PDA

View Full Version : APRIL CHIT CHAT!!

Pages : [1] 2

DoulaMama
April 17th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I figured it was time to have an April chit chat thread;) And I know that Glitter started March and had her baby a week early....so I'm hoping this works for me....LOL

Well, unless I have a baby in the next 14.5hrs...I'll be reaching my due date...yippee.

Thanks to everyone for the sweet comments on the March thread:) I feel huge and yicky most days...so Flava, you made my day, Hun xo :)
And Z- I had to laugh at your curtain hemming! I did the same things when I started out! You should see some of the first things I made! Yikes!!!

xo Chat later! J

zanacal
April 17th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Hi everyone :D

My cardiology appointment went ok today. I have a soft heart murmur (which according to a quick Google search means harmless!) and the occasional extra heartbeat but apparently both are usual in pregnancy. I was at the hospital all morning and the waiting room was so hot and stuffy I could have nodded off. I can't believe how worn out I feel right now having done nothing except sit down all day!

Has the snow gone where you are now DM?

DoulaMama
April 17th, 2012, 11:50 AM
So glad to hear that everything checked out ok with your heart Z!! I have had an occasional extra beat as well as rapid heart rate once in awhile with this pregnancy. It's scary when it happens:( I know with all the extra blood in our bodies, our hearts can have some issues. Big hugs to you:)

And yes!! Snow is gone!! Yippee!!

Mochagirl
April 17th, 2012, 11:56 AM
DM - I'm still sending you labour vibes!!

Z - glad your heart appt went well.

lobella2
April 17th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Z-Good to hear you appointment went well.

Well I totally thought I would have a baby today. I thought I went into labor at 2am. I woke up with an intense contraction and started having contractions every 10-20 minutes and they were getting stronger. This lasted for 3 hours. I fell asleep for 30minutes and when I woke up the contractions had stopped and I haven't had one since. Now I am just exhausted from lack of sleep. And I have had loose stool like 4 times this morning (sorry TMI). Oh well, maybe tomorrow will be the day.

Mochagirl
April 17th, 2012, 12:25 PM
lobella - I had diarrhea about 12 hours before going into labour with ds3, so hopefully it's not long for you....

purplepoet20
April 17th, 2012, 12:35 PM
All this talk about babies coming is so exciting! I still wish I could have gotten prego right away so I would be due in April... I just have to wait 6 more mths.

Can't wait to see some baby photos!

Flava
April 17th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I find you guys lol.

You know Z at least you can make a curtain I can't even do that! DH had to make it for the girls room. Now that's a shame on me but i really just can't do it!

purple- I wanted a October baby and didn't even sway at that time lol.

Glittergirl
April 17th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Just checking in on everyone--Z so glad your heart murmur is benign.
Dm--any day now huh? your princess wants to be fashionably late :)
Lobella--this time around I had really loose stools too before I went into labor, I also had the bloody show about 24 hours before I went into labor.
Begonia--Yes, we can go through the staying up all night and spit up on us together!
Ok gonna come back on to hear exciting baby news!

purplepoet20
April 17th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Flava - I am excited about an Oct baby and you are only a mth after me!

dannikins
April 17th, 2012, 10:56 PM
good luck DM....sending you heaps of labour vibes....:)

i highly doubt i will make it to june....
i have officially dropped, here is a pic from thismorning 33 weeks.
even done it bare belly so you can see it properly.
back fat and stretchmarks included.....:)

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/dannikins_photos/33weeksdroppedbb.jpg

having heaps of pressure and cramps down below and in my back, and constantly feel like i need to poop.
been going to the loo 2-3 times a day, and im stictly a once a day person usually.
packing my bag today, and than im all ready. just waiting to see when it will decide to arrive.
so far i have had 3 early, and 1 over due., the way im feeling the last few days, im betting on early.

princesssarah34
April 18th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Wow everyone is moving along so fast!!! I check in everyday ladies....just waiting to hear about babies!!
I still have 3 weeks to go.....and I pray I don't go over my due date. All mine were late...Ds#3 was a day late (he was the closes). I have been have tons of BH which I am hoping turns into to something more. Had a Dr. appt yesterday and he upped my pills to 3 times a day for the blood sugar.....but he said if I don't get my numbers down right where he wants them then he will start the insulin! I really wanted to just tell him NO....I mean I will be 38 weeks next week...why do insulin for 2 weeks when you can safely induce and he can come now? I mean think about it...not only would I have just 2 weeks left....he would have to play with the dosage for it to work and be safe for the 2 of us. Personally I feel it would be safer to not play with meds and just induce and have him here. Sorry I am venting a little...he made me mad yesterday! After the births that I have had and the loss of one baby....I don't like the idea of playing with meds if it is not needed.
Anyway I am stalking this thread for all the new baby updates!

Mochagirl
April 18th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Great belly shot, dannikins - you really have dropped!

Sorry your doctor's being so annoying, princess. Hopefully you can make him see reason if your numbers don't go down with the pills.

Flava
April 18th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Flava - I am excited about an Oct baby and you are only a mth after me!

We have BD is Aug. Sept. Nov. Dec. so Oct. is there in the middle empty that's why I wanted , but never gonna happen now.

Flava
April 18th, 2012, 09:16 AM
dannikins- I like your pic! and you know I have the same back fat from the HE diet and Im only 9 weeks! (I really do no joke :( makes me very sad)

Flava
April 18th, 2012, 09:19 AM
princess -you are right i would just say NO to the doc for sure. You can tell him you don't want any insulin you are full term and you want the baby to come.
You know you have the right to say no. Just because the doc suggest something you don't have to accept it.

zanacal
April 18th, 2012, 11:27 AM
{hugs} princesssarah - I don't know anything about it at all but what you're saying makes sense.

Wow dannikins, it really has dropped! My DH squeezed my back fat just yesterday - he got a mouthful about me putting fat down to be able to feed the baby (and nothing at all about the masses of food I've been eating!).

Sounds helpful lobella -I hope it's started up again for you!

{hugs} DM. I just read of FB that you're poorly :-(

I had cramps in my back and tummy during the night too, not the best night's sleep ever! I think I'm just getting to that big fat uncomfortable stage where every baby movement hurts because there's not a lot of room left!

purplepoet20
April 18th, 2012, 11:28 AM
We have BD is Aug. Sept. Nov. Dec. so Oct. is there in the middle empty that's why I wanted , but never gonna happen now.

What if the baby was 3wks early!

lobella2
April 18th, 2012, 11:49 AM
39 weeks today and still pregnant. I thought last babies were supposed to come earlier than the others. If this baby doesn't come today she will be my latest baby. I have not even been getting any contractions since yesterday:( I do think I lost my mucous plug today, but I know that doesn't mean much as far as when I will go into labor. I just wish I felt better. I have had an upset stomach for 2 days now and every time I eat I feel sick. My tummy has been really gurgly too since yesterday. And every morning I wake up my whole body is achy. I am SO done! Ok I am done complaining:)

I am thinking about you DM. I hope you have your baby soon.

purplepoet20
April 18th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Wow everyone is moving along so fast!!! I check in everyday ladies....just waiting to hear about babies!!
I still have 3 weeks to go.....and I pray I don't go over my due date. All mine were late...Ds#3 was a day late (he was the closes). I have been have tons of BH which I am hoping turns into to something more. Had a Dr. appt yesterday and he upped my pills to 3 times a day for the blood sugar.....but he said if I don't get my numbers down right where he wants them then he will start the insulin! I really wanted to just tell him NO....I mean I will be 38 weeks next week...why do insulin for 2 weeks when you can safely induce and he can come now? I mean think about it...not only would I have just 2 weeks left....he would have to play with the dosage for it to work and be safe for the 2 of us. Personally I feel it would be safer to not play with meds and just induce and have him here. Sorry I am venting a little...he made me mad yesterday! After the births that I have had and the loss of one baby....I don't like the idea of playing with meds if it is not needed.
Anyway I am stalking this thread for all the new baby updates!

Did your Dr give you diet options for blood sugar control? Is it only related to preg or did you have diabetes before? My Dr always said if I tested pos for diabetes he would give me a special diet plan to control it without meds. My Dr is not a naturalist or anything but he doesn't believe in medication during preg. If you can induce that would be much better.

All your kids came late... darn my DS1 was 3 days late but we induced and DS2 came on his own 4 days late. I was hoping having a #3 would mean it would come early.

DoulaMama
April 18th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the labour vibes everyone:) Can you stop them for a few days??? ;) I came down with a stomach bug last night at dinner, my heart rate shot up and I'm dizzy and nauseous(puked like crazy this am). I feel like crap right now and could really do with a few extra days to get over this. I'm heading into the Dr's to get a quick checkup and ease my mind. My BP was totally normal yesterday and I have no headaches or swelling so I'm pretty sure it's just a bug but I want to be sure.
Why oh why is this happening now???!!! I'm so angry at the Universe right now. My anxiety is over the top and I've been crying all bloody morning. I just want it all to be ok in the end but my brain makes it hard to just shut off the negative thinking and just relax about it all. Sigh.

Lobella- I hope it happens soon, Hun. I totally feel your pain. xo

Mochagirl
April 18th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I'm sooooo sorry you're feeling so crappy, DM. I'll definitely stop sending the labour vibes if you want me to, though I've gotta say I know lots of women who throw up a lot right before they go into labour and in the early stages. That happened to my SIL with her 2nd....

I hope you feel better really, really soon :HH:

zanacal
April 18th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Let us know how you get on at the doctor DM x

{hugs} to you too lobella - I'll have exactly the same complaints in a few weeks time!

lobella2
April 18th, 2012, 04:06 PM
DM I am so sorry to hear about how you are feeling. It is so much harder to be sick while pregnant. I have also had a friend that would throw up during labor. I hope you feel better soon! Keep us posted.

Glittergirl
April 18th, 2012, 04:37 PM
So sorry DM--hopefully it's not a bug and signs of early labor. I started throwing up a week before too (not saying you are gonna go a whole week) but it turned out that my stomach was so constricted I couldn't hold a lot of food and greasy food was the worst. even though I was hungry, I had to eat tiny amounts or I would throw up. Ugh the last weeks of pregnancy are horrible--the last days are even worse! I hope you get better really soon!!!

Indira
April 18th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Stalking and cheering you ladies about to give birth :)
Lobella I think youŽre almost there! With Ds2 I had contractions for 4-5 hours then it stopped. Next morning I lost the mucus plug, that evening again contractions for 4 hours then it stopped again. They day after again contractions starting in the evening and then he was born the next morning!
Doulamama, I really hope youŽll be feeling better soon and that she will arrive quickly!
Zanacal, youŽre so near too!!

princesssarah34
April 18th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Did your Dr give you diet options for blood sugar control? Is it only related to preg or did you have diabetes before? My Dr always said if I tested pos for diabetes he would give me a special diet plan to control it without meds. My Dr is not a naturalist or anything but he doesn't believe in medication during preg. If you can induce that would be much better.

PP I met with a nutritionist that gave me the diet to follow...but it wasn't working for me so then they decided on the pills to help. I have never had Diabetes before or during any of my other preg. this is the first.

So far yesterday and today my numbers are right in range...and that is with Dr upping my pill to 3 times a day....so I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are working and he will stop talking insulin. I also had to cut back on the starches again they really are bring my numbers over way to much...but that means I am spill those ketones again..ugh...I can't win. I am really gonna have the talk about inducing and make it mean something or at least make my self louder about it!

lobella....I always lost my mucus plug just days before I went into labor. But thay may just be how my body does it!

purplepoet20
April 18th, 2012, 04:57 PM
PP I met with a nutritionist that gave me the diet to follow...but it wasn't working for me so then they decided on the pills to help. I have never had Diabetes before or during any of my other preg. this is the first.

So far yesterday and today my numbers are right in range...and that is with Dr upping my pill to 3 times a day....so I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are working and he will stop talking insulin. I also had to cut back on the starches again they really are bring my numbers over way to much...but that means I am spill those ketones again..ugh...I can't win. I am really gonna have the talk about inducing and make it mean something or at least make my self louder about it!

lobella....I always lost my mucus plug just days before I went into labor. But thay may just be how my body does it!

I hope the pills continue to help!

