Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

24 SURE Single Embryo transfer

Selecting IVF Embryos for Normal Numbers of Chromosomes Can Significantly Increase Pregnancy Rates - Yahoo! News

Hi Dr. Potter,

I am aware that you find that day 3 is better to do PGD. I have been reading & found this trial that was done on 24share & the success is 20% higher on single embryo transfer. This article says that a single embryo transfer is 60% if tested on day 5 bio & the chances of getting pregnant vrs a day 3 bio is 20% lower for a single embryo transfer. I am only going to be transferring one embryo so I want to transfer the embryo that will have the highest implantation success. You had said that this information was false that PGD is better to test on day 3. This article states that they believe that there will be less miscarriages & more results with pregnancies and they see this being the only way to test PGD in the upcoming future & that ACGH will be the only test for PGD. I want to know your thoughts on this company & their findings? I know Reprogentics which is huge lab on the East Coast is running a new clinical trial with 24sure & many of the top IVF companies on the East Coast will participate in the 24share study with Reprogentic vendors. I am very confused since you said that you only think this test should be done on day 3 for PGD. Are you saying that the above study is false or is their is some truth to what this company BlueGnome is finding? It seems to me that this is all very new information and is on the cutting edge of new technology. Thank you so much & if you can share some insight of what you think 24share is finding & your beliefs on 24sure, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just read your other post, Ok so confusing, so i just read this before I just posted. Do you feel that GSN is better to test on Day 5 or Day 3? You are saying that GSN can test for more than acGH can? And, do you feel that GSN has a higher implantation rate then acgh does? Is acgh (24 sure) & GSN is Natura? You feel that GSN has the same single embryo transfer success as 24sure does on day 5? They say on day 5 that the embryo you are able to test 5 cells vrs one. Which day do you recommend that GSN be tested on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Day 3 Natera IVF PGD vs. day 5 aCGH

Quote Originally Posted by GT77 View Post
    I just read your other post, Ok so confusing, so i just read this before I just posted. Do you feel that GSN is better to test on Day 5 or Day 3? You are saying that GSN can test for more than acGH can? And, do you feel that GSN has a higher implantation rate then acgh does? Is acgh (24 sure) & GSN is Natura? You feel that GSN has the same single embryo transfer success as 24sure does on day 5? They say on day 5 that the embryo you are able to test 5 cells vrs one. Which day do you recommend that GSN be tested on?
    The study that you quote used aCGH which is not accurate on day three. That is why the implantation rate that they report for day three is not better at all than is seen doing no PGD at all with single embryo transfer in similar patients. We are already getting higher pregnancy rates with Natera-Day 3 single embryo transfer (72%) than they are getting with day 5 aCGH. Natera (GSN) is currently only available for fresh transfer with day 3 biopsy. It will be available for day 5 biopsy in the future. Presently I believe that day 3 Natera is superior to day 5 aCGH. I think that day 5 Natera will be superior to day 3 Natera once it is available for fresh transfer. Presently the freezing/thawing process is necessary for day 5 Natera and this adds inefficiency and inconvenience to the process that does not justify day 5 Natera at this time in most cases.
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    Medical Director, HRC Fertility Newport Beach, California
    Laboratory Director, Natera (formerly Gene Security Network)
    http://www.amazon.com/What-When-You-...keywords=hanin
    http://www.danielapottermd.com
    @ivfgenderselect

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you saying that the above study is false or is their is some truth to what this company BlueGnome is finding? It seems to me that this is all very new information and is on the cutting edge of new technology. Thank you so much & if you can share some insight of what you think 24share is finding & your beliefs on 24sure, I would greatly appreciate it.
    I do not think that the information is false only misleading. Like many studies, the authors mistook association for causation and did not have a control group with no PGD. If they had, they would have to explain why Day 3 PGD is worse than doing nothing. It simply proves that this technology (aCGH) does not work well with day three biopsy. The technology that Blue Gnome offers makes day 5 aCGH viable, greatly improving accuracy seen with regular CGH. Blue Gnome technology (i.e. using array chips) is the same technology that Natera has always used so this is not new to us. It is all new information though in that we are all just now getting enough data to publish. It is a developing area to be sure but when the smoke clears, the advantages of the Natera approach will be clear in my opinion.
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    @ivfgenderselect

