PDA

View Full Version : Poll: MOMS OVER 40

ILindGurl
April 12th, 2012, 07:51 PM
If you were over the age of 40 when you gave birth to a child, what gender did you have? a boy or a girl. Thank you!!

Hobbermittens
April 12th, 2012, 09:14 PM
I have a friend who had a boy at 40.

Yuzu
April 12th, 2012, 09:15 PM
I had a boy at age 41 and I'm pregnant now, but I don't know what the little one is!

ILindGurl
April 12th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Yuzu -- you give me so much hope! did you sway for your baby at 41? and now? just curious.

Yuzu
April 12th, 2012, 09:47 PM
DS3 was a happy accident. I didn't sway or expect him at all. I did begin to sway this time but I was having a hard time getting pregnant. I took a break and decided to start swaying again next month. And on my break from swaying, guess what happened?:oops:

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Girls, if you are on FB and interested, there's a small private group called "Over 40 and Pregnant" open to all (anyone can join but it's a closed group and friends and family cannot see what you post there). I would be happy to add anyone!! You dont' have to be over 40, you can just be in the general vicinity!!

Zivic-Bubac
April 13th, 2012, 09:39 AM
I love this thread! :agree:
I'm 39 ( so almost there) and I'm having a girl. I plan one more hard core sway for my :bigboy: when I'm 41. Yuzu, I look up to you as well!!!! :agree:

I know 3 ladies who were 40+ and had babies: 42 yo-boy, 43-girl, 43 ( not sure)-girl.

Zivic-Bubac
April 13th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Girls, if you are on FB and interested, there's a small private group called "Over 40 and Pregnant" I'm not on FB, nor I plan to be, let's keep the party here, pliiiiiz!!!!!! :)

Yuzu
April 13th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Yuzu, I look up to you as well!!!!

That's so sweet of you, ZB!:)

ILindGurl
April 14th, 2012, 08:44 AM
I started this thread because I read somewhere that women over 40 (and esp 41) give birth to more girls...something like 2/3rd of the babies are girls. I was curious if this statistic has any merit in the real world....I do know more older moms in my town conceiving girls, but it seems to be pretty equal on gender dreaming site so far.

Thanks to everyone who voted so far...I hope others will keep voting! :)

atomic sagebrush
April 14th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Yes, I've read that too - it was in a study but you never know with studies!!

I know of 2 45 year olds who both had girls and one who had a boy (Sarah Palin LOL)

Daisy Mae
April 14th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Growing up, I was good friends with a family of 3 girls. When the mom was 41 or 42, she was so sick and tired, she thought she had something terribly wrong with her... her 1st thought was actually cancer. It never occurred to her she could be pregnant b/c she had had her tubes tied 9 years earlier with her last dd. Well, she WAS indeed pregnant... and it was a boy!

ILindGurl
April 17th, 2012, 03:12 PM
so there are only 3 moms over 40 on this board? Please vote!! :)

Hobbermittens
April 17th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I haven't found out gender, and I am only 39, but I have a friend who had a son at almost 41.

nini
April 23rd, 2012, 04:06 AM
my mum had my sister at 43...

Zivic-Bubac
April 29th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Yesterday I,ve heard of another mature mom, she's either 42 or 43 ( born 1969) and she had he first baby, it's a :xy:! It gives me so much hope!!!!
Her husband is my MIL's colleague, he's 50, but this is his 2nd marriage.

begonia
April 29th, 2012, 01:57 PM
What's interesting too though is how many/what gender came BEFORE the over 40 baby, KWIM? And the studies don't give that detail! I have 1 friend who had her first babe at 40... boy :) And another who had BBG before 35, her DH had a vasectomy.... yet at 41, they had another DS :suprise:

begonia
April 29th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Yesterday I,ve heard of another mature mom, she's either 42 or 43 ( born 1969) and she had he first baby, it's a :xy:! It gives me so much hope!!!!
Her husband is my MIL's colleague, he's 50, but this is his 2nd marriage.

"mature mom"... I like that soooo much better than advanced maternal age :bigsmile:

Zivic-Bubac
April 29th, 2012, 02:54 PM
yet at 41, they had another DS :suprise:Some people are just super lucky I guess. Gimme more boy examples, I LOVE them!

