PDA

View Full Version : Names for your DG

*ruby*
April 12th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Hi Ladies,

i'm sure we all dream about the names for our DG? or is that just me? LOL

Anyway I thought it would be a good idea for a thread.

Mine are

Ruby
Maisie
Stella
Sienna
Eloise
Lacey

and for another boy I like

Leo
Finn/Flynn
Harvey

Ribbons
April 12th, 2012, 11:49 PM
I've had the same name for my girl over 10 years - Sophia Cadence

I can't think of a name for a boy. It took FOREVER to find DS2 a name (we literally named him about a week before birth) b/c DH was so picky. I went through a zillion baby books reading all of the names out loud, and he would say, no, that one is someone I didn't like in high school, or no, you can make a bad nickname out of that, or no, those initials don't really make anything interesting AGH! It drove me crazy.

BTW DS2's name is William Emerson - we call him "Liam". My grandfather's name was William and my husband's middle name is Emerson. There was a lot of fighting before we finally landed on that name. (We made up, but it was tense LOL)

I want a girl more than anything, but if I do get a boy, I dread hearing the ultrasound confirmation less than trying to pick out a name!!

PS > I should add in here that my hubby is a programmer and he would want me to let you ALL know that his son's name spelled backwards is EMAIL and his initials are WEB - LOL

*ruby*
April 12th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Sophia is a beautiful name but out for us as we have a niece called Sophie.

We had a lot of "discussion" about names as well. My DH won for DS1 so I wouldn't budge for DS2 and got what I wanted!

I used to think boys names were harder but now not so much. At least if we do have another boy I have a few names I love that I can use which will surely make the GD easier.

Kiesse
April 13th, 2012, 12:47 AM
oh the name game!!! I always change my mind!

I also love sophia but spelt Sofia.
others are
Dani
Alexis/alexandra or lexi for short
Mckenzie
Kendyl
Maleyah
Breegan (bree)
Kyrah/Kylah
Jordyn
Isabella
Kaimyn
Sienna
Casey
Miya
Mia (pronounced Mee ahh)

For a boy
Leighton
Harrison
Jayden
Jaxon
Koby
Rylan

as you can see i have lots, could easily rattle off more than i love! but in saying that no matter what my next baby is i can almost guarantee their name wont be on this list as both my boys got names that werent even in our top 20! they just looked like a certain name that came to us after their birth

MatildaMai
April 13th, 2012, 02:00 AM
I am hoping this thread flourishes and gives me some ideas as I am pregnant with my DG. And I am stressing about the name already. DH likes common names and I like less common names, my stepkids have very popular names and there are always several other kids in their class with the same name and they hate it. Naming our twins was difficult. But at least there were two of them so we got to name one each!

I liked Matilda Mai for a long time but a friend called her daughter Poppy Matilda Mei about a year ago and I kind of went off it after that. I loved Lucia but we used the masculine version for one of our twins.

I like girly names like Charlotte but every 2nd girl seems to be called that. I like Arabella but DH thinks its 'prissy'. I like Alexa (Lexi) but Alex is the name of an old boyfriend and DH is not so keen for that reason!

My fav at the moment is Bohemia Grace. Of course DH thinks I have lost my mind as he knows no-one called Bohemia! Bo for short (which is a chinese name meaning precious). Or even Mia - though that's very common where we live.

hopingforsaskia
April 13th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Well, I love the name Saskia for a girl, (haha obvious much?) and the alternative for Saskia is - well - Emmerson :rofl: and the middle name Michele - after my mum.

My other boy name (*in case*) is Nash Keenan, Keenan being my mum's maiden name. So either way, the next kid is being named in some way after my mum.. ;)

*ruby*
April 13th, 2012, 03:01 AM
I know of a Saskia and she gets called Sassy for short. Too cute!

You have good taste, I like all of your choices incl your current kids names.
Different but not too out there IYKWIM

PeonyPrincess
April 13th, 2012, 06:12 AM
I haven't even started thinking of baby names. We find it so hard to agree on anything. If our first 2 were girls, they were going to be Sophie Marion, and Zoe Belle. I still love Belle (my dog's name is Bella!), but it feels like friends and family have now 'claimed' so many of the girl names I like. And if it is another boy, that is going to be even harder.
We have DS1 Lucas James, and DS2 Toren Jordan. Lucas has become so popular now, but there are still not many Torens!

