind and deluded (instead of just deluded haha) to miss it.

Remember at your earlier scan you didn't really see anything?? I think not seeing anything at the early scan and then being told 100% girl at the second scan is prettymuch a solid lock!!

I wonder how many of the people who got ultrasound opposites were really told 100%, KWIM??

Zivic-Bubac
April 12th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I will say, though, that the tech was really confident, telling me she was 100 percent sure it was a girl.That's it huni, it's your girl! :HH:

Hobbermittens
April 12th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Mocha, I know you are going to worry, but try not to. I am sure this is your long-awaited daughter!!

auroara78
April 13th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Mocha, I think we need to see some pictures of the baby girl stuff you bought :)

I bet she'll look soooo cute wearing them!

Foxy
April 13th, 2012, 12:26 PM
With a girl nub and an almost 17 week scan where the tech got a good look, I think you are safe to buy pink. :) With a lot of these stories, the tech was inexperienced or an older machine was used.

Mochagirl
April 13th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks, Foxy - your reassurance means a lot to me :HH:. She definitely got a good look - she was zoomed right in and the baby's legs were wide open. She even gave me a quick look in 3d. There was a very small protuberance there in 3d when seen from the front - is that normal for a girl? It definitely didn't look like a penis - way too small. Swollen labia?

Foxy
April 13th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Totally normal for 3D. :cheer: One of the reasons 2D is better to determine gender.