About 'advanced maternal age'- my ob/gyn and that stupid tech were treating me like I was just about to die, they were all like: Oh, 39.....that could mean lot of problems etc....:rolleyes:

Zivic-Bubac
April 29th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I know of 2 45 year olds who both had girls and one who had a boy (Sarah Palin LOL)Sarah Palin's boy has Down syndrome.
I watched a show where she said she knew before he was born he was going to have Down, but she and her husband decided to keep him and she said that he is a true blessing, but she was crying at the same time....
Having a baby with a Down is not the price I'm willing to pay just to have a son. I guess I'm not brave like she is.

atomic sagebrush
April 30th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Some people are just super lucky I guess. Gimme more boy examples, I LOVE them!

About 'advanced maternal age'- my ob/gyn and that stupid tech were treating me like I was just about to die, they were all like: Oh, 39.....that could mean lot of problems etc....:rolleyes:

Z, do you remember luv4boys from IG (NOT luvR4boys)? She just had a boy the day before her 42nd birthday.

atomic sagebrush
April 30th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Sarah Palin's boy has Down syndrome.
I watched a show where she said she knew before he was born he was going to have Down, but she and her husband decided to keep him and she said that he is a true blessing, but she was crying at the same time....
Having a baby with a Down is not the price I'm willing to pay just to have a son. I guess I'm not brave like she is.

I know he has Down's Syndrome, but the fact is that she did conceive a boy at 45.

ILindGurl
May 7th, 2012, 10:22 AM
was hoping to see more people voting in the poll....but I guess more moms over 40 are on boards probably related to how to get pregnant over 40, versus gender swaying. Sounds like there are more boys conceived over age 40 than girls. That's okay for me....I stopped swaying after my chemical pregnancy. I'd just love to have a third child (healthy)....at least all the responses give me some hope!! Thanks again for all your replies :)

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Statistically tho, studies have found more girls. We're not really a scientific sample round her because some of us were so strongly set for boys to begin with.

pink carol
June 27th, 2012, 08:18 AM
I have voted but report in written too. I'm 41 and pregnant with ds2.

Sunflower3
June 27th, 2012, 10:11 AM
As I would love to join the group, although you know I am not pregnant but will be ttc in September/October.

I was 39 turning 40 the following month when I got pregnant with DS 3.

Typical_Jules
July 16th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I didn't vote..cause I have a couple to add

At 41 I had girl
At 43 I had a boy
At 45??

Becca_Anne
September 13th, 2012, 10:15 PM
The poll is closed but my last son was born right after my 40th birthday. I hope they are right about older mom's having more girls because I have a lot of boy baby dust to overcome if I do this!

Shakti
September 17th, 2012, 11:51 AM
My mother was 42 when I was born, and I'm obviously a girl! And my father-in-law's mother was in her 40s when she gave birth to him and his younger sister.

The Anchor
September 17th, 2012, 12:01 PM
I had DD at 36, DS at 38...and I turned 40 TODAY, with #3 on the way. Will keep you posted on gender!

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2012, 01:03 PM
happy birthday, Anchor!!

The Anchor
September 17th, 2012, 02:17 PM
happy birthday, Anchor!!

Thanks Atomic! Who says we're too old to have babies???

atomic sagebrush
September 22nd, 2012, 03:17 PM
Not me! :) (well I am now LOL)

BeadinMom
September 22nd, 2012, 03:33 PM
These type polls always confuse me...
The pink is for boy and the blue is for girl. lol.

Happy belated Birthday, Anchor :)
And Atomic, you look like you're 20, you could totally have another baby. LOL.

mama3
January 4th, 2013, 05:24 PM
My mom had me at 42....she had...boy, girl and then me 7 years after my sister..an oops baby:) I'm 38...just had my third boy at 37 and will be 39 when we go for our last:)

pinkgerbera
January 5th, 2013, 04:20 PM
I know the poll is closed - but I just wanted to add that I had DS1 when I was 39 and DS2 at 41 (6 months ago) - no swaying involved - now looking at the possibility of swaying for a girl for one last try but wouldn't mind 3 boys as well - as I would just be totally happy to be pregnant one last time... Fingers crossed...

sbmommy
January 29th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Sorry I missed the poll - I had my first DD at 36 (weak boy sway failed), and am 38 and pregnant with my second DD (strong boy sway, again failed). My husband is also almost 5 years older then me, and I really believe that age naturally sways girl.