DoulaMama
April 18th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Thank you all so much for the healthy thoughts :HH: I love the support here:)

I'm feeling a bit better now. My pulse is back down to 80bpm and my bp was perfect. The Dr figures that because it's not a constant puking or gut ache type sickness, that it's probably something I ate that didnt agree with me. I think he's right. I've eaten lunch and feel heaps better already. One more day of recovery and I should be good to go:)
The other thing that's been on my mind is the change of who will be here for the birth~My mom is really sick so she won't be able to watch the kids and my best friend had to fly back home today:( Long story behind that one but in short- her 1yo is very ill, her hubby can't find anyone to watch their farm so he can come out this way, and her inlaws(who could watch her 1yo) are in Toronto on a last minute trip. So there's no way she could be here for it. So that leaves my photog and my family(the 5 of us) and that's it. I feel ok with it but it's a bit of an adjustment. My neighbor who was here for my last UC has offered to come help out so I may be phoning her:) I'm so upset that my mom will miss the birth:(

Anyway, it can't be too much longer for us, Lobella! I can't wait to update you all with labour news!!! xoxo

Princess- It's your body and baby~ do what you feel is right for you, Mama. Hugs~ xo

begonia
April 18th, 2012, 07:45 PM
DM and Lobella are making this like a race to the finish :)

DM I'm glad you're feeling better but sorry the peeps you want to be there for the birth can't make it. It's still going to be perfect you know, because the most important person will still show up when that sweet little girl is born :bigsmile: YAY for babies!!

I took dinner tonight to a friend who just had a baby boy 2 weeks ago. She already has a DD so now she's got her PP. I love her anyway :rofl: But if I had 2 infant seats in my car I might've just strapped her little boy in and brought him home with us :) Then I'd have boy girl twins (well almost!) LOL!

Mochagirl
April 18th, 2012, 08:06 PM
DM - I'm sorry your birth plans are getting shaken up - especially that your Mom won't be there. Everything will work out, though, and in a day or two we'll be hearing about your beautiful, peaceful birth and you'll be holding your little girl in your arms. I wish I could be there to help you out in some way! :HH:

Glittergirl
April 18th, 2012, 09:27 PM
So sorry DM but everything will go the way it was meant to be.

Sending positive vibes to all of you!

zanacal
April 19th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Sorry your plans are having to change DM. I bet it'll be just perfect anyway and you'll be glad it worked out the way it did. I couldn't sleep in the early hours so I picked up my phone just to check you hadn't made a FB birth announcement! You had just posted your bump photo though :D

Thinking of you too today Lobella!

Another online friend had her baby yesterday at 36+6 and he was 8lb 12oz! I'm a little freaked out that she's two weeks ahead of me and already had her baby but this is her 5th and I think they've all come a few weeks early.

Flava
April 19th, 2012, 08:13 AM
What if the baby was 3wks early!

lol i dont know last baby was 2 weeks late

Flava
April 19th, 2012, 08:19 AM
DM- im sorry you are not feeling good .Hopefully it will get better really fast!

I was just thinking I would have been due in May ...Im sorry for the m/c but Im so not ready for a new baby yet!

lobella2
April 19th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Well I had my baby at 1:04am. Her name is Lily Anne. She is little. 6 lbs 15 oz and 19 inches. She is so sweet. Everything went well. Total labor was only 6 hours.

Mochagirl
April 19th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Wow - congrats, lobella! I can't wait to see pictures!

DoulaMama
April 19th, 2012, 11:02 AM
OMGOSH!!!! Congratulations Lobella!!!! She IS little :HH: I can't wait to see a pic!!
Enjoy your babymoon, Mama xoxo

LolaInLove
April 19th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Congrats, Lobella!!!! I love the name! DM, lots of healing vibes your way, so sorry you got that bug. FX for an awesome birth soon, and a stress-free one at that! xoxo

DoulaMama
April 19th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Thank you to everyone for the support. You're all right...it will turn out the way it was meant to be :HH: I'm just hoping it's soon!!! LOL! I don't like being late but I've done it twice before so it's not TOO bad, it's just that I've comes to terms with this being my last and now that I feel ready..she's not coming!!!
Z- I saw on my page that you had commented on the friends status- Made me so jealous!!! 37weeks!!! And she had him on my due date:( Bah! Not to mention I had 2 other FB friends have their babies yesterday and they're not due until next week...it's making me a bit CRAZY!!!
on a positive not...I'm feeling like my regular self again:) No more puking for me...TG! Come on Baby!! The 21st would be a great day!!!

begonia
April 19th, 2012, 11:24 AM
So hard to type while nursing so I end up just "liking" everyone's posts :) But CONGRATS lobella!!!!

And FX today is the day DM!

tweedledeedum
April 19th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Congrats, L! You'll have to keep us updated when you can.

DM - hope you are feeling better soon and have a wonderful birth very soon!

I've been checking in but not posting much. My blood pressure has settled down so I'm hoping they forget about induction and let me go naturally. Can't wait to see some more babies born! Time has flown by, I'm at 35.5 weeks now.

zanacal
April 19th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Yay Lobella, congratulations! My DS1 was 6lb 4oz - love diddy babies :D Enjoy your babymoon, can't wait to hear how you're getting on.

Ugh DM, it should be your turn right?! I'll go back to thinking labour thoughts for you now you're feeling well again. I'm glad the sickness has gone.

Hi Tweedle! What's your due date? We must be literally days away from each other! So glad to hear your blood pressure has settled down.

Indira
April 19th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Congratulations Lobellla!!! I love her name :heart:

Flava
April 19th, 2012, 12:47 PM
lobella -what a cute little baby! I secretly wish for a smaller baby like yours!

http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/799/799626u4uk3ncrpa.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

princesssarah34
April 19th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Congrats Lobella!! Can't wait to see a picture!

DM- Hang in there sweetie....not much longer!!!

So I am waiting in line I guess......hopefully not much longer for us!

auroara78
April 19th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Huge congrats Lobella!! Can't wait to see a picture if you want to post one, when u get to it!

Myloves
April 19th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Congrats on your baby Lobella!

lobella2
April 19th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks everyone. I am loving my little girl. We get to go home tomorrow and I can't wait to sleep in my bed. Lily and I are both doing well. She is nursing well already. I will try to post pics in the next few days.

DM I keep checking in to see if you have had your baby. I hope you are feeling better and that you will be holding your little girl very soon!

Glittergirl
April 20th, 2012, 12:38 AM
:princess: Congratulations Lobella!!! My little girl was tiny too--6;7. I had such a wonderful delivery and what's great is when they are that little, they are little for longer (she wore newborn clothes up until last week--at 5 weeks)! Glad you're enjoying her!!!

tweedledeedum
April 20th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Hi Tweedle! What's your due date? We must be literally days away from each other! So glad to hear your blood pressure has settled down.

I'm due May 22. I can't believe how soon our babies could be here!

Labor vibes to DM!

Anyone have any cute newborn pictures to share? I can't wait to see all of these babies!

DoulaMama
April 20th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Daily check in! LOL! STILL HERE....

Thanks for the positive labour thoughts, everyone!! I'll take all the vibes I can!! I dug up the thread on gender guesses a few days ago and had a laugh over my guess(last August). I guessed girl, born on the 21st in the early am....so maybe tomorrow will be the day??? Gawd, I hope so.....I'm feeling a bit bigger with this pregnancy and measuring a little larger as well so the guess about baby being 7lb14oz doesn't feel right....LOL

I would LOVE to have a small little baby...my first was 7.7oz and my last 2 were 8.7oz, so chances are I won't get a little rosebud of a daughter....instead I'll get a chunk;) As long as she fits into a few newborn outfits that first week...it's all good!!

I've been getting TONS of calls...from people who would normally call me once a year, like cousins, aunts, etc...it's getting ANNOYING! I've stopped answering the phone but then they harass my hubby by txt. I just want to tell them all to F-O. We've told them they will get an email when it happens(too many people to call so we're calling our close family and friends)but that we will be sleeping after the birth and we will not be rushing to get the info to them. They don't like this....I don't really give a rats ass if they do or not. Do I sound a bit harsh?? lol

I think today is cleaning day AGAIN....and I'm going to get a few more birth supplies out and ready. I'm feeling great today so I'm really hoping this means that baby is coming soon!

Tweedle~ I can't believe you are nearly there! Princess, yourself, Z and Dannikans are all right after one another! YAY Babies!!!!! So exciting!!!!

B- It's so nice to have you on here posting :HH: I miss your posts and love reading about you and your new girly :awe:

So...is anyone else on FB? It's nice to keep in touch and I don't know how often I'll be on here in the next few months. Send me a pm if you're up for being a "friend"! ;)

zanacal
April 20th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I'm due May 22. I can't believe how soon our babies could be here!

Labor vibes to DM!

Anyone have any cute newborn pictures to share? I can't wait to see all of these babies!

We're a day apart then :D

I'm glad you're feeling great DM, sounds like it's a good time for that little bubba to arrive! I hope your predicted birth date was right :D I've lost count of the number of people who've asked me how long I have left this week - on the one hand it's lovely that they're interested but on the other I feel like I should put a little sign on my tummy so I don't have to keep saying it!

zanacal
April 20th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Also PM me if you want to stay in touch on FB!

Mochagirl
April 20th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Also PM me if you want to stay in touch on FB!

Me too! I'm worried all you ladies are going to disperse once you have your wee ones and I'd love to keep in touch!

DoulaMama
April 20th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Pregnant in 2012 roll call! If you want on the list...just reply to the thread! Thanks!!
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/pregnancy-talk/7560-due-2012-a.html

lobella2
April 20th, 2012, 07:43 PM
I am on facebook also.

dannikins
April 20th, 2012, 09:44 PM
huge congrats lobella!
looking forward to seeing some pics...:)

Glittergirl
April 21st, 2012, 12:44 PM
I had so much trouble logging on these past two days but they reset my password and I'm on! I don't want to lose track of everyone either. I've somehow managed to come on with a new baby but I'm afraid things will only get more hectic once the kids are out of school--they only have a few weeks left. So PM me too if you wanna stay in touch via FB. I'm on that more often cause I can keep in touch with family and friends as well! I will post a recent pic of Eva soon too. She's growing so fast and smiles a lot more now too:) I love her precious smiles. sending lots of labor vibes!

princesssarah34
April 21st, 2012, 03:42 PM
Still stalking!:wink:

Not much to report here......yesterday we finally got a spot cleared out for the baby to sleep! :bigsmile: And today I am feeling it! This afternoon we have a going away party for some friends to attend.....and the weather has been warm and sunny...I LOVE IT!! :HH:
I think I have been losing little bits of my mucus plug (sorry TMI) and having lots more BH contractions. So hopefully things are getting readier!! :pray:

Mochagirl
April 21st, 2012, 03:47 PM
DM - you out there? Any baby yet??? Sending you tons of labour vibes....:HH:

zanacal
April 21st, 2012, 04:24 PM
DM - you out there? Any baby yet??? Sending you tons of labour vibes....:HH:

She's very quiet today, I just posted something to that effect on her FB wall! FX!!

FX for you too princesssarah - little bits of mucus plug is a good sign :D

Mochagirl
April 21st, 2012, 04:44 PM
Yeah - I noticed she hasn't posted on FB yet today, and lately she's been giving a 'no baby yet' update every day. I think her prediction has come true and her baby is coming today!!! :luck:

DoulaMama
April 21st, 2012, 06:43 PM
No Baby! Just a late check-in! We went for a 2hr long walk, I've been doing a few acupressure points, some nipple stim...nothing is happening. Which I'm ok with right now:) This weekend has been amazing so far and I'm trying not to focus too much on labour happening. Thank you so much for the vibes though!! I appreciate it! Mwa! xoxo

Flava
April 22nd, 2012, 08:26 AM
Just checking on DM! What no baby? It's the 22 already! LOL This is a great day for a baby my DD is born on the 22 too! hehe
Anyway all this try to bring up labour never helped me. So both times when my babys came on their own I did not do a thing!
I was laying on the sofa watching a movie stand up to go pee and went back to lay down and my water broke.
Maybe try and be lazy like I was?:rofl:

DoulaMama
April 22nd, 2012, 09:47 AM
That's my next step, Flava! Pure and utter laziness! No cleaning the house, let the dishes build up...the baby will come for sure if my house looks like a pig-pen!! LOL

lobella2
April 22nd, 2012, 12:21 PM
I have been trying to post pictures but when I upload them and preview they are huge and take up more than the screen. Any suggestions?