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What if I don't need it for a gene disorder, how else is GSN better than Acgh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Selecting IVF Embryos for Normal Numbers of Chromosomes Can Significantly Increase Pregnancy Rates - Yahoo! News

Hi Dr. Potter,

I am aware that you find that day 3 is better to do PGD. I have been reading & found this trial that was done on 24share & the success is 20% higher on single embryo transfer. This article says that a single embryo transfer is 60% if tested on day 5 bio & the chances of getting pregnant vrs a day 3 bio is 20% lower for a single embryo transfer. I am only going to be transferring one embryo so I want to transfer the embryo that will have the highest implantation success. You had said that this information was false that PGD is better to test on day 3. This article states that they believe that there will be less miscarriages & more results with pregnancies and they see this being the only way to test PGD in the upcoming future & that ACGH will be the only test for PGD. I want to know your thoughts on this company & their findings? I know Reprogentics which is huge lab on the East Coast is running a new clinical trial with 24sure & many of the top IVF companies on the East Coast will participate in the 24share study with Reprogentic vendors. I am very confused since you said that you only think this test should be done on day 3 for PGD. Are you saying that the above study is false or is their is some truth to what this company BlueGnome is finding? It seems to me that this is all very new information and is on the cutting edge of new technology. Thank you so much & if you can share some insight of what you think 24share is finding & your beliefs on 24sure, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!
    I am not saying that the study is false, only misleading. Their technology is very good on day 5. Their technology does not work on day 3 so to compare it on day 3 when it does not work to day 5 when it does is disingenuous. The inclusion criteria also introduced bias. I am not saying any of this is intentional on their part but it is sloppy. We get a 70% pregnancy rate with SET after day 3 Natera. I think day 5 using aCGH is very good but the nature of the technology is that it does not provide as much information as Natera. Day 5 Natera (coming soon) will demonstrate this.
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    @ivfgenderselect

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What if I don't need it for a gene disorder, how else is GSN better than Acgh?
    It detects uniparental disomy (e.g. 2 of chromosome 10 from the dad), it detects deletion duplication errors, it detects triploidy (e.g. 69xxx), it confirms that the sperm and egg used were from the intended parents that provided the blood or bucal specimens. aCGH does not do any of this.
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    @ivfgenderselect

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You mean day 3 for only gender selection is better.
    2006 2009 2011 looking for twin boys

2009 cycle# 1long protcol, 13 RE, 7 mature, 5 fertilized, 3 to PGD, all girls No transfer ):

2010 Cycle #2, short protcol, Gonal F RE 17, mature 13, 7 to PGD, 5 XX, 1 XY , 1 not known.

2010 Augest normal pregenacy with other girls born on june 2011

Cycle# 3 May, 2012, short protcol, 450 IU gonal F, 11 RE, only three mature and one fertilized, NT

Cycle#4 September, 2012, IVF mid in MI with Dr. Shamma, gainerlix protocol only 4 fertilized, 4 to PGD, 3 normal girls and one abnormal girl!!!

Cycle #5 December2012, DR. Potter at HRC 6 follicles, reduced to 4 after 7 days of stimulation!! CANCELED!!!

Cycle # 6 January 2013, Dr: Potter. Antagonist protocol with Growth hormone,2 mature, Bancking

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lana2020 View Post
    You mean day 3 for only gender selection is better.
    Simply saying that Natera is better than aCGH for gender. Some labs are doing addition pcr for Y chromosome to make up for this
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    @ivfgenderselect