Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pgd with GS- which method do you use?

Dear Dr. Braveman

I am writing this post in order to understand which method you use regarding IVF/Pgd with gender selection!

We are a married couple from Europe who want to do PGD with GS.
    We are already blessed with two healthy girls received naturally. We don`t have any infertility issues, but we are 34 (DW) and 37 ( DH)
    Moreover, we want to have a healthy boy for family balancing.

I read in an earlier post at this forum, named "Three princes cycle 1 Braverman: chemical",
    where a woman said that you don`t to day 5 biopsy with aCGH. You only recommended test for gender.
    However the post is from 2014 and I therefor wonder what you do today?
    It is very important to know that the baby is healthy, to have peace in my mind during the pregnancy.

I also read many woman are talking about immune tests.
    Is this something you normally recommend to do prior to the IVF or is this for couples who have problems with infertility? Why do they take this test?

At last, for how long time/ months do we need to book for pgd at your clinic? When I need to do the pre test and when i know the date for ER? We are planning to do this next summer. However it is to early to know exact week because of job. ( We need to take a long vacation!! )

Thank you.

Ask the Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaOmega View Post
    Dear Dr. Braveman

I am writing this post in order to understand which method you use regarding IVF/Pgd with gender selection!

We are a married couple from Europe who want to do PGD with GS.
    We are already blessed with two healthy girls received naturally. We don`t have any infertility issues, but we are 34 (DW) and 37 ( DH)
    Moreover, we want to have a healthy boy for family balancing.

I read in an earlier post at this forum, named "Three princes cycle 1 Braverman: chemical",
    where a woman said that you don`t to day 5 biopsy with aCGH. You only recommended test for gender.
    However the post is from 2014 and I therefor wonder what you do today?
    It is very important to know that the baby is healthy, to have peace in my mind during the pregnancy.

I also read many woman are talking about immune tests.
    Is this something you normally recommend to do prior to the IVF or is this for couples who have problems with infertility? Why do they take this test?

At last, for how long time/ months do we need to book for pgd at your clinic? When I need to do the pre test and when i know the date for ER? We are planning to do this next summer. However it is to early to know exact week because of job. ( We need to take a long vacation!! )
    you do not need immune testing for routine gender selection .

Thank you.
    Yes we of course will do full aCGH , my concern is that many abnormal results still make normal babies so not great for those having trouble conceiving. For those doing gender I do understand the desire and as long as my patients understand these problems we offer this for all. You do not need special preparation prior to IVF. You can monitor your cycle in Europe as most of our patients do , then come here for about one week to complete the process. For additional information on cost and lodging please email Jlawrence@reproductiveimmunology.com and for protocol, testing needed etc. please email stavares@reproductiveimmunology.com (Sandra is our overseas coordinator)
    Dr. Braverman, Founder and Medical Director at Braverman Reproductive Immunology, New York
    www.preventmiscarriage.com
    @BravermanReprod

3. Thanks perhaps thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your answer! Thats good to know

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear all,

I read dr braverman's reply. I have had 8 embryos to testing over a number of cycles. One came back with "suspected* loss of chromosome 22 & one biopsy gave a No result. This could possibly have resulted in 2 babies. Would it therefore be totally stupid to test only for gender as recommended? I dont know If i am totally missing the point?
    Thanks

6. Thanks 3Bunnies thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You could certainly just test for gender or to be hoenst do FISH 5 probe - Gender, Edward's, Downs's and Tuner's, BUT it won't increase the chances of succesful pregnancy, which full testing will. However it could certainly increase your chances of a transfer but it could end in BFN or worse still a m/c which is what I had wtih a FISH tested embie and that was VERY hard after the emotional rollercoaster of HT. Good luck x

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thx yes i understand what you are saying. Having had a full tested embryo transfered and a bfn it is all a little exhausting!! X

Ask the Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Again my concern , and we have just published a paper on this, that embryos deemed to be abnormal by PGD/ CGH many times make normal babies. It is a plus to know that a PGD normal embryo has been transferred and some are ok losing a few embryos to assure this, but at a minimum they must be educated about the false abnormals and risk of discarding embryos that many times have been shown still produce normal babies.
    Dr. Braverman, Founder and Medical Director at Braverman Reproductive Immunology, New York
    @BravermanReprod

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for this. I wasn't aware of this. I don't "have" embryos to loose as i am a low responder. In this case would fish testing gender only be a stupid idea?

Thanks for your input

11. Likes Darsy liked this post
    Ask the Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no not at all that is what I recommend for those that desire family balancing. but if gender is not a "big" issue with you I would not test at all.
    @BravermanReprod

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a strong preference for a girl. I know that fish is accurate in regards to gender. My only concern is further weakening an embryo for day 3 testing Do you have any thoughts on this?
    Also would it be possible to read the paper you have just published? Thanks

14. Likes Darsy liked this post