PDA

View Full Version : Was the ring/pencil test right for you?

love-my-kids
April 14th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I've done it like 15 times and every time it says boy, boy, girl, boy, boy, girl. Has it been right for anyone?

Zivic-Bubac
April 14th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I want to try it! Does it have to be wedding ring? Because I can't take it off :worry:

Give me instructions, please!!!! :)

Zivic-Bubac
April 14th, 2012, 05:09 PM
boy, boy, girl, boy, boy, girl.I know a lady who has 8 kids: :biggirl2: :biggirl2: :biggirl2: :bigboy: :biggirl2: :biggirl2: :biggirl2: :bigboy: So it seems her pattern is-every 4th kid is a boy ( she says they are not done yt, so I'll see if my theory works lol!)
Maybe your pattern is -every 3rd kid is a girl. I hope I'm right! :)

TTC5
April 14th, 2012, 06:48 PM
I am yet to try this but it worked for my girls funny enough!

love-my-kids
April 14th, 2012, 08:39 PM
You tie a string to the end of a pencil or a ring (any ring) and hold it over your belly or wrist. You have to wait for it to stop and then it will either go back and forth for a boy or in a cycle for a girl. It will stop in between and not move anymore when it's done with how many kids.... I did this on my kids to for fun because they saw me doing it and wanted to try. We did it last night and today and it said the same thing for all of them twice. It was pretty crazy.

love-my-kids
April 14th, 2012, 08:39 PM
I know a lady who has 8 kids: :biggirl2: :biggirl2: :biggirl2: :bigboy: :biggirl2: :biggirl2: :biggirl2: :bigboy: So it seems her pattern is-every 4th kid is a boy ( she says they are not done yt, so I'll see if my theory works lol!)
Maybe your pattern is -every 3rd kid is a girl. I hope I'm right! :)

I hope so!!!!

Zivic-Bubac
April 16th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I can't believe I've found official pregnancy pencil test Pencil Pregnancy Test (http://pencilpregnancytest.com/) :rofl:
I've done it on myself ( although it says it has to be somebody else doing it for you) and it showed me this:

1. m/c - correct ( big circle)
2.:DD: - correct ( side-to-side)
3.:DD: - correct ( side-to-side)
4.:DS: - I hope and pray it's correct!!!!! Got my hopes up again!!! I know I'm silly, can't help it :p
5.:DS: - oh well...if my current pregnancy is a boy, I'm done...if not, I'll give it one more try for :xy:

Zivic-Bubac
April 16th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Oh, I forgot to say, tomorrow my friend is coming with her daughters for a visit, I'll ask her to do it for me, let you know the results! Can't wait!!!!

purplepoet20
April 16th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I did it several times....

B - premature 6mth
G - m/c 1st tri
B - DS1
G - not sure but had heavy heavy bleeding 5-6wks before DS2
B - DS2
GB - please please please girl (one was lost at about 5wks)
B - I don't want anymore so ?

Zivic-Bubac
April 16th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Purple huni, so it's correct for you? That's so promising....You're spiritual person, you can do it on yourself, I can't wait for my friend to do it tomorrow.

To answer your question from GD thread: I was told 'probably girl' on 12 weeks scan and 'girl!" on 15 weeks scan-you've seen those crappy shots on u/s thread, you deciphered them for me lol! none of them was potty shot, but he probably saw something on the scan when he happily announced "it's a girl!'

I was too confused and bummed and wanted to run away so it didn't occur to me to ask the tech to show me girl parts.
So I'm lying to myself and everybody else I don't know for sure...

purplepoet20
April 16th, 2012, 03:19 PM
ZB -

based on what I saw on your u/s pics dont buy pink yet because even i think 12 & 15 wks is to early to "know". Get one now or very soon. I still think that one of your next 2 will be a boy but it's your girls that will do better in life! Very smart girls and a boy would be spoiled.

I am having a hard time with feelings right now. I am not dreaming or seeing much for myself.

Zivic-Bubac
April 16th, 2012, 04:23 PM
ZB -
Very smart girls and a boy would be spoiled.

I am having a hard time with feelings right now. I am not dreaming or seeing much for myself.Awww, that is so sweet of you! :awe: And a spoiled boy-now that would be 200% true LOLOL!
I do always remember what you've told me when you saw my girls' pic-you see 2 more kiddos close in age which is probably going to happen if this one is a girl! Thank you for encouragement!

