Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Egg quality issues under 30?

Hi Dr. Braverman,

I just filled out your patient questionnaire and requested a consult and am anxiously awaiting a phone consult with you.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if you've seen a lot of women under 30 with RPL have the reason for their losses be egg quality issues, or if it is actually the immune issue you tackle? My current RE mentioned talking with you to me, but that she had seen women "like me" who are in their 20s, have all normal results from RPL panel and ultrasounds and so on, and when they pursue IVF with PGS they discover it was an egg quality issue all along.

I have conceived naturally once and had a live birth, but all conceptions since have been some form of loss. My husband is in his late 30s and had a "normal" semen analysis thought the andrologist thought some things were amiss (like abnormal motility, agglutination, consistent head issues in the abnormal morphology, etc.). My AMH, FSH, AFC, and so on were normal, and I was even told my AFC was "very, very good." No PCOS or prolactin issues, as well. I did have normal prolactin despite still breastfeeding when I had my levels checked, if that's worthy of note.

I've read from some of your former patients that they were told by their REs as well that it was an "egg issue" before finally discovering it was immune related after seeing you. I guess I'm just wondering if you do legitimately find some younger women to still have egg quality issues in the end.

Sorry for the long question. Thank you!

Ask the Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Hi Dr. Braverman,

I just filled out your patient questionnaire and requested a consult and am anxiously awaiting a phone consult with you.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if you've seen a lot of women under 30 with RPL have the reason for their losses be egg quality issues, or if it is actually the immune issue you tackle? My current RE mentioned talking with you to me, but that she had seen women "like me" who are in their 20s, have all normal results from RPL panel and ultrasounds and so on, and when they pursue IVF with PGS they discover it was an egg quality issue all along.

I have conceived naturally once and had a live birth, but all conceptions since have been some form of loss. My husband is in his late 30s and had a "normal" semen analysis thought the andrologist thought some things were amiss (like abnormal motility, agglutination, consistent head issues in the abnormal morphology, etc.). My AMH, FSH, AFC, and so on were normal, and I was even told my AFC was "very, very good." No PCOS or prolactin issues, as well. I did have normal prolactin despite still breastfeeding when I had my levels checked, if that's worthy of note.

I've read from some of your former patients that they were told by their REs as well that it was an "egg issue" before finally discovering it was immune related after seeing you. I guess I'm just wondering if you do legitimately find some younger women to still have egg quality issues in the end.

Sorry for the long question. Thank you!
    The issue that is missed all the time is that immune issues CAUSE the problem with egg quality in young women and most of the times this can be corrected. Most workups fail to understand how to look for the issues we do here . Please look up CRACS on my search routine on my website and read all the links that should explain quite a bit. The immune issues when treated correctly help to correct egg quality as well as implantation and successful pregnancies.
    Dr. Braverman, Founder and Medical Director at Braverman Reproductive Immunology, New York
    www.preventmiscarriage.com
    @BravermanReprod

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your response, I will look right into it!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As a followup, if I've had extensive testing show no endometriosis or PCOS, do you maintain I still can have those causing egg quality or is there still some other factor out there?