Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Scandinavia/northern Europe - any success?

Dear dr. Braverman.
    We are a norwegian couple with two wonderful boys (conceived naturally), who are longing for a baby sister for them. However, family balancing is both illegal and VERY contoversial in Norway, and I think it would be difficult to find a local gynecologist that we can be open with about the reason for why we want to do IVF. Is this a problem that you have met before? What are the options then? We could find the opportunity for a longer vacation, and do at least some of the process in the states. The medications wouldn't be a big problem, as I am a physician myself, however, the necessary scans would of course be difficult (I guess I can make up a story of some sort, however, is it necessary for the gynecologist to communicate directly with you, or can it all go through me?). Have you ever worked with couples from scandinavia or other countries in western Europe that are conservative regarding this? Or is this an impossible dream for us, that we should work to try to forget?

Ask the Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinepal View Post
    Dear dr. Braverman.
    We are a norwegian couple with two wonderful boys (conceived naturally), who are longing for a baby sister for them. However, family balancing is both illegal and VERY contoversial in Norway, and I think it would be difficult to find a local gynecologist that we can be open with about the reason for why we want to do IVF. Is this a problem that you have met before? What are the options then? We could find the opportunity for a longer vacation, and do at least some of the process in the states. The medications wouldn't be a big problem, as I am a physician myself, however, the necessary scans would of course be difficult (I guess I can make up a story of some sort, however, is it necessary for the gynecologist to communicate directly with you, or can it all go through me?). Have you ever worked with couples from scandinavia or other countries in western Europe that are conservative regarding this? Or is this an impossible dream for us, that we should work to try to forget?
    Yes we work with many patients from overseas for family balancing. Please email Kim at KDieppa@reproductiveimmunology.com and she will schedule a free consult so we can review your case in detail.
    Dr. Braverman, Founder and Medical Director at Braverman Reproductive Immunology, New York
    www.preventmiscarriage.com
    @BravermanReprod