DM that was my next step too. I was going to let the house become a mess and then I thought the baby would come. How are you feeling?

DoulaMama
April 22nd, 2012, 01:45 PM
Kinda crampy, L. Thinking that MAYBE something is happening but then again I've been dtd like a mad woman lately...lol
Who knows...I'm not holding my breath;) I hope you can get the pics figured out! I'm dying to see your little Bubba!! :)

Mochagirl
April 22nd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Oooohhh - how exciting, DM. Get some rest - you may be up late tonight! :HH:

Mochagirl
April 22nd, 2012, 02:10 PM
lobella - I've heard some people say they email the pictures to themselves first and select 'small' as the size - this automatically resizes them. There are other ways to resize them, of course, but that might be the easiest.

lobella2
April 22nd, 2012, 03:42 PM
Here she is sound asleep in her chair. She has been a pretty easy baby so far. She eats well and sleeps well. Let's hope she keeps it up.

Mochagirl
April 22nd, 2012, 03:44 PM
She's gorgeous, lobella!!

auroara78
April 22nd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Ahh she's so precious Lobella!!! We're probably going to name our daughter (still can't belive I'm writing that!) Lillian Elizabeth. Elizabeth was my middle name and a family name (my grandma was Elizabeth in her 1st name.)

Mochagirl
April 22nd, 2012, 04:25 PM
Ahh she's so precious Lobella!!! We're probably going to name our daughter (still can't belive I'm writing that!) Lillian Elizabeth. Elizabeth was my middle name and a family name (my grandma was Elizabeth in her 1st name.)

Yes, and my little girl will probably be Sadie Lillian - Sadie is dh's grandma and Lillian is my Mom's middle name. Lots of Lilies around this year ;).

auroara78
April 22nd, 2012, 04:27 PM
that's the only thing I worry about, I hear about a lot of Lillies online and see the name alot this year. But we really like it and still got some time before she comes.

zanacal
April 22nd, 2012, 04:30 PM
Mocha - I love Sadie and it was on my list. My sister had a life sized doll when we were little and her name was Sadie and I told her she should use it but alas she's not :D

Lobella - she really is gorgeous, congratulations again!

DM - kinda crampy is good :D Every now and again my bubba gets really low and it makes me feel crampy which in turn reminds me of how labour feels. Mother Nature has done a very good job of letting me forget that up until now!

I finish work at the end of this week - yay!!

DoulaMama
April 22nd, 2012, 04:31 PM
Omgosh!!! She's absolutely gorgeous!!! Squeeee!! I'm just so excited that I get my little pink bundle (hopefully) soon! Enjoy your babymoon!! xo

And there are a lot of Lily's here!!! Crazy!! Add me to the count for a middle name!

Mochagirl
April 22nd, 2012, 04:37 PM
auroara - I wouldn't worry about it. It's a classic name - it will never sound outdated, which is more than you can say for a lot of the trendy names out there.

I'm just soooo happy that I'm finally having a girl so I can finally use the names dh and I picked out when we first talked about having kids! His grandmother has since passed away, which makes using her name even more meaningful. I'm also THRILLED that I can surprise my mom (and best friend) by also naming the baby after her! We never tell any family or friends (other than you guys ;)) the name until the baby's born.

I'm still a week and a half away from my 20 week scan where I'll hopefully hear girl again and can stop being convinced my baby will grow a penis. I will admit I'm finding it reeaaaallly hard to resist running off for a private scan at the local place this week to have that reassurance a little earlier!

DM - I bet you'll be holding your wee pink bundle by tomorrow. I can't wait to hear about your dh's reaction when he sees it's a girl!

dannikins
April 22nd, 2012, 06:40 PM
lobella, she is toooooo cute.!

DM good luck!, heres hoping the cramping is the begining of something happening.

we havent discussed names yet, we will wait untill its born and see the gender before we figure it out.

i have no idea how we will choose another boys name, we have used all the ones i like already.
as far as girls names go, i like Sasha.

im really worried im setting myself up for dissapointment.
the last few weeks im thinking its a girl, as in, im totally convinced , and there is no way it could be a boy, im hoping its intuition, and not just desire taking over.
trying really hard to prepare myself for it being a boy, but i just cant get the idea of it being a girl out of my head, its driving me insane, i just want time to go faster so i can find out what it is....lol

lobella2
April 22nd, 2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks everyone! We are so in awe of her, especially my son. I would have thought my daughter would be the one to love on her the most. She has been looking forward to her birth so much. But my son has been singing to her and being really sweet with her. My daughter might be slightly jealous.

I worried about there being a lot of kids named Lily also. We just really liked it and figured we didn't care. All my kids ended up with common names. I think because I have an unusual name I chose really common ones for my kids:)

Flava
April 23rd, 2012, 08:10 AM
lobella- Lily is so super cute! And I would say don't worry about how popular the name you picked ! Who care , right?
I think we have to get a name what we really love.

DM- stalking....no baby??

Mochagirl
April 23rd, 2012, 08:25 AM
So precious, inglewood!!!

Inglewood
April 23rd, 2012, 08:28 AM
Thanks Mocha! I can't believe ur almost 20wks!!! I though my pg flew by, do u think it is this time? Your scan will be fine, I heard 'GIRLS' at my scans several times, but didn't believe it till they were here.... lol

DM, any news? x

Mochagirl
April 23rd, 2012, 08:54 AM
Thanks Mocha! I can't believe ur almost 20wks!!! I though my pg flew by, do u think it is this time? Your scan will be fine, I heard 'GIRLS' at my scans several times, but didn't believe it till they were here.... lol

DM, any news? x

Well, actually it seems pretty long so far. I think part of the problem is that I first got pregnant last September, and there was so little time in between that pregnancy and this one, that it feels like I should be 8 months along already!

I'm feeling a little better about my scan today. I've been visualizing the potty shot they showed me and comparing it to confirmed girl shots. I just wish I had a real picture to compare! I also keep remembering how sure the tech was.

DM updated on FB - no baby yet!

DoulaMama
April 23rd, 2012, 09:14 AM
Thanks Mocha! Yup....no baby yet:( 40w5d is now my second longest pregnancy...40w10d being my longest :-/

I'm now searching for the little white flag I waved at the end of that pregnancy...lol Maybe she'll get the hint:) I'm feeling ok right now, just increasingly impatient and a bit sore from these cx's. I was so sure I was having a baby last night. I had cx's about 15 mins apart in my lower back and way down low(up front), as well as lots of mucousy stuff and needing to poop ALL THE TIME. I'm pretty bummed that I slept all night. Oh well...maybe today, right? ;)

Ingle- your girls are stunning!!!! Absolutely precious!!! xo

Thank you for thinking of me!! Please send mega labour vibes!!! I really need them! LOL

lobella2
April 23rd, 2012, 11:41 AM
Ingle the twins are beautiful!

DM- still thinking of you. I hope she comes out soon. I had the some of those same symptoms the day before and some the day of giving birth so maybe she will come very soon.

zanacal
April 23rd, 2012, 12:19 PM
They're all really promising signs DM, I'm sure you'll have a big announcement to make very soon! Btw, I keep meaning to ask you - a friend of mine in the US had a baby at home with a midwife and when she went overdue her midwife gave her a 'special cocktail' to bring on labour. What do you think was in it? I've always imagined it had castor oil, semen and some herbs of some sort lol!

Also, something which occured to me today. In the UK we give birth under the care of a team of midwives (you also have a consultant if you have any complications but ladies with straightforward pregnancies will only see midwives). We see them during pregnancy, in the hospital (or at home) when you give birth and then they come to see you at home every day for a week or so after you've had the baby. I know it's different in the US and I was wondering how mother and baby are checked on after the birth when we're getting a daily visit from a midwife? I don't really need to know, I was just curious!

Irishmom
April 23rd, 2012, 12:27 PM
Awe congrats again they are so beautiful. Enjoy every second.;)

DoulaMama
April 23rd, 2012, 12:33 PM
Just lost a big chunk of mucus plug!! LOL! Totally TMI but I can't share that on FB, so I thought I'd gross you guys out instead!! LOL!

Z-the cocktails are different depending on the mw. I know of some that do rootbeer float with castor oil(makes me dry heave just thinking about it!) and others do a verbena/oj/castor oil cocktail. I would do this if I started to get pre-e signs or if I felt that baby was safer on the outside. Otherwise, pooping like crazy during birth doesn't appeal to me;)

And in regards to after care- Hospital(OB) births- You stay one or two days(more if c/s) and then you have to drive to the health unit every other day for the first 6 days to get check ups. After that time you see your family Dr for visits. They used to do in home visits for everyone but that stopped last year, in Alberta. Midwives-(any kind of birth)home visits on day 1-2 and then 2 more times(in home)that first week. 2wk and 6wk appt is done in their office. Midwifery care is WAY better IMO:)

DoulaMama
April 23rd, 2012, 12:37 PM
Mmmmm...castor oil, semen, and oj... :rofl: Can you imagine??!! "Ok honey, dump that Dixie cup full of sperm into that cup right there!" YUM!!!!

Mochagirl
April 23rd, 2012, 12:38 PM
Z - I don't know how it works in the U.S, but I'll tell you how it works in Canada. We can chose to use doctor or a midwife - I think maybe all or at least most provinces now have midwives covered by medicare, so it's just a personal choice based on what sort of birth you want. If you have a high risk pregnancy, most midwives will transfer care to a doctor or at least share the care with one. I started off my twin pregnancy with a midwife but ended up with a twin specialist OB.

You see you OB or midwife throughout the pregnancy, and obviously at the birth, but if you have a doctor, once the baby is born and you are deemed healthy enough to leave the hospital, their care is done other than a 6 week post partum check-up. You bring your baby to a family doctor or pediatrician for regular visits. I think the home visits are one of the best perks of having a midwife. Who wants to pack up a newborn baby, especially in the winter, and go to a doctor for check-ups?

With a midwife, however, she will come to your house to visit for the first week or so after the birth, then you go for regular visits to her office until the baby is 6 weeks old, after which time care is transfered to your family doctor or pediatrician.

Mochagirl
April 23rd, 2012, 12:41 PM
DM - I think you and I were posting about midwives at the same time ;).

Mochagirl
April 23rd, 2012, 12:47 PM
Sooo...did any of you who are FB friends with me catch the little slip-up this morning? One friend, who I know from IG, made a comment about me being pregnant with a girl on my status today!! I haven't even announced I'm pregnant yet, much less told people it's a girl. Luckily I was online at the time and deleted her comment within a minute or so of her making it (I messaged her to explain why). Now I'm wondering if anyone saw it before I deleted it...

zanacal
April 23rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks both, that's interesting. There's absolutely no way I'd want to take baby (and older siblings!) for checkups every couple of days post birth, that would mean getting out of PJs!

Yay to mucus plug loss! I've never, ever lost my mucus plug - has it happened with you before DM? That's so funny about the cocktails - I always imagine there was semen!! I think it's just the way it was always described as a 'special' cocktail (and clearly my imagination is smutty!). I don't fancy sh!tting my way through labour either :D

Glittergirl
April 23rd, 2012, 12:49 PM
Mucous plug is a good sign! Yay! Eva was born about 24 hours after i lost mine! I'm so excited for you!

zanacal
April 23rd, 2012, 12:49 PM
Oh no Mocha! I didn't see it personally. I 'almost' slipped up the other week when you were talking about moving your youngest to a big boy bed - I typed something about getting it over with before the baby arrived but luckily remembered you hadn't let on and deleted before I posted it!

zanacal
April 23rd, 2012, 12:50 PM
Mmmmm...castor oil, semen, and oj... :rofl: Can you imagine??!! "Ok honey, dump that Dixie cup full of sperm into that cup right there!" YUM!!!!

That's more appealing than the 'traditional' method imo :D

Glittergirl
April 23rd, 2012, 12:52 PM
Lobella--What a beautiful precious baby! Mine Is Eva Lili--and I don't care how popular the name is now. I loved it before it was popular but of course it took ten years to have a girl :) Congratualtions! I love her name!

Mochagirl
April 23rd, 2012, 12:53 PM
Oh no Mocha! I didn't see it personally. I 'almost' slipped up the other week when you were talking about moving your youngest to a big boy bed - I typed something about getting it over with before the baby arrived but luckily remembered you hadn't let on and deleted before I posted it!

