PDA

View Full Version : Payment Plans?

3boyz
April 14th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Hi! Does HRC or any other clinics offer payment plans for PGD? Or is it all cash up front type of deal? I'm trying to figure out when I could cycle (providing I get DH on board....:rolleyes:) and I know a payment plan option would possibly help my husband with the financial side of things!

michaela
April 14th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Hi! Does HRC or any other clinics offer payment plans for PGD? Or is it all cash up front type of deal? I'm trying to figure out when I could cycle (providing I get DH on board....:rolleyes:) and I know a payment plan option would possibly help my husband with the financial side of things!

Some clinics work with certain banks that do medical loans but the interest rates are typically sky high. It is actually cheaper to do do a low interest rate credit card and set up a payment plan (assuming your credit is good for the low interest rate cards). You can then transfer balances so that you can pay it off faster and don't have to pay the higher interest rates.

If you want to go the medical loan route it looks as though HRC works with this company.
HRC Fertility Center, Financing Options for Fertility Treatment - Huntington Reproductive Center - California Fertility Treatment (http://www.havingbabies.com/infertility-treatment/treatment-costs/financing-options/)

I don't know what other clinics you are looking at but they will typically talk about financing on their websites.

HTH!

3boyz
April 14th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Thank you! I'll have to look into low interested rate cards. :)

willtherebe4
April 15th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Good Question! Would make it easier I agree and less daunting for the other half. It is was short term I'd say CC otherwise I was thinking start a savings but actually add it to your Mortgage so in effect you already save interest and then just use the redraw facility on your mortgage if this is an option for you. Otherwise I'd consider a personal loan or home loan top up would end up being cheaper.
Possibly have a cc with a larger limit for the flexibility and then repay it with one of the options mentioned above.

3boyz where will you be travelling from?

Daisy Mae
April 15th, 2012, 01:42 AM
Not sure if you are in the US... but once I started actually looking at the credit card offers I got in the mail instead of just immediately trashing them, I realized how often credit card companies will offer you zero percent interest rates for XX amount of months. We paid upfront for some of our cycle and then put the rest on one of those credit cards and took advantage of the time we didn't have to pay it off. GL!

3boyz
April 15th, 2012, 07:29 AM
thanks ladies! I'm in Northern Indiana, about 2 hours from Chicago. I've been looking for opinions on cycling in Chicago, but so far I haven't heard from anyone on here who has done that. I was thinking maybe I would get Dream Membership and ask Dr. Potter if he has any recommendations for awesome docs in this area. It would save a lot of money to not have to fly and hotel for a week in CA. :)