Pangea
April 13th, 2012, 07:55 AM
I'm not going to think about girls names again until I know I'm having a girl. I had girls names picked for DS1 and DS2, DS1 was going to be Amelia, DS2 was going to be Alana. I've gone off both of those names now.
I had a tough time picking boys names for both boys, especially DS2, but now I keep hearing lovely boys names everywhere I go. So for my next pregnancy I'm only going to pick a boys name, and then if I find out it's a girl I'll allow myself to think of girls names.

Flava
April 13th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Funny but I have no idea how would I call my boy if I had one LOL

Ribbons
April 13th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Well, I love the name Saskia for a girl, (haha obvious much?) and the alternative for Saskia is - well - Emmerson :rofl: and the middle name Michele - after my mum.

My other boy name (*in case*) is Nash Keenan, Keenan being my mum's maiden name. So either way, the next kid is being named in some way after my mum.. ;)

DS1's name is Keenan! :D :agree:

Ribbons
April 13th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Another great boy name that I have always loved (one of my friends named her first) is Shepherd, and calls him Shep for short.

auroara78
April 13th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I find out what I'm having in 10 days! Yowers that's coming up fast!

If this is a girl:

Lillian.

My DH is pretty dead set on it. He even tells DS1 that if the baby is a girl, her name will be Lillian. That was the girl name we had picked out if DS2 had been a girl, so I still love it but not so sure anymore.

If this is a boy,

(*crickets chirping*)

We have no idea. My DH was even saying yesterday that if we hear boy in the US, he's NOT looking foward to it because of the name thing. It took us up until 3 weeks before DS2 was born to find Evan. And that was a compromise. I liked Wyatt or Aiden and he liked Orren and Jarren. I have noooo idea what we'll do, although I really fancy the name Henry Samuel and he hates it.

Now I should go look at a baby boy name list and put some ideas on here, rofl.

princesssarah34
April 18th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Well I have used all my boy names up....my 1st was not my choice except his nick Name AJ- Anthony Edward-James, 2nd one I had picked a long time ago Jackson James, 3rd Cayden Allen, and the one I lost was Evan Daniel. Now this baby did not have a name for a long time...but we have finally picked one but we are not telling anyone until he is here.

For girls I had a long list...but only 2 names I loved: Lilly and Zoey

atomic sagebrush
April 20th, 2012, 10:24 AM
That is my problem too Pangea - I only like boys names at this point and cannot think of a girls name to save my life. A lot of girls' names I really liked have suddenly gotten very popular - I don't know why that bothers me but it does! :P

Ribbons
April 20th, 2012, 11:41 AM
That is my problem too Pangea - I only like boys names at this point and cannot think of a girls name to save my life. A lot of girls' names I really liked have suddenly gotten very popular - I don't know why that bothers me but it does! :P

I hear you... we picked Sophia ages ago (right around the time we were first married) and it wasn't very popular then, but now it seems I hear it everywhere I go! But it's been with us so long that I don't want to change my mind now. We will probably end up calling her Cadence.

fourunderfour
May 18th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Another great boy name that I have always loved (one of my friends named her first) is Shepherd, and calls him Shep for short.

Ha! My youngest son is Shepherd! We call him Shep all the time. He also gets called "Sheppy" affectionately and "Tepperd" by our 2 year old.
His twin is named Thaddeus.

I have a well of overflowing boy names that I just LOVE...

In case any of you like my other kids names:
Cale Timothy
Megersa Jace (he was adopted from Ethiopia so we kept his ET name as his first)
Thaddeus Drew
Shepherd Kingston

I LOVE this thread. I am obsessed with the blog "youcantcallitit"!!
For our daughter I love the name Poppy.
...need a middle name though.
I also love Bess.
And I'm digging the name Alice too...

If we have a 5th boy (gulp) his name will most likely be Jude. Or maybe Eli Jude (and call him EJ sometimes). ;)

fourunderfour
May 18th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I hear you... we picked Sophia ages ago (right around the time we were first married) and it wasn't very popular then, but now it seems I hear it everywhere I go! But it's been with us so long that I don't want to change my mind now. We will probably end up calling her Cadence.

I think I just read that Sophia was #1 on the Social Security charts as far as names for 2011.
Very pretty, but yes, popular.
What about Zofia? means "wisdom" - and a variant of Sophia.

BeadinMom
May 18th, 2012, 04:32 PM
For boys names, so far on our list are Miller, Pierce & Oliver.

For girl names, I have one picked out...haven't even told my husband and I can't write it here, because I'm afraid it will JINX ME!! lol. I know...crazy, but I have ADD and think too much ;)

hopingforsaskia
May 29th, 2012, 02:45 AM
I have an Eli! He's Eli Reeve. He's a spitfire... Haha. ;)

nestof3
May 29th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I love the name Sloane for a girl

suregena
June 4th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Someone said something about jinxing... so I think I'll keep hypothetical future girl's name a secret until I ever know for one reason or another I am ever going to have her!