Yeah, I know it's a little silly. I'm 19 weeks and I haven't announced my pregnancy yet! Obviously I've told friends I see in person since my belly's impossible to hide, but I was just avoiding the big announcement until I can announce the gender with confidence at the same time. I'm waiting until my 20 week scan on May 2nd and will make an announcement then...although I'm getting so impatient every once in a while I think about making an earlier announcement...at least to tell people I'm pregnant!

Glittergirl
April 23rd, 2012, 12:53 PM
Inglewood-your twins are absolutely gorgeous and look so peaceful. Congratulations!!!

Glittergirl
April 23rd, 2012, 12:55 PM
Just wanna apologize for typos and weird punctuatin in advance--half the time I'm nursing while on keyboard--sorry for the one=handed typing! Glad to be fb-ing most of you!

Ribbons
April 23rd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Hi Z - I have had both hospital and home births in the US - with DS1, we were in the hospital for about 48 hours after birth and had to go see my OB at her office every 2 days after we were released, for about 1 week. At least it was in the summer and I didn't have to worry about other siblings to cart around! With DS2, I had a home birth and my midwife came to my house to check on us every day for 3 days after. I also had a postpartum doula checking in / helping out periodically for a week after birth. I preferred that MUCH better :)

Also, my midwife gave me something called "Birth Ease" to help me along :) It seemed to work!

DoulaMama
April 23rd, 2012, 01:01 PM
OMG!! thank goodness you were online!! I would have freaked out!!
I didn't see anything...let's hope no one did:-/

This is why I won't add anyone new on FB until after this baby is born...just scared of a little slip of the tongue and having my hubby find something out...yikes! As it is, I'm shocked that the secret has stayed a secret! LOL!
Soon you'll be screaming your news from the rooftops, Mocha!!! :bigsmile:

GG- My mom had the same thing happen with my Sis and I. 24 hrs later and we were here:) I've never lost it before(or seen myself lose it)and it was kinda gross...lol
It wasn't so much a plug persay, more like a snotty chunk that was there when I wiped...delish;)

Z- Yeah, there's no way I'm getting out of pj's for the first week! I'll be taking this new one in for the PKU around day 5 or so, and having some newborn pics taken in my home around the same time but that's the extent of me doing anything that first week:)

zanacal
April 23rd, 2012, 01:05 PM
Ooh yes, I booked a photographer for some newborn shots. I'm really excited about this as I've never had them done before. I've asked him to do some photos with the boys too - I may live to regret how hectic that will be :D

DoulaMama
April 23rd, 2012, 01:06 PM
Glitter- can you pm me your name for FB, please? :D Thank you!

DoulaMama
April 23rd, 2012, 01:08 PM
Oh Z, it's soooo worth it!! I've had newborn pics done for 2, 3 and soon #4 and I love having them! They are some of my fave pics:)

DoulaMama
April 23rd, 2012, 01:09 PM
An idea...have the little quilt for a backdrop or for her to curl up on...it really looks sweet:)

Mochagirl
April 23rd, 2012, 01:20 PM
I've never done newborn pictures either, but I think I might this time. I'd like pictures with my boys in them too - it would be a perfect Christmas card shot for this year since my due date's in September.

auroara78
April 23rd, 2012, 02:04 PM
DM, I hope since you lost your mucous plug things will start happening soon! Giving you big, big labor vibes!!!

wow the 'special cocktails' sound very special indeed!!!

Inglewood, LOVE seeing pics of your cutel twins! They are so adorable!!!!

Mocha, thanks for the confidence of the name. I do love the name Lillian / Lily very much, but at the same time I'd like my daughter to have a 'unique' name. That being said, my name is very old-fashioned and not at all common and when i was growing up, I hated that it was so not common!! I wanted something everyone else had, lol. It feels right for us, esp. since our sons are named Quinten and Evan, and Lillian also ends in an "N".

DoulaMama
April 23rd, 2012, 02:07 PM
I came across my Sister Haven reading the other day and had to share it...I'm quite impressed with her abilities(it's such a shame she's not doing readings anymore). I have no idea how she would know this stuff...I'm pretty good with hiding my identity online and FB is under tight control settings.
Some little bits of info about the reading I will write underneath..for the ones that don't know me on FB-

"Greetings J,
*** I see for you that life to bring for you 4 children. I see that there is children in life to you for current time also. I see these to be boys and for you to have very strong desire to have little girl. I see that there may be pregnancy in current time. I see either now or for very soon to you, J. I see that this month next at latest. I see this pregnancy to bring you the girl you have hope for. I see that this will be very pleasant pregnancy to you. I see that you will have talk about how easy compare to last pregnancys. I see that this will be natural birth to you. I do not see hospital enviornment with this or other children to you. I see for healthy daughter and healthy mother for this birth. I see that it may come late to you for labor. I see a child who doesn't want to leave. I see that this will be stubborn little girl for you.

I see that for current time in career for you there is many focus to family for you. I see that husband want for you to have stay at home to family. I see that he work hard to have provide on his own to family. I see that you have many passion for career though. I see that this is also only in beginning phase to you, J. I see that for this year things to be slow to you in career area of life. I see that there will be in fact focus to family for this year. I see that this to be main focus in life to you for this year and next year. I see that it will come 2013 that there will be light to come in career area of your life. I see this to be in form of new direction of old ideas. I see that what you have in current time relating to a career, will have different direction. Same work, different direction with it. I see this to bring for you involve with a group of people. I see that there will not be an employer to you but on your own. I see this have much to do with nature. I see that this may come in form of teaching children as well.

So, I do have homebirths...:) Plus I'm a SAHM who teaches my children-homeschools. Plus I will be working with a group of people(women) and will be my own boss- Midwife. When she says same work-different direction...I'm a doula now so I will be continuing my work with pregnant women but I'll be a midwife instead:) Nature is pretty spot on when talking about pregnancy, I figure;) LOL

I was really impressed by the first part...especially the late to labour reference...ha!

auroara78
April 23rd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Wow that was eerie, but she must have really had insight to really get who you are DM!! Thanks for sharing....

Mochagirl
April 23rd, 2012, 02:30 PM
Wow - how creepily accurate!

zanacal
April 23rd, 2012, 03:33 PM
DM - I had the exact same idea about the quilt!

There's nothing on telly tonight so DH has agreed to watch Dirty Dancing with me - he's currently swigging wine from the bottle and most likely hoping his luck will be in after this! I have to do the online food shop so I'm not at all sure about that!!

DoulaMama
April 23rd, 2012, 03:50 PM
LOL!!! Z- Have fun;) hmmmm....online food shop or dtd while nearly 36w pregnant.....I know what I'd choose! :rofl:

zanacal
April 23rd, 2012, 04:02 PM
I think I'm expected to do both! A woman's work ....

DoulaMama
April 23rd, 2012, 04:21 PM
Yeah...I hear you. I'm really wanting to get this show on the road but 3x in 3 days is all I can handle...he's on his own now. I cannot do it again...lol

Mochagirl
April 23rd, 2012, 04:30 PM
My dh doesn't even get lucky after a night of Downton Abbey and a back massage!

DoulaMama
April 23rd, 2012, 04:45 PM
LOL Mocha!!!

dannikins
April 23rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
They're all really promising signs DM, I'm sure you'll have a big announcement to make very soon! Btw, I keep meaning to ask you - a friend of mine in the US had a baby at home with a midwife and when she went overdue her midwife gave her a 'special cocktail' to bring on labour. What do you think was in it? I've always imagined it had castor oil, semen and some herbs of some sort lol!

Also, something which occured to me today. In the UK we give birth under the care of a team of midwives (you also have a consultant if you have any complications but ladies with straightforward pregnancies will only see midwives). We see them during pregnancy, in the hospital (or at home) when you give birth and then they come to see you at home every day for a week or so after you've had the baby. I know it's different in the US and I was wondering how mother and baby are checked on after the birth when we're getting a daily visit from a midwife? I don't really need to know, I was just curious!
we have the same deal down here, you only see the midwives unless there is a problem, or you are over due, then you see the OB, and usually unless there is a major problem, like needing c-section etc, they hand you back to the midwives anyway.
im personally good with it, i think the midwives make it a bit more persional than the OBs do.

we dont have daily visits, unelss you go home the same day baby is born.
usually you stay in hospital 3-4 days, then they come and see you 2 times at home, once the day after, and again about 3 days after that, then you just go to the child clinic for regular checks.
i like to stay in hospital for at least 3 days, because its the only chance i get to have a break...lol...all my meals bought to me and having to do nothing but take care of the baby.
i think if i went home the same day i would go mad..... but at the same time, i never really get much sleep in the hospital, they are so bloody noisy.

Mochagirl
April 23rd, 2012, 07:06 PM
After my twins were born they made me stay in the hospital for 5 days and I hated every second of it. With ds3 I had a midwife, so I was home 2 hours after birth. Glorious! My mom was here to take care of the big kids so I got to relax in my own bed with my baby.

DoulaMama
April 23rd, 2012, 07:28 PM
I'm the same Mocha. I HATE the hospital. Hate the bed, the food, not having my hubby or kids close, the noise, the constant bugging of the nurses... I love being able to crawl into my own bed and bath after I have a baby:) Although, my hubby does EVERYTHING after the baby is here, usually for 2 solid weeks. I basically lounge, nurse, eat and sit on the deck the entire time. I'm so grateful he's so hands on. I don't have any other family to help as my mom works full-time and my aunt is useless.

princesssarah34
April 23rd, 2012, 11:32 PM
Stalking still!:bigsmile:
DM-I can not believe you are so patient in waiting out this baby....and to be late on top of that!

Well I had my weekly Dr. appt. today and the doc said the word "induction"!! He said because of the Gest. Diab. they like to push a early delivery....safer from what I hear. And so I said "fine by me!" and really inside I was scream YES YES YES! So next Monday he will tell me when to be exact.....but knowing he likes to schedule stuff like that on Thursdays I am thinking it will be next Thursday....but we will know for sure next Monday!! I have so much to get done this week just to be on the safe side....with baby stuff and then finishing up home school paper work to turn in for my oldest.....it is gonna be a crazy week...but hopefully it means it flys by faster! :holysheep:

DoulaMama
April 24th, 2012, 12:49 AM
That sounds like a great plan, Princess!! I'm really excited for you!! At this rate you'll have your baby before I do! LOL!
I've actually hit a point now where I'm totally cool being preggo until the 2nd of May. I figure I shouldn't go a full two weeks overdue, most likely, and by changing my due date in my head, it's really helped my "Zen":)

Mochagirl
April 24th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Great news, princess! It must be exciting to be so close!

Butterfly Spirit
April 24th, 2012, 06:58 AM
That is SO exciting Princess! Your little babe will soon be here!!! :)

auroara78
April 24th, 2012, 08:58 AM
DM --I love that, hehe, great thinking, although I'm so impatient, I would be going crazy if I was overdue....you are so strong!!

princesssarah, yay for having the baby soon!!! I was just going to say as I read your post "you may have the baby before DM has hers" :rofl:

I must the very odd one out, I actually like being in the hospital when I have the baby. I like the 3 days of not worrying about the house or deal with my DH giving me a look if I ask too many times in one day for a favor. I like the nurses pampering me and I like that time with my newborn and I, just hanging around, just us. For my 2nd son, my 1st just visited every day for a while and my DH stayed for a few hrs too, but had to go home to take care of him, and it was kind of magical, just me and the new baby alone with some paid help, hehe.

You are very lucky DM that your DH is sooo fricking awesome and helpful!!

Mochagirl
April 24th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Yeah, DM - ditto about your dh. Mine is USELESS with a newborn. If my Mom weren't able to come help me out those first few days (which is a possibility with my Dad still in the hospital), it would be me doing almost everything. I STILL would opt to come home rather than staying in the hospital, though. I just had such a negative experience with my twins. They tried to force formula on me when they started losing weight (last time I checked, all babies lose weight after being born, and it's completely normal for the milk to not come in right away), the lactation consultants there were HORRIBLE and basically wrote me off as a lost cause, sending me home with a crate of formula (despite their pessimism, I continued to pump and try to BF my TwinA, and by 6 weeks I had both of them BF exclusively. I think only one bottle of formula ever passed their lips, and that was because they wouldn't let me leave the hospital unless they gained a bit of weight!), and I got really annoyed by nurses who kept trying to take my babies away from me to take care of them at the nursing station in an effort to 'help'. There was no way I was letting those boys out of my sight for a second!).