Are you having hard time because you think/feel it might be a boy again? When you're going for u/s?
I'm sending hugs you're way, I know EXACTLY how dark it can be....:hug2:

Indira
April 16th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Well that is creepy!
I watched how this works on YouTube and never imagined the ring would start moving by itself.
When it started going side to side, I though it would just keep doing that but I got a circle as well..

I got the same results twice:
:DS::DS::DS::DD:

We´re not having a fourth though!
I really tried with power of mind to make it circle after the second boy but that didn´t work.

Butterfly Spirit
April 16th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I'm so freaked out I will jinx myself If I do this test, so I will wait until I am safely prego!! hahaha :rofl:

Hobbermittens
April 16th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I have done this with a needle, and it said GBGB, which is what I am hoping for, but I feel like I am having another girl... I guess I will know if the needle is right in a few months!

coocoobananas
April 16th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I did it and it said BBG...GB those extra 2 are not in the plan lol!!!

fivebabies
April 16th, 2012, 11:04 PM
I just did this....craziest thing ever! It literally moved then dead stopped and moved again. I had a ceiling fan on while I did it so I thought that maybe it was what was moving it but after the last "baby" it just stopped and didn't move a single bit!!!!

It did :DS: :DS: :DD: :DS: :DD: for me. I have BBGB and am pregnant with ? ....crazy. Going to do it again tomorrow.

ETA: I had always heard that you hold it over your palm so I just did it...same order BBGBG but it was stronger movement...like I literally felt a "pull" on the chain and ring, like someone was pulling on the other end moving it. Chain was tight.

dloui128
April 17th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I just did this....craziest thing ever! It literally moved then dead stopped and moved again. I had a ceiling fan on while I did it so I thought that maybe it was what was moving it but after the last "baby" it just stopped and didn't move a single bit!!!!

It did :DS: :DS: :DD: :DS: :DD: for me. I have BBGB and am pregnant with ? ....crazy. Going to do it again tomorrow.

ETA: I had always heard that you hold it over your palm so I just did it...same order BBGBG but it was stronger movement...like I literally felt a "pull" on the chain and ring, like someone was pulling on the other end moving it. Chain was tight.

Did you do it yourself or have someone do it for you, I might try this today

auroara78
April 17th, 2012, 09:28 AM
My coworker is really into this and swears by it. She's done the pencil test several times on me and it always says: BBGB. I don't plan on having a 4th at the moment, esp. if this one is indeed a girl, but yet I've always had that feeling that I'm not done with boys, and the way I can't tolerate hormonal birth control, it would be feasbile that at some point my DH and I might have yet another opps (our boys were opps) and have yet another boy. I just *feel* that he is still out there, waiting to be born. I also have the sense that there is one daughter in my future. I am excited that it predicted girl for this pregnancy...I find out on Friday, and I will update this thread whether the pencil test is right for my 3rd!

love-my-kids
April 17th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Ok I just tired this again with the needle in it and it said boy, boy, m/c, girl, boy m/c, boy, and then girl and stopped, Hope it's right! Pretty freaky!

purplepoet20
April 17th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Awww, that is so sweet of you! :awe: And a spoiled boy-now that would be 200% true LOLOL!
I do always remember what you've told me when you saw my girls' pic-you see 2 more kiddos close in age which is probably going to happen if this one is a girl! Thank you for encouragement!

Are you having hard time because you think/feel it might be a boy again? When you're going for u/s?
I'm sending hugs you're way, I know EXACTLY how dark it can be....:hug2:

It's funny but when I first got preg I saw a princess girl in all our family photos. I still see her but I am not dreaming about her except a few dreams. I dreamt like crazy with the boys and all the troubling things they will do, I am so wrapping them in bubble wrap and locking them in a padded room. I was expecting to dream about a girl to but nothing. I feel like I may have a girl which is the first time I felt like I am having a girl... With DS1 the urine gender test said girl but I felt it was wrong and with DS2 I wanted a girl but knew he was a boy... I don't know if I feel like it's a girl because of swaying but all I know is it is all I feel. The ultrasound is May 7th at 5pm AZ time and I will try to post a pic right away or the next day, if a girl I may throw a party and if a boy I will spend the night crying!

