PDA

View Full Version : our3sons girl sway- It's a boy!

our3sons
April 13th, 2012, 04:53 PM
We pretty much followed IG with some ideas from LE- no breakfast, etc. I hope it's still okay to post this here!

Gender Resulted confirmed boy at 16 weeks
Swaying Attempt - Natural

PH
CM Ph- Low 4s at time of BD
DH Ph- around 7.5
Douche type and when- no
Replens and when- rephresh a little over 1 hour after attempt
Big O- no

MINERALS
Calcium- whatever I got from diet + 750 mg in tabs/day
Magnesium- whatever I got from diet + 250 mg tab/day
Potassium- low
Sodium- low
DH minerals- same as me

DIET
Dietary Changes
DH and I both did IG diet to best of our ability, and it was definitely difficult. We did have cheats. I was more strict than he was, but he did do a pretty good job. I was impressed. I would say I did diet about 80%. The things I made sure to do: Skip breakfast in order to keep blood sugar low and lowered potassium A LOT (used to eat a banana with my -big- breakfast every day, plus lots of potatoes and tomato products) and Sodium WAY lower than what I normally have (used to eat a lot of processed packaged foods). Added Calcium and Magnesium supplements. Cut back meat consumption A LOT. Used to have red meat 3-4 times a week and haven't had red meat in over a month. Also used to eat a large serving of meat every dinner, and sometimes had leftovers for lunch the next day. I cut back to having a small serving of meat (chicken) once a day. Lost about 5 lb in the month before attempt. Drank water, CL, & milk regularly, red raspberry leaf tea once or twice per day, decaf coffee on occasion, sometimes cran juice or diet soda.
No Exercise besides what I do around the house and with the kids.

HORMONES
Drinks- no
Supplements- no hormone supplements for me, however I am BF my DS still and he is BF 2-3 times per day. DH took 450 Licorice Root 2-3 times per day.

SUPPLEMENTS
Cranberry- 25,000 fresh fruit equivalent
Acidophilus- whatever I was getting from yogurt
Sudafed- yes 2 hours before cut off attempt
Folic acid- 800 mcg
DH supps Calcium, Magnesium, Cranberry, Licorice Root

TIMING
BD cutoff (# of days)- 1-2 day cut off.. Around O-28-30 with 9 day abstain
BD thru O- no
O+12- yes 5 hours after DH released
Frequent BD- no
Charting O with Temp- yes
Charting O with OPK- yes with Clear Blue Digital
Fertility monitor used- no
Suspected O date- early hours 2/3 (CD14)

IONS
Oed in what moon phase- new moon
Changed ions in other ways?- kept a rock salt lamp next to my bed at night time and moved it near where I was during the day, painted nails every 2nd day, fans in house almost always on, fresh air, running water, rose quartz, lavendar hand soap and body soap, showers, baltic amber necklaces, calcium, magnesium, burts bee's beeswax with vit E and peppermint lip balm, maybe more.

OTHER
How many kids do you have?- 3
What gender(s)?- precious little boys
# of months TTC - 3
Your Age- 24 DH Age- 26
BD position- missionary, shallow, deposit near v entrance
Jump and dump- after cut off, no. after O+ I did J&D after 20 min but only because I had to pee.
EWCM present/how much?- no
DH undies type- tighties
DH hot bath/shower- yes right before cut off BD
OWT - anything under bed? wooden baby cradle the baby will sleep in and 2 outfits, one pickedby me and one by DH

COMMENTS?
Well, I know I don't have a perfect sway. But I did the best I could without making myself too crazy. I have been skipping breakfast for about 2 months to try and keep blood sugar low, and have been pretty mindful with sodium & potassium for a while. Hubby made the hard switch from boxers to whitey tighties. He also abstained 9 days before our attempt. So we made our attempt Weds 2/1 (CD12) in the evening. We both took a hot shower and then we layed in bed and prayed together before BD. Our ceiling fan was on, along with our rock salt lamp, and had a lavendar candle lit. Missionary, shallow pen and release. Propped up hips afterward for over an hour, checked ph during that time, and at the 1h15m mark, it was 6.3 so I did a finger rephresh and checked 20 min later and it was 5.4. Then 45 minutes later (almost 2.5 hr after BD) it was 5. I then fell asleep and checked it 4.5 hrs later (7 hrs after BD)- CM was very watery and ph was about 4.5. Thursday 2/2 I got a positive OPK with FMU. I had cramps off and on throughout the day and my ph was getting a bit higher (high 4s, low 5s-- normally low 4s pre-O). Friday 2/3 (CD14) I woke up at 6 am and my temp was not up yet but CP and CM had changed & PH was at 4.3, so DH released around 7am. Then 5 hrs after his release, CM was creamy/sticky and PH was 4.3 so we did our O+ attempt the same way as before. Layed with hips propped 20 min, then got up to pee- some came out. checked ph at 30 min mark and it was 5.6. Checked another 45 minutes later and it was at 5. I got my bfp at 10 dpo!
For the record, FF thinks I O'd later, on CD15, which would make it a 1 day & 3 day cut off. I think FF is wrong based on my CM and CP, and by dropping my temp by .05 degrees F on CD14, FF changed O date to CD14 which I believe is the accurate O date. (I started my period around 7 am that cycle-- I think I O'd around 4am, based on my CM and CP. I took my temp at 6am so I think it just hadn't had enough time to rise yet-- supposedly takes a couple hours after O)