Inglewood
April 24th, 2012, 09:56 AM
The girls were born ( by c-section) the tues 0933/0935 and I was home by thurs 3pm! Did feel a bit pushed out this time, Midwife came the next day then every 2 days after for a wk as girls cord were still attached. The health visitor now comes in once a wk till they are around 6wks and looks after me too till then. That's what happens in scotland. Although with ds1 I was in 4 days and ds2 3 days post c-section.

DoulaMama
April 24th, 2012, 10:31 AM
My hubby wasn't always so helpful!! When I became a doula I seriously put him through daddy boot camp! LOL! I would talk about what type of rest the mama needed for her uterus to heal and for her cervix and pelvic floor to return to normal(talking a lot about prolapse and incontinence). Also, the faster I heal, the better I feel and the more likely I'm going to want physical closeness....lol. He's ALL ABOUT physical closeness ;) After all our chats, he seemed to get the hint for #3 and I laid in bed for 3 days while he served me meals etc. I do make quite a few freezer meals for the time he stays home- about 10 of them, so he does meals from scratch 2 days a week and relies on the freezer the other 5. I do have to say that he's always been the one to get up at night if kids are ill, need a snuggle or to be tucked back into bed etc. And he changes diapers ALL THE TIME even in the middle of night as well as takes a screaming newborn and bounces them for an hour or two if I need sleep. Other than the dishes and laundry, he doesn't do much housework though...lol My toilets are a little worse for wear after 2 weeks....yum! I feel very lucky but at the same time I feel he does need to help out or he'll have a wife who hates him. He'd rather help ;) LOL

Baby is really quiet today....not sure if it's just sleepy time or it's the "quiet before the storm" so to speak. I keep looking at dates on the calendar, seeing which numbers look appealing...I like the 25th as I'm born on the 25th in a different month. I also like the 27th as it's my closest friend's Birthday and she would just be totally thrilled to share this little peanuts birthday:) After that...the 28th is the new moon....maybe it'll have some sort of affect...LOL I can't even think about going past the 28th right now as it seems too far away at the moment. Sigh....This daughter of mine is a stubborn little turd already.... :rofl:

Ingle- That's a really quick hospital stay for c-sec!! Holy crap!

M- Every time I read about your start with your twins, I have to say that I amazed that you held on and nursed them through all that crap! It is an incredible accomplishment. You were probably one of very few women in Canada, that year, to nurse your twins past the 6 month mark. I know for singletons, only 13% of women nurse to the age of 6 months and beyond. :bowdown:

lobella2
April 24th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Wow DM you are so patient. I was so done by 39 weeks. hopefully she comes soon. my due date is tomorrow and its my moms birthday:)

Princess you are getting so close. How exciting!

I don't mind the hospital too much for one night but more than that drives me crazy! i was in for 2 nights with my DS, 24 hrs with DD1. Since I had this baby at 1 am I ended up having to stay that second night. The second night was rough so I really wished i could have been home. i pretty much nursed for 10 hours straight because my milk hadn't come in yet and she would cry unless I was nursing her. Nurses kept coming in and offering to take her so I could sleep, but I wouldn't let them. My mom stayed for 3 days after she was born so she helped a ton. My DH helps with taking care of the other 2, but he doesn't help with newborn stuff or housework. He also can't take extra time off work because he owns his own business so yesterday was my first day of doing everything by myself. It was quite a day. Lily had her first check up. She is now 6 lbs 10 oz, only 5 oz from her birth weight. At least after a busy day we had a great night last night. Lily slept for 5 hours straight and only woke up twice to nurse.

Mochagirl
April 24th, 2012, 12:16 PM
DM - I'm definitely proud of myself for BFing my twins until they were 2. I belong to the local twin association, and it's definitely rare for twin moms to nurse past a few months, if at all. It was a hard road, but sooooo worth it. After that, nursing ds3 who was a strong nurser from the moment he was born was so easy!

zanacal
April 24th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Hi ladies

I got given some lovely presents at work today! It's not my last day until Friday but my colleague is leaving for maternity leave today so they did our presentations at the same time. I'd quite like not to go in on Wednesday and Friday now!

I also don't mind one night in hospital, a bit of quiet bonding time with baby because it's so hectic once we're home! The minimum time I have to stay in hospital this time is 6 hours so depending what time of day baby is born I won't be hanging around - I don't want to be moved to a ward and have other people's babies keeping me awake!!

DM - I had a day of no twinges whatsoever and a very quiet baby before I went into labour with DS3. I'll bet this is your calm before the storm. That's always how I described it too!

Princesssarah - Yay for the imminent arrival of your precious little man :D Make sure you update us on Monday!

I thought I'd cop a feel of my cervix today to see what it's doing and it's nowhere to be found! Is it usual for a pregnant lady's cervix to be really high up? I've never lost it before!!

lobella2
April 24th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Z I tried to feel my cervix a couple of times toward the end of my pregnancy and I couldn't find it either. How exciting to be almost done with work. I just realized you are getting close too. Do your babies usually come on time?

DoulaMama
April 24th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Checking cervix- It tends to stay posterior until right before labour or during labour. So yes, it's really hard to find ;)
I have a shorter canal than average, I think so it's always been easy for me to find. I find either sitting on the toilet or squatting the 2 best positions to use.

Z- Sounds like a great time!! I wouldn't want to go back either!!

L- I'm faking it til I make it...in regards to the patience...LOL!

LolaInLove
April 24th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Stalking you, DM....hope all is well for you! And PrincessSarah also!!!

auroara78
April 24th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Every day now when I first log on, I always check here 1st to make sure DM is still knocked up and not had her baby yet! Although now I am starting to get wee bit impatient at the lack of an awesome birth story! C'mon, Felina, make your appearance already...we are all waiting for you :)

begonia
April 24th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I must the very odd one out, I actually like being in the hospital when I have the baby. I like the 3 days of not worrying about the house or deal with my DH giving me a look if I ask too many times in one day for a favor. I like the nurses pampering me and I like that time with my newborn and I, just hanging around, just us. For my 2nd son, my 1st just visited every day for a while and my DH stayed for a few hrs too, but had to go home to take care of him, and it was kind of magical, just me and the new baby alone with some paid help, hehe.

Oh me too Auroara!!! I second you on the magical part ... those 1st few days I had lots of quiet time where it was JUST me and my newborn. It was amazing. I cherished every bit of it. It was wonderful to come home and have my whole family (DH and the 2 big sisters) as well, but oh ... that special time with just me alone with DD3 was perfection.

Crazy that y'all have to go in for check-ups every other day if you do a Dr birth! I had a dr and just had to go see him for my 6 week check-up. DD and I only had to go to her pediatrician at 2 weeks, then not again til 2 months. I'd probably pick a MW too if it meant I could avoid leaving the house every other day, that's tough!

Only 13% with singletons nurse past 6 months?!?! WOW. I had no idea. I crack myself up because EVERY time before I give birth I'm like, "BLAH. I HATE breastfeeding." And then my baby arrives, and I'm like, "breastfeeding is the best thing EVER. We will breastfeed til you're 16!" Ok not QUITE that enthusiastic but y'all get the point. :bigsmile: I love love love that time with my baby. I'm so very thankful that nursing has always come very easily to me with great latches and ample supply.

Umm. What else. Oh yes. C'mon out Felina!!!! The world is super fun! And Princess I'm so very happy you have an end in sight as well! FX for smooth L&D for you two gals!

Mochagirl
April 24th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Ugh...I know I had no reason to complain with the things some of you ladies are going through, but I feel like crap today. My boys were all sick with the flu all last week - ds2 had a fever that lasted 8 days! They're all on the mend now, and I thought I'd escaped it, but suddenly today I started to feel horrible. Dizzy, headache and aching all over. I hate the fact that I have a bad backache - even though I'm 90% sure it's just part of whatever this is I have, it's always scary to have a backache in pregnancy....

zanacal
April 24th, 2012, 03:39 PM
{hugs} Mocha. I saw on FB that your boys had all been ill and that's rough! Even worse if you're coming down with it. Look after yourself x

Mochagirl
April 24th, 2012, 03:44 PM
After I came home from my boys' swimming lesson today, I really needed to lie down. So I'm ashamed to admit, my big boys have been playing Nintendo DS all afternoon and DS3 is watching TV. Bad Mommy moment. My tylenol's starting to kick in and I'm having a cup of tea now, so I'm hoping I'll have enough energy soon to insist they turn their screens off.

princesssarah34
April 24th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Thanks Ladies...I am very excited at the prospect of getting to meet my little man next week. I have a lot to do this week to finish getting ready. I had to laugh today when I told a friend of mine that the Doc talked induction....she asked my 2 youngest boys "are you getting excited that you might get to meet your baby brother pretty soon?" and all you hear is DS#3 says "yep and then we get to go to the zoo!!":rofl: He has begged to go back to the zoo and see the animals since we went a few months ago...and I tell him everytime..."we have to wait until your baby brother comes out and then we can go to the zoo."
Well you are are talking about which you prefer hospital or home.......I like to be at the hospital to have the baby (I am a big baby and a low pain tolerance)...but as soon as I can leave the hospital the better! And I give cudos to you ladies that can do home births with no pain meds....you are all stonger than me!
DM-I still can not believe your little one has yet to arrive....I would be freaking out right now!

zanacal
April 24th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Z I tried to feel my cervix a couple of times toward the end of my pregnancy and I couldn't find it either. How exciting to be almost done with work. I just realized you are getting close too. Do your babies usually come on time?

DS1 was 2 days late, DS2 was 3 days late and DS3 was 1 day early so I've been very lucky in the past. I hope this one keeps up the trend!

DoulaMama
April 25th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Getting extremely impatient here...babe is ultra quiet(heart rate is good though) but the crampiness is all but gone and I feel totally normal. Feeling kinda blue...admit that I had a few frustrated tears when I woke up :tissue: :(

Ribbons
April 25th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Aww DM, I bet it's just right around the corner then! Calm before the storm! My bet is she will be here within a couple of days :) :heart:

DoulaMama
April 25th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks Ribbons~ I'm trying my darndest to enjoy these last moments of pregnancy...I know I'll miss this~ It's just such a tough place to be in.

zanacal
April 25th, 2012, 11:16 AM
{hugs} DM x

tweedledeedum
April 25th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Labor vibes to DM! I'm sure she will be here soon.

ladybug
April 25th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I sure hope she arrives soon Doula.....I am sending you lots of labor vibes! I hope you have a quick and easy delivery :)

lobella2
April 25th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Thinking of you DM. I had a lot of labor symptoms the day before I gave birth and then the next day they were gone. Then that night my water broke. So hopefully she will be here very soon. I too wanted to try to enjoy the last days of my pregnancy but I was so impatient that it made it hard to enjoy. Hang in there.

Mochagirl
April 25th, 2012, 12:25 PM
I'm thinking about you almost every minute, DM, and willing that little baby girl to make her entrance! :HH:

DoulaMama
April 25th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Thank you! I need all the vibes I can get! I'm sure it'll be really soon:) I just wish I had a crystal ball!!

princesssarah34
April 25th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Oh Dm...I had so hoped to log on (finally) and see a baby update!! Hopefully soon!

Well I just lost a huge chunk of mucus plug tonight!! (sorry tmi) Things are moving along at least for me. Monday the doc said the I was 1+ dialated but still firm.....so who knows! I just remember that with DS#1 I lost it a few days before he came, DS#2 I lost it 2 weeks before they induced, and DS#3 I lost it just a few days before he came. There maybe more to lose but it is a sign...at least for me!

dannikins
April 26th, 2012, 04:21 AM
thinking of you DM, hopefully its the calm before the storm...:)

Indira
April 26th, 2012, 05:05 AM
With Ds 1 labour started at 41+1 around 5 pm and he was born the next day so IŽm thinking today is going to be a good day Doulamama! I was so desperate and depressed because of the wait, I so understand how you feel!
Come on Felina, we want to see you!!