When is your scan? I am having prego brain (which I never had before) so I don't know if you posted somewhere else.

purplepoet20
April 17th, 2012, 12:06 PM
I did it and it said BBG...GB those extra 2 are not in the plan lol!!!

You could go for the extra girl... tell DH that G needs a sister since the BB have each other!

Indira
April 17th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Auroara good luck on Friday!

auroara78
April 19th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Thanks hun! I am hoping to update this thread that it was right for my 3rd baby :bigsmile:

Zivic-Bubac
April 19th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Auroara, I'm stalking you! :wink:

pebmcpd7
April 19th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Ok I did it with my wedding ring and some thread and it gave me 6 boys swinging side to side and the last was a circle 'a GIRL'!!!!!!!

Hobbermittens
April 19th, 2012, 04:44 PM
I did the needle on a string, held it over my palm. I saw how to do it here:

Gender Needle Trick - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvC6tQEgAZ8)

auroara78
April 20th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Well so far the test has gotten my family makeup correct: BBG

Hmm, wonder if it will true for that 4th...being a boy...since my DH and I pretty much are 'done' and don't think (we're always allowed to change our minds later hehe) we want anymore after this one.

HappyLea
April 21st, 2012, 03:25 PM
Ok i just tried this after viewing some of the clips on you tube. I was sceptical about this as i thought they must be moving.

Well my outcome was : BBBGBG

Well i have 3 boys and pregnant now (swayed girl) dont plan on a 5th never mind a 6th??!!

Im gonna repeat this again soon when my arm has stopped aching...lol

auroara78
April 21st, 2012, 04:28 PM
That's really good that it predicted a G this preg, and aren't you the slightest bit impressed that it got your 3 boys right? Wow 6 ...I thought the ring test saying 4 for me was crazy!!!

HappyLea
April 21st, 2012, 04:57 PM
That's really good that it predicted a G this preg, and aren't you the slightest bit impressed that it got your 3 boys right? Wow 6 ...I thought the ring test saying 4 for me was crazy!!!

Very impressed it got my boys correct, i did it again when i go in bed...even used a different string and it gave me the exact same result.
Gonna test it on my mum and sis tomorrow to see how accurate it is and maybe get DH to do it again on me. I cant get over it actually moving and i was deffo not moving in any way.

Hobbermittens
April 21st, 2012, 05:44 PM
Happylea and Auroara (and everyone else), are you using a ring or the pencil to do this? I can't get my wedding ring off. :oops:

Irishmom
April 21st, 2012, 05:47 PM
Another old wives tale test lol.

Directions for Red Cabbage Test:
Buy a head of red cabbage, chop into small pieces (the smaller the better).
Bring water to a boil then add cabbage and let it set for 10 mins.
Separate the cabbage from the water...KEEP THE WATER.
Mix equal parts of cabbage water with urine and watch it change!
Results will be red/pink for a boy or purple/blueish for a girl.

Red Cabbage Test at 10 weeks - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phEyF101lUk&feature=related)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni3XRxwTvWQ&feature=related

HappyLea
April 21st, 2012, 05:49 PM
Happylea and Auroara (and everyone else), are you using a ring or the pencil to do this? I can't get my wedding ring off. :oops:

I used my wedding ring, but on the you tube vids said can use any ring x

HappyLea
April 21st, 2012, 05:52 PM
Another old wives tale test lol.

Directions for Red Cabbage Test:
Buy a head of red cabbage, chop into small pieces (the smaller the better).
Bring water to a boil then add cabbage and let it set for 10 mins.
Separate the cabbage from the water...KEEP THE WATER.
Mix equal parts of cabbage water with urine and watch it change!
Results will be red/pink for a boy or purple/blueish for a girl.

Red Cabbage Test at 10 weeks - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phEyF101lUk&feature=related)

Red Cabbage pH Indicator - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni3XRxwTvWQ&feature=related)

I tried this test at around 6 weeks and said boy but i will try it again now im in 10 week. But i have read this test goes off you ph and this is affected by what you eat and drink. But its all good fun x

Hobbermittens
April 21st, 2012, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I heard the cabbage test wasn't very accurate. However, it has been right for some people!

Zivic-Bubac
April 22nd, 2012, 04:00 AM

I'm using the pencil to do it over my wrist and wedding ring for the belly. I couldn't take it off either so I took a drop of baby oil, try to put it under your ring and then all over the finger. Ring was stubborn but so was I then it finally went off with minor injuries LOL!

