Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Frozen MS Sperm Shipped From Mexico?

Hi Dr. Potter
    We are planning on cycling soon with you

I have heard some conflicting information regarding whether or not one would be able to use frozen Microsort sperm from Mexico. Some sources have said yes it is possible and I have also heard from MS that they are waiting to hear more on this and couldnt give me a definitive answer.

If it were possible, what are your thoughts on this? I know going to Mexico isnt the "ideal" situation and most are quite hesitant to do this, but I know many in the past have had great success with using Microsort when it was available in the states.

Thanks so much!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. Many of us are waiting to find out the answer to this. I asked one of the nurse coordinators and she had no idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaG1 View Post
    Hi Dr. Potter
    We are planning on cycling soon with you

I have heard some conflicting information regarding whether or not one would be able to use frozen Microsort sperm from Mexico. Some sources have said yes it is possible and I have also heard from MS that they are waiting to hear more on this and couldnt give me a definitive answer.

If it were possible, what are your thoughts on this? I know going to Mexico isnt the "ideal" situation and most are quite hesitant to do this, but I know many in the past have had great success with using Microsort when it was available in the states.

Thanks so much!
    I think that the FDA would come down very hard on any clinic that used MicroSort sperm in the US whether it was from Mexico or not. I think that your only hope would be to transfer the sperm to a US sperm bank for storage and then to a clinic without telling the clinic that it was MicroSorted. The FDA has rules about using non-approved devices and tissue based treatments. These rules are enforced with significant sanctions against clinics and clinicians that violate them.
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    Medical Director, HRC Fertility Newport Beach, California
    Laboratory Director, Natera (formerly Gene Security Network)
    http://www.amazon.com/What-When-You-...keywords=hanin
    http://www.danielapottermd.com
    @ivfgenderselect

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear Dr. Potter,

I am sure nobody would want to get the clinic they are cycling with into trouble. So if the patient does not tell the clinic anything about the sperm being MicroSorted, and the FDA somehow finds out that the clinic used this MicroSorted sperm - is the clinic getting into trouble although they did not know anything about that?
    2008 (IUI) and
    2010 (IUI)

so much for a or
    1st cycle at **** in October 2012 - ER on 10/13: 25 eggs retrieved, 21 fertilized, 11 went to biopsy:
    9 abnormal xy, 1 abnormal xx, 1 normal xy and NO healthy girls

Now planning to go to Dr. Potter in fall 2013. Sooo looking forward to it!

Cannot believe it! Holding a positive pregnancy test in my hands on 1/7/13. Just like that, no help at all. Hoping and praying so hard for a
    18 week scan says it really is a

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How would the clinic even know? All they would see is an uncanny rate of one gender, it probably happens in real life from time to time. No biggie.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There has to be a chain of custody from what I understand. You cannot walk into a clinic and say here's my sperm.

I think it would have to go to a cryobank first and then to the clinic but I'm not aware of all the risks to you or the clinics.
    Last edited by nuthinbutpink; January 4th, 2013 at 04:35 PM.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's something we would definitely do if possible. I had two XY last cycle and we are ttc XX.
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by vickyaust View Post
    It's something we would definitely do if possible. I had two XY last cycle and we are ttc XX.
    We have apparently had a few couples that have done this so far.
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    Medical Director, HRC Fertility Newport Beach, California
    Laboratory Director, Natera (formerly Gene Security Network)
    http://www.amazon.com/What-When-You-...keywords=hanin
    http://www.danielapottermd.com
    @ivfgenderselect