Our son is called Otis Stoney Harper. (Two middle names... Stoney was inspired by my husband's family and Harper is inspired from mine, but both unusual enough that it worked for us and makes it a name rich with meaning for us!)

As a result of two middle names, any and all future children will have two middle names! No one can be left out of the two-middle name party now, ha ha.

hopingforsaskia
June 5th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Otis Stoney Harper -- it sounds like the name of a superstar! I like it. I bet it really suits him too..

I have been thinking of giving Saskia Michele a third middle name, but both my boys only have 1 middle name, so it seems excessive! Haha! ;) my mother had an uncle called Ambrose, and I actually think its really nice as a girls name. Plus my name is Amy, so it's a little bit of a play.. I don't know though.. Saskia Michele Ambrose (maybe it sounds funny..) I guess I've still got a ton of time to think about it. ;)

*ruby*
June 5th, 2012, 11:33 PM
I have ben thinking about 2 middle names if I have a girl as well. I have 2 middle names so it could be something we can share, otherwise I may use my name as a middle name, is that weird? The boys just have the one middle name not named after anyone.

suregena
June 6th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Otis Stoney Harper -- it sounds like the name of a superstar! I like it. I bet it really suits him too..

I have been thinking of giving Saskia Michele a third middle name, but both my boys only have 1 middle name, so it seems excessive! Haha! ;) my mother had an uncle called Ambrose, and I actually think its really nice as a girls name. Plus my name is Amy, so it's a little bit of a play.. I don't know though.. Saskia Michele Ambrose (maybe it sounds funny..) I guess I've still got a ton of time to think about it. ;)

I went to school wih someone called Saskia. Always loved her name!

Princess of Pink
June 6th, 2012, 05:19 AM
For a boy it will be Rome Owen C.... His initials will be ROC...DH thinks it's cool lol

For a girl I have a few I like....winner so far is Harlow Jayne....but I am also liking:

Aja (pronounced like ASIA)
Aria
Mia
Mali
Aspen
Clio
Gia
Ayla
Halo
Brooklyn
Nivana

I change my mind weekly regarding girl names though...there are sooooo many I like!!

hopingforsaskia
June 6th, 2012, 07:01 AM
I went to school wih someone called Saskia. Always loved her name!

Awesome! I love hearing of nice people named Saskia! :)

CherryBlossom
August 6th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Myself and kiesse have very similar taste in names.
I'll confess I don't even have a girls name.
Always had the name Alicia on the list. And the name sienna. However as muh as I love both names we can't call out kids that now. Alicia - I now have a very close friend named Alicia. And sienna my other close friend named her baby girl that.
I do have a boys named picked though lol.
My boys names with the two boys always changed. The girls names always stayed.
Fingers crossed this will help lol. A few girls names I like but nothing as certain like the boys names haha.

WaitingforIvy
August 8th, 2012, 02:45 PM
My girl name is Ivy Christine.

If we are blessed with twin girls I like Grace Leona for the other girl.

Christine is my moms middle name and Leonard is my dads.

CrystalTipps
August 10th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Here's my list:

Bonnie
Dolly
Dulcie
Eden
Elise
Maya
Valentina.

Mum23boys
August 10th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Our 3 boys were always going to Amy but we are not that keen now - we like Amber, Lilly, Stephanie, I love Sidney but james hates it. Charlotte, lucy, violet, the list goes on - we literally have about 50 we love but not a single boys names - all 3 boys were hard to choose from we have Owen who till he was born was going to be Charlie then ellis and Liam who was going to be finley until he popped out and i decided he didnt look like a finley / finlay so if we have another boy he will no dobht be nameless for a long time !!!

momto4boyz
February 15th, 2014, 12:18 PM
My girl name has always been Megan. Dh loves Taylor, but it is pretty gender neutral, and If I ever get my girl, I want something GIRLY lol I might go with an "A" name.

No idea on a boy name if we have a 5th boy. My boys now are Connor, Brandon, Ryan and Logan.

GreaseMonkey
May 13th, 2014, 10:05 PM
I was going to name my DD Cerafina Mae but it's similar to my niece's name so it's a no go for me.
Other names are:

Emmabel
Emma Leigh
Valentina
Macayla
Leilana
Keona
Raylee

pinkiepie
June 5th, 2014, 01:39 AM
Why didn't you just name him Liam if you call him Liam?

Don't let the bastards get ya down