Here’s where we stand: God knows our hearts desire for a daughter, and I know beyond the shadow of a doubt we will conceive in His time and we will have whatever gender God has in His plan for us, regardless of how good or awful our sway is... This is why we aren’t making ourselves crazy with diet, etc. I do believe there is good research that backs it up, but I have seen lots of "perfect" sways result opposite and I believe that's because that's the gender the person was meant to have.. We have kept some ideas of swaying in mind, as far as doing things opposite of how we conceived our boys, but I am trying really hard not to obsess and stress over it, because ultimately what's meant to be will be. I'm trusting God's plan. His plan is always better than mine.

here_we_go!
April 13th, 2012, 08:36 PM
You did a lot! Good luck! I hope you get that baby girl!! Congrats. :)

TTC5
April 14th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Hope you get your girl!

PeonyPrincess
April 14th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Yay our3sons, congratulations!! I love your outlook on your special baby. I also believe that the exact right baby for me is in my belly, regardless of its gender.

nuthinbutpink
April 14th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Congratulations and good luck!

our3sons
April 14th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Thank you!! We are so excited to find out and start shopping, picking a name, and all that fun stuff!

love-my-kids
April 14th, 2012, 04:02 PM
CONGRATS!!! Looks great!

zanacal
April 14th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Congratulations and good luck :D

atomic sagebrush
April 14th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Yes, it's fine to post it here! :)

That looks great! Wishing you the very very best of luck!

our3sons
April 15th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Yes, it's fine to post it here! :)

That looks great! Wishing you the very very best of luck!

Thank you atomic!! And congratulations on your baby girl! ❤

Indira
April 15th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I hope your three boys will have a little sister :luck:

our3sons
April 17th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I hope your three boys will have a little sister :luck:

Thank you so much! I posted in the ultrasound forum if you want to take a peek!

nks798
April 17th, 2012, 03:17 PM
congratulations, I love your outlook. His plan is always better than ours :)

our3sons
April 23rd, 2012, 08:36 PM
hoping to be updating this with gender in 2 weeks!

our3sons
May 12th, 2012, 05:37 PM
It's a boy! pretty convinced swaying doesn't work as well as they say. We literally did EVERYTHING the opposite. But. We are happy and can't wait for our little boy to get here!

BeadinMom
May 12th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Congratulations!
Little boys are incredibly sweet...and with all you did to sway, it's obvious this little guy fought hard to be a part of your family!!

Enjoy that sweet baby boy!!

PeonyPrincess
May 12th, 2012, 06:10 PM
You certainly did do heaps our3sons and don't forget to remind yourself of that. This little boy was just meant to be. Enjoy choosing a name and preparing to meet your dear boy.

TTC5
May 12th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Congrats on a healthy boy! xx

Myloves
May 12th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Congrats on your lovely boy:HH:

Hobbermittens
May 12th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Congrats on your baby boy!!

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Congrats on your boy!!

Indira
May 13th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Congrats on your baby boy!

auroara78
May 14th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Congrats our3sons, and I concur that this little man just really, really wanted to be with YOUR family!! :celebrate:

ILindGurl
May 14th, 2012, 01:14 PM
YAY! Congratulations on another boy! BOYS are amazing!! :)

ThinkingPink
May 14th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Congratulations on your baby boy x

PolishPrincess
May 14th, 2012, 04:47 PM
What a lucky little baby to have three brothers looking out for him!!! Congratulations I can tell from your posts you're boys are lucky to have you! Happy and Healthy pregnancy!!!

My Fabulous Children
May 15th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Congrats on your little boy!!

nini
May 15th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Just saw your update, I have already emailed you as well. So happy to hear all is well with your baby and pregnancy, sweetie. Who knows we might meet again ttcing in years time for another litlte baby and who knows we might be getting a girl together then? But so far, lets hope for the safe arrival of our little October boys :bluecheer:

amari
May 18th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Congrats on your beautiful baby boy!

BenOliver1
June 17th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Congrats!