Princess of Pink
April 22nd, 2012, 04:34 AM
I used a needle and got:
GIRL
GIRL
GIRL
GIRL
GIRL
BOY
STOP

auroara78
April 23rd, 2012, 02:41 PM
Whoooo hooo PoP!!! Wow that lone boy that you're going to have showed up on there! I got major blue vibes for you, my darling! C'mon baby in blue!

Hobbers, I don't have this, my co-worker has it, and she has the pencil verison of it, with a needle through the eraser and the thread is tied through the needle portion. She has done it on everyone open minded and of child bearing age at my work and it's been right for all of them.

Usually I don't put much stock/faith in OWTs but this one has pretty eerie and correct! It was right for my oldest sister too, and she doesn't believe in it, yet couldn't outright dismiss that it correctly said her family makeup before she had all those boys. It told her GBBBB and she laughed at it and thought "I'll never have 5 kids"..she always thought she'd have more girls somewhere, but she ended up having what it said while she was pregnant with her 1st child.

fivebabies
April 24th, 2012, 10:57 PM
I keep doing this to see if it changes...nope, same exact thing everytime.

begonia
April 24th, 2012, 11:04 PM
I can't remember if I replied on this thread or not yet! :)

But this totally did creep me out when I did it while pg. I think I did it like, every day ... and it always said GGB.

Most of you know how that turned out for me :rofl:

Even though it was CLEARLY wrong as I definitely have another girl here now, I found it crazy how it was consistent every time. No matter where I did it in the house (controlling for air flow of course, verrrry scientific!) it was always the same.

CherryBlossom
April 24th, 2012, 11:23 PM
My aunty swears by the ring test.
Everyone she has ever tested has been right.... EXCEPT ME!!! LOL
Every one of the wives tales I took with my first pregnancy said GIRL. Even Mothers instincts I swore I was having a girl.
Till the night he was born and of course... what did I see between the legs LOL.

I never tried it with my second son. However I think I will be keen to try the pencil test with next bubs as I only seen that after I had my second baby =) All for a bit of fun hey

auroara78
April 26th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Begonia, I think that is sorta creepy, because it does the same for me, always: BBGB, it never wavers, never changes position, it is stuck there in that line-up.

It is to the point where my DH (who doesn't believe in these kind of things) sort of does believe in it (though he won't openly admit it) and he's been talking about a 4th a lot lately since we found our 3rd is a girl. Seems he actaully did want another son (how greedy can he be? :rofl:) and is hoping if we have a 4th the pencil test will be right and we'll have that 3rd son he was so sure we'd have this time.

Butterfly Spirit
April 26th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I keep doing this to see if it changes...nope, same exact thing everytime.

That is SOoooOO freaky!

Ribbons
April 26th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Haha I did this because all of you did it... Not a very superstitious person, but it's fun, so what the hey - I also get the exact same thing every time... wedding ring on string... will try again tomorrow :)

I get - BGBGG

DS1, ectopic (I always felt that was a girl), DS2, and maybe my sway will be girl twins??! That would rock (but DH would have a heart attack!)

Hobbermittens
April 26th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Are you all doing these tests on yourself, or having someone else hold the string? Just curious...

Ribbons
April 26th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I did it on myself... held the string with right hand, over left palm... just did it again, gave me the same results again. Creepy! Old wive's tales are fun :)

Butterfly Spirit
April 26th, 2012, 06:50 PM
And isn't it interesting that with some people it's reversed.. i.e. circle for girl, back and forth for boy!

fivebabies
April 29th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Hobber~ I do it on my own but have had it done by someone else (not telling them my previous results) and they were the same.

auroara78
April 30th, 2012, 11:35 AM
My coworker keeps doing it on me! She has the pencil with the needle and string through it.

Kiesse
April 30th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Ok I want to try this but i have a couple of questions.
What = boy and what = girl? circle or back and forth? As it is reversed for some people how do we find that out? Like for me how would i know?
Also does it include ALL pregnancies? eg, MC or terminations?

Kiesse
April 30th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Also do you just use a bit of string for this?

