PDA

View Full Version : Need your advice! Partener away during TTC week

Kiesse
April 15th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Right so I am checking my dates etc, I am due to Ovulate on the 12th which is a Saturday, he is going away either the wed night or the Thursday morning and will be back on the Friday night r sat morning.
Want your opinions here, should I just leave it the way is and just go with that (he refuses to release himself!) and work with the days I have and have a 3 day cut off? Which means I will probably need to leave the lime tampon out?
OR should I get him to come back the same day when he picks his son up? (his son is 3 hours away) so I would still be able to release him that morning before he leaves, then I can still release him that night,
Problem is, he has from the weds arvo to the Sunday evening with his son, he wants to go stay with him mum for a night, so we live 3 hours away from his son then my partners mother lives 2 hours in the opposite direction! So he could pick his son up and come back and then go to his mums on the Friday about 6pm? And then he gets fri nite and sat with his mum and goes for the 5 hours drive back to drop his son off?
Sorry this may Sound confusing! Wecant get his boy any earlier than Wednesday and cant drop him off later than sun as his ex and son are going away Monday morning. Have to have his son as its his birthday! Any advice appreciated

rainbowflower
April 17th, 2012, 02:49 AM
hmm tricky! I know some people "store" a sample of their DH's swimmers and then use that for insemination at a later date, not sure how they store it, though

I think at worst you have a 3-day cut off and do go a bit gentler on the douche

atomic sagebrush
April 17th, 2012, 01:05 PM
I answered this on your other thread but Rainbow makes a good point that I am not sure I brought up - you have the option of doing a lighter sway with a longer cutoff as well - so possibly skip antihistamines and jelly/douche.