DoulaMama
April 26th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Thanks guys!! I'm still here! Had a bit of a nervous breakdown yesterday. My mom came over to watch the boys while I went for a walk with DH. She decides to ask me if I want my sis to be here while I give birth...
(side note- although we have zero ill feelings toward each other, we are NOT close at all in any way)
I say "no, not really". And then instead of DROPPING it right there, she asks why I don't want her there! Tells me that she'd really like to be here(which means she ASKED her if she'd like to come before talking to me!!). I tell her it's because we're not close, I wouldn't want her sitting in the room watching me give birth(it's not a spectator sport for God's sake!)and if she's sitting upstairs listening instead...what's the bloody point. So she gets to see the baby RIGHT AFTER I give birth...she's not holding her or helping out(she's extremely unhelpful). Why on earth would she be here!!? So after telling my mom all this...she says, teary eyed, "our family is so screwed up". By this point I want to slap her but instead just say " Do not do this mom. Don't you dare pull the guilt thing on me at 41 weeks pregnant!" She tries to backpedal a bit but by this point I'm furious. We leave for our walk and I steam over it for an hour. Ugh! If I had wanted her there, wouldn't I have asked her to be there months ago!?!? It all comes down to my MOM feeling guilty that we're not close and also feeling bad that she's invited but my sis isn't. I do not need drama right before having a baby!!
I've just put my foot down and said no...which I'm sure has affected my mom WAY more than my sis. I'm pretty darn sure my mom has created all this drama in her head and my sis couldn't really be bothered. Why is it that family can't keep their mouth shut, sometimes?! F$&k! Sorry, this is just all getting to me. I'm close to not calling anyone but my hubby when it comes time. That way I know there'll be zero bs.

Rant over.

Princess- I'm so glad it looks like your little guy will show up soon, even without the induction!! Yay!!
Although, to be honest, if you give birth before I do, I'm going to stab myself in the eye with a dinner fork...:rofl:

auroara78
April 26th, 2012, 12:03 PM
DM, I hear you...rant away hunny, I would have totally felt that way if I was in the same situation!!! Plus, you have been so peaceful and serene for so long...that I can totally understand and relate to your frustration!

/hugs...I hope babe comes soon!

LolaInLove
April 26th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Shake it off, sister. You have more important fish to fry soon. You are exactly right, it's your Mom's issue and not yours. Life can't always be a big fat koombaya with the family. But hey, maybe your getting upset is helping that little gal come out sooner! Good luck!!! xoxo

Glittergirl
April 26th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Sorry DM about all the drama--your sister probably doesn't even want to be there. I hear ya on the spectator sport thing there's always drama about who is invited to the delivery. My mom was at our first then after that I decided it would only be me and DH.
I have to admit, I don't even like visitors after the delivery but of course everyone want to stop by. I'd rather them stop at the hospital then at home. Then I don't have to host but I look like crap at the hospital. I'm still having visitors and it's getting annoying. tired of last minute cleaning up and buying food to serve.

I have been up all night, I think Eva has RSV. Dh has had a bad cold and now she's really stopped up and lots of thick mucous and coughing. I've been doing the saline and aspirator but she isn't too bad today. Just at night when she can't sleep cause she can't breath through her nose. Kinda scary! Last night was much better. The first night I couldn't sleep I was so afraid she would choke. Even though we co sleep, I kept her upright in my arms. Nursing sucks right now too--she keeps latching off or opening her mouth between sucks which gets more air in.

Oh well--had to vent--I didn't wanna vent on facebook.

Glittergirl
April 26th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Sorry DM about all the drama--your sister probably doesn't even want to be there. I hear ya on the spectator sport thing there's always drama about who is invited to the delivery. My mom was at our first then after that I decided it would only be me and DH.
I have to admit, I don't even like visitors after the delivery but of course everyone want to stop by. I'd rather them stop at the hospital then at home. Then I don't have to host but I look like crap at the hospital. I'm still having visitors and it's getting annoying. tired of last minute cleaning up and buying food to serve.

I have been up all night, I think Eva has RSV. Dh has had a bad cold and now she's really stopped up and lots of thick mucous and coughing. I've been doing the saline and aspirator but she isn't too bad today. Just at night when she can't sleep cause she can't breath through her nose. Kinda scary! Last night was much better. The first night I couldn't sleep I was so afraid she would choke. Even though we co sleep, I kept her upright in my arms. Nursing sucks right now too--she keeps latching off or opening her mouth between sucks which gets more air in.

Oh well--had to vent--I didn't wanna vent on facebook.

Mochagirl
April 26th, 2012, 12:36 PM
DM - I'm so sorry your Mom lay a guilt trip on you at the worst of times, DM :hugs:.

Glittergirl - sorry about the RSV. I remember when my twins had that at the same time and it was the longest week of my life!

Mochagirl
April 26th, 2012, 12:36 PM
DM - I'm so sorry your Mom lay a guilt trip on you at the worst of times, DM :hugs:.

Glittergirl - sorry about the RSV. I remember when my twins had that at the same time and it was the longest week of my life!

Mochagirl
April 26th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I had my 20 week mw appt today, and it went well. I got the result from my IPS blood test, and it turns out my risk of Down's is the same as that of a 19 year old. Pretty good for an old lady of 37, eh? :bigsmile:

princesssarah34
April 26th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Oh DM...hang in there...and your right you don't need your Mom playing guilt on you right now! Big Hugs!!
And please don't stab your self in the eye with a fork! (you made me chuckle) You will have that baby before me I am sure of that.

DoulaMama
April 26th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Thanks everyone! I have no idea why she thought to say anything. She's usually so good at minding her own business. I asked her if she would have wanted her sister(they're not close either)at her birth and her response- "I couldn't, I had you guys in the hospital". Way to dodge the question... Ugh. So, homebirth = invite all your family members because they'll think it's "neat" to be there??? Not a chance. I'm still steaming over this... Sorry.

Mocha- so happy to hear your results are so great!!! Yippee!!!!!

GG- I'm sorry your little Eva is so ill:( I hope she's on the mend soon and you can get back to regular sleep and nursing.

zanacal
April 26th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I'm sorry for all that sh!t DM. FWIW, I am fairly close to my sister and I still don't think I'd want her with me during labour! I'm also close to my mum and she was there for two of my births but I feel more comfortable when it's just me and DH - I need the freedom to completely relax and go with it without feeling self-conscious and if someboy else is there it's almost like somebody watching me having sex!

Glad your midwife appointment went well Mocha - will you be telling everybody you're pregnant now? Do the boys even know yet?! Is your scan next Wednesday, I'm not sure I remembered the date right!

Glittergirl, I really hope your little girl is healthy again soon. It must be such a worry x

I was home all day today as my DS2 is poorly. He has one of those mysterious viruses which gives them a high temperature but not a lot else! He's fine so long as he's recently had some ibuprofen but as soon as that wears off his temp goes back up and he says his body aches. I'm not sure how much of my last day at work I'll actually be there for!! I have a lot of period type back pain tonight - I've not had very many periods in the past 6 years or so and I don't really like it!!

Mochagirl
April 26th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Z - we told the boys about the baby a few weeks ago. They're soooooooo excited and spend much of every day kissing my belly. I brought them to my midwife appt today and they thought it was really cool.

Yes, my scan is wednesday, so I figure if I've waited this LNG I might as well wait until then and make a big combo 'I'm pregnant/it's a girl' FB announcement. People who see me often in my normal, everyday life know for the most part since my belly's pretty obvious, but the return of cold weather here means even a lot of them don't know since I'm often covered in a coat.

Oh, and what your DS has sounds just like what my DS had last week!

lobella2
April 26th, 2012, 04:06 PM
DM so sorry you have to deal with all that. Hopefully your precious baby will be here very soon.

GG sorry to hear about your little one. It is so hard when babies get sick.

Mocha great news!

Glittergirl
April 26th, 2012, 04:23 PM
yay for the healthy check-up Mocha! It's always such a relief...I don't know how you dealt with 2 babies with RSV it makes me so nervous when they struggle to breathe!
Princesssarah--I can't believe your baby is coming soon! I can't remember, do you have a name yet?
DM--I would be mad too, my mom sometimes does stuff like that and me and my sisters are close! After the baby my mom came and stayed with us and I swear every time she made me dinner, etc. she would suggest maybe we should drop some off for my sisters at their house. I finally just said "well maybe they can come pick it up since I'm not driving around after I just had a baby". She got the hint, but she would still make annoying comments like see if your sisters wanna come over too. But inviting your sister to your home BIRTH takes the cake:mad:! Don't even feel guilty!
Z I hope your little guy feels better soon. Fevers can be scary. my kids are prone to febrile seizures so I am the first one in line to give them meds and cool them off with popsicles and wet rags. I used to let them sweat the fevers until the first seizure, now I am a paranoid freak about fevers when they are little.
those on FB--I don't post much on your pages cause I can't remember who has announced their pregnancy, sex of their baby, etc so I just lay low and "like" your posts. I think it's funny cause in a way we all know way more about eachother than our friends. I haven't told anyone about the extent of my sway. My sister knows some like diet etc. but not all the other stuff like ions, testing pH, etc.:wink:

princesssarah34
April 26th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Princesssarah--I can't believe your baby is coming soon! I can't remember, do you have a name yet?
Yes GG we finally have a name picked out but........we aren't telling anyone until he is here....just one surprise in this pregnancy since this is the last one for us.
I have been feeling really anxious today for some reason. Baby Boy has been quieter than normal or I am just thinking he is! A little bit more mucus plug came out today.....I am just wishing the days would go faster and Monday would get here now!

DoulaMama
April 27th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Thank you for all the support :HH:

I'm hoping we can encourage this baby to come today:) Went for a long walk last night, actually succeeded in dtd...lol!, and tried a few other things like the breast pump etc and I had non painful cx's through the night for the first time. So I'm hoping once I get out of bed, they'll continue! Fingers crossed! I'm seriously close to trying castor oil if today ends up with no baby. I feel the need to get this kiddo out...not sure if it intuition or what but I don't think she should/will be in there too much longer. Anyway...PLEASE send every last labour vibe my way! I soooo need it!!!!! xoxoxo Thank you!!!!

Mochagirl
April 27th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Ok, little Miss Felina: today is the day. You've made your Mommy wait long enough and she is aching to hold you and nurse you. You'll like it out here Earthside - you have 3 adoring brothers waiting to meet you, and a Daddy who's going to be completely surprised and thrilled when he sees you're a girl. So start your journey NOW. Your Mommy is waiting for you :HH:.

DoulaMama
April 27th, 2012, 09:51 AM
That made me cry!! :tissue: Thank you, M :HH: That was super sweet~ xoxo

Ribbons
April 27th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Ditto, Mocha! Wish there was a like, or a double-like! :)

Mochagirl
April 28th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Well, DM - did Felina listen to me??

DoulaMama
April 28th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Hi Mocha:) She didn't:( This morning has been really emotionally hard on me. I'm losing my confidence:( ~tears~

Mochagirl
April 28th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Oh Hun - I'm sooooooo sorry. This is one stubborn girl you have there. Still sending you major labour vibes and heaps of love :HH:

DoulaMama
April 28th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Thank you, M:) I've been crying since 5:30am :( I just feel so lost right now.

Mochagirl
April 28th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Have any of your UC friends had any advice for you? I wish I could come and give you a big hug!

I remember you saying your were quite overdue with your ds. How far along were you when he came along?

Butterfly Spirit
April 28th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Thank you, M:) I've been crying since 5:30am :( I just feel so lost right now.

Oh Doulamama, I am so sorry you little princess isn't here yet, but she will come!

Here, this might help!
Acupressure & Acupuncture : Acupressure Points That Help Your Cervix Dilate - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olJvHTKWqqY&feature=fvsr)

Also another thing you can do is pull on your nipples and knead them forward.

Good Luck hon! I hope it works!!!

Flava
April 28th, 2012, 08:36 AM
DM - Im sorry you feel so low...I was also going crazy DD4 came at 42 weeks and it's not funny to wait.
Hopefully this weekend! :cheer:

DoulaMama
April 28th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Thank you guys:HH: I've tried the acupressure so many times in the past 3 days but I'm going to look for an acupuncturist today. Thanks BSpirit:) I know that she'll come...but I was not ready, mentally, to go this late again:(

M- I went 10 days late with DS1 and 5 days late with Ds2. The thing is, I associate bad things with my first birth-meconium, Nicu stay, etc and it's freaking me out:( why can't this kid just come already???! I've never been this anxious to give birth before- which is not helping to get this going:(

DoulaMama
April 28th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Did she come without induction, Flava?? Thank you:) xo

Butterfly Spirit
April 28th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Thank you guys:HH: I've tried the acupressure so many times in the past 3 days but I'm going to look for an acupuncturist today. Thanks BSpirit:) I know that she'll come...but I was not ready, mentally, to go this late again:(

M- I went 10 days late with DS1 and 5 days late with Ds2. The thing is, I associate bad things with my first birth-meconium, Nicu stay, etc and it's freaking me out:( why can't this kid just come already???! I've never been this anxious to give birth before- which is not helping to get this going:(

Oh good, I'm glad I could help! Here's a laugh now!