Ribbons
April 30th, 2012, 04:50 PM
I've always read that it is circle for girl and side to side for boy. I'm not sure where the reverse came from.
I used my wedding ring on a bit of string. If you google "ring gender test" in youtube, there are several videos of people doing it.
Some people say that it includes m/c and terminations (I interpret mine as including my ectopic) but I have had a few chemicals and they aren't in my results. Since a LOT of pgs are chemicals - most we don't even know about - it would be kind of crazy if those were included - plus, you could pretty much explain ANY result that came out of this by saying that the pattern was due to chemicals you didn't know about!
It's all good fun - doubt there is any truth to it, but I do keep getting the same result, over and over! Did it again today :) BGBGG - really holding out for those future GG twins :bigsmile:

Kiesse
April 30th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Lol i hope you get the twins!
Hmmm will have to give this a go, i can't search you tube as i am at work and using my ph. Naughty i know!

Butterfly Spirit
May 3rd, 2012, 07:30 AM
I used my wedding ring

It spun around
then did a CIRCLE
It spun around
then did another CIRCLE
spun around again
then went in a STRAIGHT LINE
spun around again
then went DIAGONAL
then stopped.

I guess circles mean boy for me. For some people they do, it depends on the person.
I'm just hoping for those TWINS, and at least one of them a girl!

angeleyes
June 7th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I tried the pencil test on myself and it showed me 1 miscarriage then Girl Girl Girl and it was right for those four and now I'm preganent and it shows I'm having twins.....lol I was homing for a boy. Becareful what you wish for you just might get double. I Asoka's tried it with my sister and it showed a m/c and Boy Boy twins and boy that was also right. She finds out to day if its another boy.

angeleyes
June 7th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Pencil test: this is how it works

Largs Circles =M/C
Side to Side= Girl
Up and down=Boy
Diagainoal= Twins
It was right for me
Hope this helps

Zivic-Bubac
June 8th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Pencil test: this is how it works

Largs Circles =M/C
Side to Side= Girl
Up and down=Boy
Diagainoal= Twins
It was right for me
Hope this helps

Did you hold it above your wrist or belly?
I was doing it above my wrist and it showed me :biggirl2: :biggirl2: :bigboy: :bigboy:
When my sister did it for me it showed :biggirl2: :biggirl2: :biggirl2: :bigboy: I was so mad at her lol!

Is it more accurate if someone else do it for you? My sister is 200% sure this one is a girl, maybe that's why it showed girl when she did it?

auroara78
June 8th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I personally think it's more accurate if someone else does it for you, just so you aren't accidently swaying it. I do belive the 3 girls and boy is going to be ZB, pls don't get mad at me for saying that!

Myloves
June 9th, 2012, 06:16 AM
I personally think it's more accurate if someone else does it for you, just so you aren't accidently swaying it. I do belive the 3 girls and boy is going to be ZB, pls don't get mad at me for saying that!

I hope Zivic gets a boy, but I sort of feel the same way aurora. 3 girls and 1 boys sounds wonderful and I would have loved to have that family make-up.

angeleyes
June 11th, 2012, 09:21 AM
You hold it over your wrist......My sister is having GIRL. After having 4 boys. Now its time for me to have my boy

ThinkingPink
July 15th, 2012, 04:49 AM
I did this recently with a group of neighbours:

Neighbour one: BGB (she has boy and girl and wants two more boys)
Neighbour two: BGB (she had boy and girl and is now pregnant with her third, a boy!)
Neighbour three: GB (what she has and she is done..)
Neighbour four (me): BGB (if I get a girl this time I think we will be done)

Keeping everything crossed its right. I'm scared to do it again in case it gives me a result that I don't want to hear ...

Irishmom
July 15th, 2012, 06:23 AM
It was wrong for me this time. Result was girl I'm having a boy. :)

auroara78
July 16th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Irishmom, it was right for your boys though? it's been eerie right for a ton of ppl I know in RL, which makes me feel like if we did have a 4th, we'd be bound to have a boy.

BoyGirlOrAlien
July 30th, 2012, 05:05 PM
my last daughter circled for girl . this time its side to side . but im wondering if it knows how desperate i am..

mrshonyez
August 23rd, 2012, 04:51 PM
My mom recently did the pencil test on me, the one where side to side is girl, up and down (hand to elbow) is boy, and every single time she has done it, it says boy boy girl. We've done it probably 6 times. Hers always says girl girl, which is what she had. So far it's right for my boys, so I hope it's right this time too!

love-my-kids
August 26th, 2012, 03:28 PM
this ended up being right for me.