PDA

View Full Version : Genesis 1st Cycle ET done

niceguyeddie
April 18th, 2012, 04:02 AM
Hi
Our experience.
16 eggs collected 11 fertilised.
1 grade B blast & 2 grade bc approaching blasts replaced all males.

Wife 27 no issues.
Me 32 no issues.

Savas has given us 50% chance of success, I don't hold that much hope to be honest.

No argument about the care and clinic it is good and Savas a good Dr.

My only concern was that he knew we had PCO hence his argument about not best quality eggs, he recommended us a medication to help overcome this and produce better eggs which we feel he should have done prior to this treatment as he knew about our PCO.

It is not easy paying for all this plus both of us taking time off work.

My question has anyone been BFP with above blast quality?

lisvna
April 18th, 2012, 05:23 AM
I think I got this morning a faint line on my test so I think I tested positive....it's only 7 days past 5 day transfer so I have to wait for blood test.

nuthinbutpink
April 18th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Yes. We've had pregnancies from pre blast embryos on here. At 27, you guys have a great chance!

He did not test for insulin resistance? No metformin? With PCOS, if this doesn't work at least you know how to correct things next time. Yes, he should have done this before the cycle.

niceguyeddie
April 18th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Lisvna congratulations.

Nuthinbutpink he described the difference between PCO & PCOS we do not have PCOS as this is on top of cysts on ovaries but the PCOS (Syndrome) in addition is acne, obesity, facial hair and several other affects which we don't have.

The way around PCO is for us to take glucophage twice a day this he says will improve quality of eggs two fold, my query was that this should have been done prior.

I wasn't filled with confidence to be honest hence him giving us a 50% chance of success.

I have the embryo pictures is there an embryologist on these forums to get there opinion?

nuthinbutpink
April 18th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Yes there is an embryologist in the Ask the Experts Section- Dr Carole Wegner. You have to be a Dream Member to post there- you can read but to post requires a membership.

If your wife has the symptoms, then insulin testing is recommended because it can definitely have an effect on egg quality and you are correct in that you must be on the meds some time before the cycle. I don't know why he didn't do that for you before.

You guys are not out of the game yet! You made blasts and that is a very good thing.

nuthinbutpink
April 18th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Here is Carole's forum- Inside the Lab (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/inside-lab/)

lisvna
April 18th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Did you asked him why he didn't do it in front? What did he say about that?

glory
April 19th, 2012, 08:05 AM
If the chance is a real chance (I think a lot of doctors just pull a number out of the air) it is a really good one for the type of testing you guys had. You won't get better than 50% with FISH.

3 normals in any cycle is fantastic! I know the grade has you concerned but I see far more b/c graded embys become babies rather than grade 1 ones.

Please keep us updated, everyone needs this info to make decisions later on.

stargazer
April 22nd, 2012, 10:50 AM
Nice guy Eddie hope u don't mind me butting in but do u have an update? Fx for good news!

niceguyeddie
April 27th, 2012, 03:12 AM
Sorry for the late reply guys, but thought I'd reply after testing it was a BFN 10p5dt, brown mucas yesterday night...? obviously gutted didn't think being this young we could fail

nuthinbutpink
April 29th, 2012, 09:25 AM
So sorry about the BFN niceguy. It could be the PCO and the need for metformin for some time before the cycle. You could consult with Dr Potter at HRC and get his take on things- he routinely does insulin resistence testing on patients, especially PCO patients because it can impact a cycle unfortunately.

niceguyeddie
April 30th, 2012, 05:21 PM
No worries, what is Dr Potters email?