PDA

View Full Version : Side you sleep on

Zivic-Bubac
April 15th, 2012, 02:40 PM
If you sleep on your right side, it's probably a :biggirl2:, if you sleep on your left, it's probably a :bigboy:

This kinda makes sense to me because most girl embies are on the left, et vice versa.

Guess what side I find more comfortable? :hair:

Any experiences with sleeping positions and gender?

And I've found this What's the best sleep position during pregnancy? | BabyCenter (http://www.babycenter.com/404_whats-the-best-sleep-position-during-pregnancy_7608.bc) and this Stillbirth: Sleeping on your right side 'could put your unborn baby at risk' | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2003662/Stillbirth-Sleeping-right-unborn-baby-risk.html) :worry:

Mochagirl
April 15th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Well, I consistently sleep on my left side, so this OWT is wrong for me!

ynwa
April 15th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I sleep on left side and have 2 sons

Zivic-Bubac
April 15th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Well, I consistently sleep on my left side, so this OWT is wrong for me!

Cool! :agree:

Zivic-Bubac
April 15th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I forgot to say it matters only when you're pg. Ynwa, were you sleeping on your left while pg with your boys?

HappyLea
April 15th, 2012, 03:23 PM
What about if you sleep on your tummy? :think:

Zivic-Bubac
April 15th, 2012, 03:35 PM
What about if you sleep on your tummy? :think:

While pregnant? I believe it's not advisable. Regarding gender, it probably tells nothing, like anterior placenta.

ynwa
April 15th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Yes all the time,can not sleep on my right at all.

HappyLea
April 15th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I have always slept on tummy obviously further on in pregnancy i cant and i end up tilted on side. I cant sleep on my back but i find i waking up on my back in this pregnancy :think:

Mochagirl
April 15th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I keep waking up on my back too. It worries me because I know it's not good for the baby.

HappyLea
April 15th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I keep waking up on my back too. It worries me because I know it's not good for the baby.

Really? How come? I never heard that x

Mochagirl
April 15th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Really? How come? I never heard that x

Read the links on the first post in this thread. Something to do with compressing blood vessels or something like that.

zanacal
April 15th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I almost always sleep on my left but with this pregnancy I prefer sleeping on my right - odd! I often wake on my back (sometimes with some cramping on my back) and have also woken on my tummy this pregnancy! I don't worry about it, sure my body knows what its doing :D

HappyLea
April 15th, 2012, 04:06 PM
There you go, i wasn't aware of that. Will deffo turn if i find myself on my back.

Butterfly Spirit
April 15th, 2012, 04:09 PM
I've always preferred sleeping on my right side my whole life. If you want to and find that you can't, get a BIG body pillow! :)

Mochagirl
April 15th, 2012, 04:34 PM
I think a big part of the fact that I sleep on my left side is that my side of the bed is on the right. I'm not a nighttime cuddler - I get claustrophobic if I'm too close to dh while I'm sleeping, so I tend to face the outside of the bed so I have more space. I'm sure if I was on the other side I'd be sleeping on my right side instead. I do miss sleeping on my back, though - that's the way I normally sleep when not pregnant - that or on my stomach!

zanacal
April 15th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I actually sleep in the recovery position almost so I'm somewhere between my side and my tummy - it's pretty comfortable!

Mochagirl
April 15th, 2012, 05:13 PM
I actually sleep in the recovery position almost so I'm somewhere between my side and my tummy - it's pretty comfortable!

That's sort of what I do too - with my upper leg hiked up high. Pretty soon I'll have to dig out my body pillow, though, because that position starts hurting my hips later in pregnancy.

Hobbermittens
April 15th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I am mostly a back sleeper, but if I do sleep on my side, I usually sleep on my left-- and made sure I did while TTC because of this OWT. However, since being pg, I have found myself sleeping on my right some of the time! :worry:

My Dr told me it was okay to stay on my back until about 16 weeks, but after that, I needed to really try to sleep on my side. I find that if I stick a pillow between my legs, it helps me stay on my side a lot longer. I hate waking up on my back because I know I shouldn't be laying like that!

Butterfly Spirit
April 15th, 2012, 08:39 PM
I am mostly a back sleeper, but if I do sleep on my side, I usually sleep on my left-- and made sure I did while TTC because of this OWT. However, since being pg, I have found myself sleeping on my right some of the time! :worry:

My Dr told me it was okay to stay on my back until about 16 weeks, but after that, I needed to really try to sleep on my side. I find that if I stick a pillow between my legs, it helps me stay on my side a lot longer. I hate waking up on my back because I know I shouldn't be laying like that!

I've slept with a pillow in between my legs since I was little! LOVE IT! :D

Myloves
April 16th, 2012, 02:42 AM
I've slept with a pillow in between my legs since I was little! LOVE IT! :D

I love sleeping with a pillow in between my legs too but only when I'm pregnant :o.
I sleep on my left side most of the time - my right side gets uncomfortable quickly.

love-my-kids
April 16th, 2012, 11:32 AM
I sleep on my right, left, and back so triplets lol???

rainbowflower
April 16th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I find my right more comfortable, but force myself to sleep on the left with a body pillow!

I do think sleeping on the left has other benefits too, such as getting baby into the LOA position which makes for the easiest and fastest birth and a lot of places ignore that one!

purplepoet20
April 16th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I used to sleep on my stomach only... back when I was a skinny stick!

After getting prego;

DS1 I slept on my left unless I was cuddling DH. From 4-9mths I could only sleep on my left because he would kick all night if I slept any other way.

DS2 I slept on both sides because I had really bad headaches and had to move around. Also he had a low placenta so I had a lot of cramping. I used to wake up a lot because I would find myself on my stomach even with a mountain of pillows around me.

Thing 3 I sleep half and half because I am having issues.... long story short Lightning my head 8 years ago, headaches and ear pain, all worse with pregos.