Mochagirl
April 28th, 2012, 08:55 AM
DM - I know it's far easier said than done, but try not to stress. When I looked online I saw LOTS of stories of women having peaceful, natural, non-induced births up to 2 weeks late and beyond. I just know this little girl will come very very soon, and as soon as you're holding her in your arms you'll know she was worth every speck of trouble and stress she's been putting you though! :HH:

Flava
April 28th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Did she come without induction, Flava?? Thank you:) xo

Yes it was a home birth. My water just broke one night and that's how it started.

DoulaMama
April 28th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Thank you, M :) You are totally right. I've read a ton of stories, know people that have had easy "late" births, attended a few clients with very late babies...all went well. I know that there is no magic number of days that go by that mean things will go wrong, but it's hard when this is all just stagnant, it seems. One of my biggest fears is stillbirth:( And I know the chances are very low (1 in 500 past 42 weeks) but it stills weighs on my mind. Also- and this will sound absolutely horrible...so I apologize- I am terrified of losing my daughter, knowing its my girl, and thinking that if anything happened......would we ever get a daughter, ever again? It's terrible to even put words to those thoughts...I'm sorry if I offend anyone:( I have high hopes for this weekend...but if I make it to Monday...I'll be a wreck. I know it. Huge hugs Mocha xo Thank you :HH: I would seriously love a hug right about now ~

DoulaMama
April 28th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Yes it was a home birth. My water just broke one night and that's how it started.

Thank you!!! You made my morning! xxxxxooooo

Butterfly Spirit
April 28th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Thank you, M :) You are totally right. I've read a ton of stories, know people that have had easy "late" births, attended a few clients with very late babies...all went well. I know that there is no magic number of days that go by that mean things will go wrong, but it's hard when this is all just stagnant, it seems. One of my biggest fears is stillbirth:( And I know the chances are very low (1 in 500 past 42 weeks) but it stills weighs on my mind. Also- and this will sound absolutely horrible...so I apologize- I am terrified of losing my daughter, knowing its my girl, and thinking that if anything happened......would we ever get a daughter, ever again? It's terrible to even put words to those thoughts...I'm sorry if I offend anyone:( I have high hopes for this weekend...but if I make it to Monday...I'll be a wreck. I know it. Huge hugs Mocha xo Thank you :HH: I would seriously love a hug right about now ~

Isn't she still kicking? Drink some cold juice! ;)
I think you will be totally fine. I will put you in my prayers before I go crash! lol

DoulaMama
April 28th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Oh yeah! She's moving(although she has really slowed down-not much room in there now) and I'm getting the amount of kicks/movements I need. I also check heart rate often and she sounds great:) It's all in my head...just fears. Thank you Butterfly:) I appreciate that, Hun xoxo

Mochagirl
April 28th, 2012, 09:18 AM
DM - you're not awful at all voicing those concerns. I think any of us who have finally gotten our long awaiting DG would feel the same way. Remember that your hormones are wreaking havoc with your emotions. Bring out the doula in you and remember the words of comfort you'd be giving a woman in your same exact situation. You little girl is going to be FINE. Big hugs and kisses from Ontario!:hug2: Tell this little girl if she doesn't come soon I might have to get on a plane and come there to give her a personal talking to!!

DoulaMama
April 28th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Oh M, thank you:) You are awesome :HH: I will give myself some doula advice and try to stay as strong as I can muster:) She WILL be FINE. ~tears~ What would I do without you and the supportive ladies on here? I honestly feel way better now. Thank you~ Huge XXXX and OOOO from me too:)

begonia
April 28th, 2012, 10:59 AM
:bighug: DM! :HH:

princesssarah34
April 28th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Oh DM....I totally get your fears.....I went thru the same thing with DS#2's birth......and so every pg I have had I fear that I have no fluid for the baby or that they will end u in the NICU again like him. And esp. after losing Evan my fear of a still born is heavy on my mind! I freak everytime I don't think this little guy is moving enough! And the last few days I have felt really yucky. So I totally get your fears. All in all DM you know your body and your baby best do whatever you feel is right for you! I on the other hand will induce if doc says to......I can't take much more of the fear and stress...they are causing me anxiety like no bodies business!

DoulaMama
April 28th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Well, I just got out of an acupuncture appt. I have another booked for tomorrow and Monday. I'm also picking up some lemon verbena oil....ugh. If this kiddo waits too much longer I'm going to take it in a labour cocktail, early next week. Please come baby!!!!! PLEASE!!!

DoulaMama
April 28th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Thank you Princess and Begonia (((HUGS))) :HH:

Mochagirl
April 28th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Ok, Felina - we get it: you want to make sure everyone is watching and waiting with anticipation before you make your dramatic entrance into this world. Goal achieved. Now it's time to get to work and start your journey. You may feel all warm and cozy right now, but it will feel even nicer to be cuddled in your Mommy's arms or nuzzled in drinking some tasty breastmilk. Your Mommy is tired and your whole family is waiting to meet you. Wait until you see how many people love you already and they haven't even met you! The next time I hear from your Mom I want it to be a birth announcement!

lobella2
April 28th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Hugs DM. Your little girl is just too comfy in there. I keep checking hoping to hear the good news. Hopefully she will come out VERY soon!

dannikins
April 28th, 2012, 06:57 PM
sorry shes not budging DM.
i have only had the one over due, and that was my last one.
i did go into labour on his due date but after 12 hours of no progression it stopped.
the midwives told me it was because i was so stressed and anxious.

i was so ready to not be pregnant anymore, i was huge and uncomfortable and totally over it.
i had tried EVERYTHING to get him out....
and i was so worried he wasnt going to come and they would send me home.

all that worry and stress is why i was sent home.

try and take some relaxing you time.
have a nice long bath, with some lavender and scented candles, and chamomile tea. (lots of chamomile tea, it helps relax the cervix and encourages dialation, also great for the anxiety)
get some of your fave music going, and just forget about everything for a little bit.
i know its not easy....

sending all the labour vibes i got your way! :bighug:

DoulaMama
April 29th, 2012, 01:33 AM
She's here!!! Born at 8:10pm, April 28th, into her Daddy's hands in the birth pool. She's such a cutie! 7lbs 11oz. Everything went super smooth! Started having a few cx's that I had to stop and breath through, around 4pm. They changed in strength around 7pm and I started pushing around 7:50pm. She's nearly my smallest baby but she hurt the most to push out! I'll post pics and birth story tomorrow:) Thank you everyone for your sweet thoughts and labour vibes! I HAVE A DAUGHTER!!!! Aaahhhhh!!!

Myloves
April 29th, 2012, 01:39 AM
:HH::babygirl:HH:
CONGRATS!! She's finally here! Yes, you have a daughter - and how did the family react? They must have been soo excited!

Myloves
April 29th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Oh and it's time to change your siggy too :wink:

dannikins
April 29th, 2012, 02:08 AM
OMG HUGE CONGRATS!!!:bighug:

how exciting, cant wait to see some pics of your baby GIRL!!!!!

zanacal
April 29th, 2012, 03:48 AM
Your news was the first thing I read when I woke up this morning DM! Congratulations again, I'm overjoyed for you and can't wait to hear how DH reacted to discovering he has a daugher! She looks so much like you, she's just beautiful :D ... and it was quick in the end eh?! All those annoying on/off contractions must have been doing something afterall! Enjoy your babymoon xxx

Butterfly Spirit
April 29th, 2012, 04:21 AM
:HH:I am Sooo happy for you! It seems as though the acupuncture worked!

And I would love to see a picture of your brand new princess!!!:HH: ;)

Mochagirl
April 29th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Oh DM - i'm crying tears of joy for you. Welcome, Felina!!!!

Mochagirl
April 29th, 2012, 07:27 AM
So what was dh's reaction when he saw she's a girl??

Flava
April 29th, 2012, 08:30 AM
WOW DM finally !!!! lol And it was so fast I hope I will have a fast birth too!

http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/341/341398shcjscojkq.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Flava
April 29th, 2012, 08:31 AM
So what was dh's reaction when he saw she's a girl??

oh yeah we need to know this !lol

lobella2
April 29th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Woohoo congrats on your daughter! I can't wait to see the pics.

Ribbons
April 29th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Congrats DM!!!! So excited that she is finally here!!

zanacal
April 29th, 2012, 12:03 PM
So who's next - Princesssarah, it must be you?!

I spent the morning writing my birth plan - actually I spent around 10 minutes writing my birth plan and the rest of the morning trying to get my last plan off the hard drive of my old laptop and then to get the printer to work (finally gave up and went out and bought a new one!). The midwife is coming to my house tomorrow to discuss my birth plan so I wanted to have it done before then. Yesterday DH and I went on our last hypnosis class which was great and then we went for a tour of the labour ward at the hospital I'll have the baby. I have to say, it's much more old fashioned than the hospital I've been to with the boys. I'm so glad I'm doing the hypnosis stuff because I didn't get a good vibe from the hospital and I want to be able to switch off from that! I also know that it's not the 'place' which will make it good or bad but the midwives who are on duty so I hope they're good ones!

DH is currently out for a walk! We had words at lunch time after I made everyone lunch and then sat down and got up again a dozen times because everybody wanted something else and then when I commented that my soup was cold DH told me to stop whingeing - and then I had a tantrum in front of the children which wasn't my finest hour but it would just be so lovely to have somebody look after me for a change rather than everybody expecting me to do all the looking after!! I wanted the housework to be up together today ready for the midwife's visit tomorrow but I haven't got round to that yet so I guess it won't be! Rant over!

ladybug
April 29th, 2012, 12:07 PM
I am so happy for you doula!!!!! Congratulations :)

atomic sagebrush
April 29th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I'm so thrilled for you Doula!!! :heart:

Mochagirl
April 29th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Sorry about your day, Z! I have days like that a lot too - when I feel almost like I'm a maid/nanny rather than a valued part of the household. I always eat my meals cold as well, after refilling milk, cutting people's meat, getting a new fork after someone drops theirs on the floor, etc. Sigh...

begonia
April 29th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Welcome Felina!!!! Congrats DM :) Enjoy that new little one; can't wait to hear about DHs reaction and see pics!

Z I'm sorry no one is taking care of you... we mom's "get" it. Vent away love. Hope the day gets better.

tweedledeedum
April 29th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Congrats, DM! Welcome to baby Felina! Can't wait to hear your family's reaction to a baby girl. Have a great babymoon!

zanacal
April 29th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Thanks ladies :D

I'm sat here watching DS3 who developed a temperature this evening and now looks to be developing a rash - this is going to be a fun maternity leave!! Probably best to get all the germs out of the house before baby arrives though!

Indira
April 29th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Congratulations Doulamama! IŽm so glad Felina has arrived and all went well :awe:

Zanacal I hope DS3 will be better soon and that your men will start spoiling you soon, I canŽt believe how near you are!

princesssarah34
April 29th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Yay DM!!!!! Can't wait to see pic's of your baby girl!!!

And I should be next....I hope!! I have a Dr. appt tomorrow afternoon..and hopefully he will say lets go have a baby! we shall see. Still having lots of contractions but nothing to rush to the hospital for. And my blood sugar is still not staying under where he wants it so he may induce also instead of playing with insulin for a week.....I pray he will just say lets go!

zanacal
April 29th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Good luck at your appointment, let us know what he says!

Do you ladies who have had babies recently or remember previous pregnancies have crampy braxton hicks for quite some time before baby arrived? I've been getting this a lot lately (as opposed to the painless ones I was getting before), both during the day and waking me at night, but I'm pretty sure I had the same for around 3 weeks before DS3 arrived!

dannikins
April 29th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Z, yep i did for about a month before my last was born.
i have been getting painful ones again this time for the last few weeks too too. since bub dropped.

