PDA

View Full Version : OMG...he's really in his TERRIBLE TWO'S!!!

Jojogirl
January 22nd, 2011, 04:00 PM
I hate labeling kids as TERRIBLE TWO'S! I really do! My *almost* 2 year old is really in them though. Usually it's 3's around here but he really is a BOLD 2! He's been horrible with sleep. He's starting to throw daily tantrums. I took him to his sisters dance class today and he proceeded to run around, grab other childrens food, HIT OTHER KIDS (OMG!!!) and throw himself on the ground and scream. I have *never* had a child like this. A few months ago he was an angel! Completely and totally. We did NOT see this coming with him at all. As soon as he started talking, this behavior started. It's so weird. I wish I knew what I could do to change it. I know he's expressing himself but hitting other children deserves the naughty chair for sure! I can't believe he did that! When I do put him in the naughty spot, he tries to swat at me and he screams. He never sits there. I have to hold him in that one spot until he gets the picture. Wow...i'm exhausted today!

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2011, 06:00 PM
I think this is one of those "hang on by your fingernails till it's done" periods! Time will fix everything!

That is EXACTLY how my DS 3 is and he's only just now starting to grow out of it (he'll be three in 2 months)

Good luck, I know it's so hard but just keep taking it a day/hour/minute at a time and soon it will end!!

Jojogirl
January 22nd, 2011, 06:51 PM
In the meantime, I'm not taking him out....ANYWHERE! He totally wore me out! I'm pretty much motified that he was so bold at dd's dance class. I'll let his father deal with that behavior! LOL!

ErinEfron
January 23rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
Nicco is the same. My problem is he is a SCREAMER. I have never had one of those. We don't know what to do with him except take him out of the room.

Jojogirl
January 24th, 2011, 01:12 PM
A is a screamer too. It's getting worse by the day! He screams, hits, throws himself on the floor. I'm just in awe! The other children were not like this...LOL He was so good for so long. I think he's rebelling!

Orchid
January 25th, 2011, 11:34 AM
My one and only child started "acting up" just before he turned 2. As a relatively new parent, it really causes a lot of stress in me. It is soo hard, we dread going out because of this behaviour. This is one of the reason we put our TTC plans on hold this year.

Good to hear they grow out of it. Whew!

Jojogirl
January 26th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Well, I did notice that little man is getting his molars! So it totally makes sense that he would be a monster. Especially at night! I am going to wait and see how his behavior is in a few weeks when they are all the way through. Right now he's drooling a lot and seems like he's irritated. I hope it's just b/c of the molars!

Eden
January 27th, 2011, 12:17 AM
That sounds like my 3 year old. OMG, it has been one damn temper tantrum after another. We can't go anywhere. We took the kids to the science center on Saturday and I wanted to leave after only being there an hour.

"I have to go to the bathroom", "I don't have to go to the bathroom", "I don't want to wash my hands", "I want to do this", "I don't want to go there", "I want milk", "not that milk", "I want to get the milk by myself", "I want my milk in a sippy cup", "I don't care that you did not bring a sippy cup or that I'm a big girl who can drink out of regular cups, I NEED a sippy cup", etc...etc...

The list seriously went on and on and on that day. I'm sure I looked like the worlds worst mother by the end because I had no patience left.

Lillylolly
January 28th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Arrhh! I think this may have started with DS also. YIKES!!!

Jojogirl
January 30th, 2011, 08:57 AM
with the other children, it was age 3 that was the worst. But....little man is quickly making me realize terrible 2's exist...LOL He's totally given up on going in the crib. Now he sleeps on a papasan cushion on the FLOOR. And that's only 1/2 the night. The other half he's in bed with us. AHHHH....it's going to be a long year!