PDA

View Full Version : Supplements to avoid while on Clomid?

leap_of_faith
April 14th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Hi ladies,

I’ll be starting my first Clomid cycle next week in reparation for my IUI (wihtout M/S) and I’m a little concerned about how it will interact with supplements I’ve been taking, specifically Tyrosine to help with thyroid functioning (I’m a Hashi’s patient), StaminoGro (http://www.staminogro.com/index.php/en/nutritional-information) (multivitamin to help with fertility) and fennel tea for digestion. I don’t just want to quit cold turkey, because these supps are a big part of my blue sway, plus I’ve noticed real improvements in my overall health since I started taking them, but I also don’t want anything to interfere with the Clomid doing its job.

Basically, what I want to know is, did anyone out there sway while doing IUI?
If yes, which supps did you take and did it help?

All responses welcome ;)

michaela
April 14th, 2012, 02:21 PM
None of those that you mentioned should interfere with Clomid. Good luck!

leap_of_faith
April 15th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Thank you! Was really hoping for some good news on this :)

fourunderfour
May 9th, 2012, 04:22 PM
I have 1 son conceived from clomid...no supplements taken. I also have twin sons conceived using follitstim and IUI (using metformin and progesterone).
Good luck! :)

LolaInLove
May 9th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Good luck! I may be doing IUI in the future myself....I've taken Clomid and had no problems and I was taking a prenatal, fish oil, and some green supplements at the time (I was a boy swayer) and all was fine. I think you want to stay away from hormonal stuff, but the thyroid meds are fine from what I've read. Michaela knows all about meds, so you are good. No pregnancy, but it had nothing to do with that. (We have male factor....hence the possible IUI in the future.) I did get some mad hot flashes, though....was always hot and kinda irritable also, but I did ovulate like clockwork on cd13, which is a day earlier than my natural cycle. Keep us updated!