HopeandDreamG
April 29th, 2012, 06:51 PM
She's here!!! Born at 8:10pm, April 28th, into her Daddy's hands in the birth pool. She's such a cutie! 7lbs 11oz. Everything went super smooth! Started having a few cx's that I had to stop and breath through, around 4pm. They changed in strength around 7pm and I started pushing around 7:50pm. She's nearly my smallest baby but she hurt the most to push out! I'll post pics and birth story tomorrow:) Thank you everyone for your sweet thoughts and labour vibes! I HAVE A DAUGHTER!!!! Aaahhhhh!!!

Huge congrats to you and your family!!!!

lobella2
April 29th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Z I got painful bh contractions the week before and especially 24 hours before I delivered this time.

Princess good luck at your appointment. Hopefully you will have a baby very soon!

Glittergirl
April 29th, 2012, 09:14 PM
I am SO happy for you DM! She is just beautiful--I haven't been able to log on here so I have been stalking FB! I am just in awe that you did it unassisted and I can't wait to hear how DH and others reacted to her being a GIRL! Enjoy her and never put her down--that's what I do!!!

zanacal
April 30th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Z, yep i did for about a month before my last was born.
i have been getting painful ones again this time for the last few weeks too too. since bub dropped.

Yes, I think with me it's because bubs has dropped too. She also seems to squish my bladder the whole time - as if I don't go often enough already!

I'm waiting in for the midwife with my poorly boy. He's actually fine in himself but is getting a high temperature and looks really red in his face. He has a very fine rash on his body which actually just looks like he just got out of the bath! I'm worried it might be scarlett fever but I probably shouldn't have googled! If he's still rosey tomorrow I'll take him to the doctor I think.

Mochagirl
April 30th, 2012, 06:54 AM
I'm sorry your son's so sick, Z - I hope he gets better soon!

Flava
April 30th, 2012, 07:35 AM
I don't have DM on FB so we need pics here!

Myloves
April 30th, 2012, 07:41 AM
I agree Flava, please post a pic Doula - we'd love to see sweet Fellina :)

Inglewood
April 30th, 2012, 07:50 AM
DM, CONGRATS!!!!! She's here, excited to know what ur Dh said!!

Z, I had BH from 20-odd wks, got worse as wks went by. Didn't usually get them till 30wks + with boys. Sorry ur son is unwell :(

Hope everyone else is ok? waiting on friend from work visting girls. pop on later, busy house at the mo!

LolaInLove
April 30th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Congrats, DM! I love your last sentence: I HAVE A DAUGHTER! Made me get a big happy lump in my throat! So glad the birth went smoothly!

auroara78
April 30th, 2012, 11:10 AM
DM, so excited to hear you had her! Can't wait for pics and birth story! Have popcorn ready!

Glittergirl
April 30th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Congrats, DM! I love your last sentence: I HAVE A DAUGHTER! Made me get a big happy lump in my throat! So glad the birth went smoothly!
Lola I just saw in your siggy you are going to Czech Republic--my sister's SIL is here visiting, she's from Czech and is trying to get preggers--she said insurance covers IVF for three attempts. Is this true? Do they cover high tech as well?

Glittergirl
April 30th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I'm losing track--who is due next? Z sorry your DS is sick--maybe it's a good thing baby is not here yet.
We were all getting sick here too before the baby and I was just so glad it all happened before she was here. I can't imagine how to quarantine everyone from her. She already got what seemed to be RSV from them and I can't get the boys to stop kissing her face! I keep telling them to kiss her feet (I tell them she's sick and I don't want them to catch it, that seems to work the best, I feel like it hurts their feeling when I tell them she may get sick).

zanacal
April 30th, 2012, 04:17 PM
GG - my DS3 caught chicken pox when he was 2 months old! He only had it very mildly thankfully. Funnily enough, DS2 and DS3 are far more robust than DS1 who didn't have big brother germs to contend with as a baby!

princesssarah34
April 30th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Ok ladies...just got home from my dr. appt and..........next Tuesday the 8th is my induction day. I had so hoped it would be this week as I have been feeling really sick and just plain yucky but it is what it is. I am just confused at the fact that it is just one day before my due date?......but whatever. Although I could go on my own (i highly doubt it) as today I was 2-3 cent. but still firm. My Mom has been sending me all the stuff to try to bringing on labor.....which I have been trying some of them already for over a week and well nothing so far. Oh well!

Mochagirl
April 30th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Sorry you have to wait so long, princess, but at least you have a date now. Hopefully you'll go on your own before that!

zanacal
May 1st, 2012, 08:36 AM
Next Tuesday will come really soon Sarah - I'm really excited for you! FX you go yourself before then though as you sound really fed up. {hugs}

I actually went to town and bought boring things like massive sanitary towels this morning (oh crap, I just remembered I didn't get any breastpads!). I can't believe I lost my 'to do' list! I was going to wash some bedding and little clothes today as I actually found the bottom of our washing baskets yesterday but my mum and sister came over for coffee and I get so sleepy after lunch that I'll probably wait until tomorrow now. I'm so utterly convinced it'll be at least my due date until baby comes so I hope she doesn't surprise me :D

I put my hypno birthing CD on when I went to bed last night and I swear I listened to only one or two lines until I fell asleep - I don't even feel it was a light sleep where I was still hearing it, I was zonked! I'm going to have to start doing it in the daytime (when DS3 isn't here!) I think.

I'm still really unsure about how we're going to handle childcare when I go in to labour. So long as it's not a Thursday or a Friday while my mum is working we'll be ok. My due date is a Wednesday ...

Mochagirl
May 1st, 2012, 09:09 AM
I constantly worry about what we're going to do about childcare when I go into labour too. My mom will come if she can, but my dad is still quite sick in the hospital, so it's possible she won't be able to come at all. Even if she is able to come, she's 4 hours away so if i went quickly she'd never make it on time. My friends all have kids and jobs so I don't feel like I can ask them. I'm honestly starting to think it'll be just me and the midwives at the hospital. In a weird sense it doesn't bother me that much - dh is beyond useless when I'm in labour.

Mochagirl
May 1st, 2012, 09:14 AM
Oh, and dh just told me the other day he was still hoping to fly across the country on labour day weekend to go to his father's retirement party. That's less than 2 weeks before my due date!! I'm assuming the midwife will say no to that idea...

begonia
May 1st, 2012, 10:44 AM
Mocha just DH or you too?!? Surely you can't go. I flew with DD1 at 36 weeks but it was a short flight (1 hour) to a city with excellent medical services so my doc was fine with it. But at 38 weeks?!?! No way! I would think it would be fine for DH though? Unless you tend to go early?

MIL came 4 days before my due date to take care of my bigs in the even I went into labor. We don't have any family near us and while I have great friends and neighbors you always worry about having to call someone at 2am to watch your kids.

Sarah FX you get that baby out soon!

Oh Zan I had some painful BH the week before DD3 came; I never had them with the other girls though. Hope DS is better soon, sounds like he's really not well at the moment :(

Mochagirl
May 1st, 2012, 10:55 AM
No no - not me - just dh. I have no idea how this pregnancy will go. With my twins I was induced at 38 weeks and ds3 came 1 day early. Really with only one natural labour I don't think there's enough evidence to say I won't go early, and i'd be almost 39 weeks when he got home.

zanacal
May 1st, 2012, 12:29 PM
Ooh Mocha, I wouldn't allow that (but I suspect my DH considers me a bit of a dragon!!). Mine is already on restricted alcohol rations - mwah ha ha!! Good luck at your scan tomorrow, I'm sure everything will be fine :D

DS3 is perfectly well today thank goodness!

Mochagirl
May 1st, 2012, 12:33 PM
Yes, well, the thought of being here alone with my 3 little terrors on the long weekend right before school starts and while 9 months pregnant doesn't really appeal either, I admit. My Mom wouldn't even be able to come help me out since that's the weekend my whole family usually descends on her house for the last swim in the pool of the season. Most of my friends will likely be out of town that weekend too.

Mochagirl
May 1st, 2012, 12:34 PM
Oh, and yes - thanks for the good luck on the scan. I'm still scared they're going to find a penis! :nails: The worst part is I'll have to wait until the very end of the hour long scan before I find out!

zanacal
May 1st, 2012, 04:29 PM
An hour long scan - blimey! You won't see anything during that time? What an ordeal!

I'm going to go and ask my neighbour to be a backup for collecting the boys from school I think - but the boys don't know her that well (nor do I really!) so it's not ideal. I just don't have many options, especially because most mums at the school already have more than one child and couldn't fit carseats for 2 more in their car (let alone the logistics of getting the carseats to them!). It's so complicated!

Mochagirl
May 1st, 2012, 04:43 PM
Yeah - it'll be almost an hour of staring at the ceiling tiles while she silently scans me, then in the last 5 minutes or so they show you your baby and send you home with a shot or two they took during the exam.

Yes, it definitely is more complicated now that we have so many little ones. I sometimes wish I could do a homebirth since it would be sooo much easier to make sure the kids get taken care of!

DoulaMama
May 1st, 2012, 07:38 PM
Thank you all SOOOO much!! We are so thrilled to have her Earthside!!

My hubby's reaction was more relief than excitement!! LOL! He was really excited to announce to the room that we had a girl:) My oldest son screamed " Yay!! I finally have a sister!!" It made me cry:) I've been trying to take it really easy this time as I know I'll be on my feet constantly in 2 weeks, so I've stay off the computer and just go on FB on my iphone periodically to post photos. I'll try my best to get a pic on here in the next day:) Plus the birth story... :D take care everyone!! xoxo

Myloves
May 2nd, 2012, 12:04 AM
Thank you all SOOOO much!! We are so thrilled to have her Earthside!!

My hubby's reaction was more relief than excitement!! LOL! He was really excited to announce to the room that we had a girl:) My oldest son screamed " Yay!! I finally have a sister!!" It made me cry:) I've been trying to take it really easy this time as I know I'll be on my feet constantly in 2 weeks, so I've stay off the computer and just go on FB on my iphone periodically to post photos. I'll try my best to get a pic on here in the next day:) Plus the birth story... :D take care everyone!! xoxo

Aw, this is so sweet. My first boy was thrilled when he saw DD too! I remember when we home from the hospital and he kept showing off to family and friends that he 'had a cute baby sister' :HH: Can't wait to hear the birth story!

zanacal
May 2nd, 2012, 04:58 AM
It's wonderful to hear from you Doula. I can't get over how beautiful Felina is - those big brothers are going to be so protective of her! Now get back to that babymoon :D

Mocha - I wish DS2's homebirth hadn't ended with him being so poorly because I'd have had them all at home after that otherwise. The midwives all assume I'll be wanting a homebirth (they're very popular in my town) and if they haven't already heard the story I have to explain and at the same time I feel sad that I can't do it. There's an incredibly high chance that everything would be fine and childcare wouldn't be an issue at all but we (and particularly DH) just couldn't do it because it would be too scary knowing what happened last time and we're also a long way from hospital here. I'm hoping my little madam is going to co-operate and decide to make her appearance on a Saturday or some other convenient time!

My DS1 is being incredibly clingy at the moment. He talks about the baby all the time. It's very sweet and he says things like 'my tummy feels funny because I'm going to have a baby sister soon' and 'I really love Eliza, I can't wait for her to come' and he says hello and goodbye to her before he even speaks to me. But I'm having such difficulty getting him to go in to school, he just wants to stay at home with me and it takes forever to peel him off me. I've asked him if he's worried and he says no. He's such a sensitive boy though that I'm sure there must be something of that in it - he knows that the baby is due in May and of course now it's May so it's constantly on his little mind.

37 weeks today - woo hoo!

Good luck again Mocha :D

auroara78
May 2nd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Oh, Zana, what a sweet DS1 you have :) My DS1 is a clinger too sometimes, but he is so sweet and loving, I couldn't imagine it any other way. I told my DH if I could have cloned two more of DS1 i would have, haha! He was such an easy little baby , so happy and big smiles all the time, and my DS2 is the one filled with mischief! He doesn't smile easily, his smiles are tricky, like he's trying to sneak something by you all the time! I wonder how our DD will be; if she'll be sweet and mellow like DS1 or a firecracker like DS2...probably just her own little entity!

Those that had sons then DDs, were you anxious to see what your DD looked like? Did she look like what you thought she'd look like or way different? Resemble your sons in anyway? Just curious!