DH is bound and determined to have a boy, and wouldn't care if I kept having babies well into my 40's until we get a boy, although we both know financially (and on my part, mentally and physically) it's almost certainly not an option. Devastating GD since week 19 of this pregnancy, when we found out that it's another girl, has me questioning everything. We'll see after she gets here.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
February 2nd, 2013, 03:45 PM
My grandmother was 42 when she had my dad. She was 40 when she had my uncle.

Mrs_P
February 2nd, 2013, 04:13 PM
my dh's grandparents had 8 children of mixed genders with the last couple well into their forties.

a very good friend of mine delivered her little boy in her late forties (after a girl six years before - no swaying for either)

I know a lot of older moms with boys so its no guarantee of a girl and vice versa it shows you can get a little boy (and my fingers will be firmly crossed for you zivic when you try for your little lad x)

The Anchor
September 4th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Just learned that DH's aunt on his mum's side had 4 boys, 10 years apart. Her first at 34 and her 4th at 44!

Gidgetbeach
March 23rd, 2014, 08:37 AM
My friend down the road decided she wanted a baby at 45 and she got pregnant that week with a boy. That was her only child, so it certainly can happen and it seems she is very fertile so I imagine that swayed blue for her.

aidansmum
April 29th, 2014, 06:46 PM
I am 40 and having a little girl in July. I swayed though, no way to tell that would be the result otherwise.

alinar
May 6th, 2014, 11:29 AM
may i see your sway

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2014, 02:36 PM
it is posted in add your sway section

Songbird
July 20th, 2014, 09:31 PM
I had my first child a boy at 42. Now I'm praying to get pregnant at 44 hoping for a girl.

atomic sagebrush
July 21st, 2014, 01:06 PM
Did want to mention this may be one of those things where we have to look at bigger picture here - after all, just being able to easily get pg at older age may in and of itself mean that group of ladies is coming in more "set" for blue (due to being more fertile overall). So like breastfeeding and close spacing between kids, straight numbers may not always tell the tale here.

Mulberry Smurf
July 18th, 2015, 03:55 PM
My guess is the result is so boy heavy because the split of ladies swaying here in set at roughly 75% wanting a daughter as they have sons and the rest wanting girls, seems like this isn't an average poll as there is a certain subset of ladies on here that aren't representative of society in general xx

atomic sagebrush
July 20th, 2015, 12:15 PM
If any of this was clear cut and obvious, the old wives would have figured it out a long time ago.

We are looking for overall trends because of what they tell us about how all this works. Not for any kind of guarantee/magic bullet.

Traci25
February 4th, 2016, 04:03 PM
My grandmother had a dd at 41 and 2 friends both at 45 boys and 2 friends at 40 and 41 girls. I'm 40 and swaying girl but not pregnant yet

Little Lunasa
February 4th, 2016, 06:26 PM
Not sure how you want the poll to work but I had my girl at 43 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
February 4th, 2016, 06:28 PM
I think the poll closed a while ago, but all further posts are welcomed!! :)

Houseofblue
March 5th, 2019, 07:37 AM
If you were over the age of 40 when you gave birth to a child, what gender did you have? a boy or a girl. Thank you!!

I had a girl last year at 40. My first 4 kiddos were boys. But I did sway.

Pcoop
September 8th, 2020, 08:24 AM
having my baby hopefully soon. I'm 42. However, have to admit I had an embryo donation.

atomic sagebrush
September 11th, 2020, 11:01 AM
Good luck Pcoop!! I had my daughter at 42 and she is now eight!! I still feel great and more than capable of taking good care of her for as long as the Good Lord leaves me here! :)

Walkerbabies
September 26th, 2020, 09:06 AM
Hello ladies, I'm happy to see this! I'm 44 still hoping to be a mum. Would've gone in April for treatment. But you know how it is. Feeling kinda low. Do you think I will have to wait till April next year?

atomic sagebrush
September 26th, 2020, 03:42 PM
I hope not, Walker. Some evidence is seeming to indicate Covid19 is getting less fatal over the weeks and I am hoping that soon you will be back in business. :heart:

Walkerbabies
November 18th, 2020, 04:23 PM
Hi, just saw this post and realized I was right after all. Already booked with clinic for April next year. This year has been a struggle, thinking it can never happen for me and all that. But in a way it also forced me to relax and accept things as they are.

atomic sagebrush
November 19th, 2020, 01:36 PM
Oh no, well, I'm hoping it goes well once you get there! :heart:!!