Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wanting to head to HRC to get my previously frozen embryos PGD tested

Hi Dr Potter

Thank you in advance for reading and (hopefully) replying to my email!

I undertook an IVF cycle in 2012 (when I was 32) which resulted in my eldest son and five other frozen embryos (4 are 5 blastocysts and 1 is a day 6 blastocyst). We have been lucky enough to fall pregnant naturally with two other children but we would like to have a fourth child and I want to use one of our frozen embryos for that and would like to have them PGD tested to try and get a girl.

I just have a couple of questions if that is ok. I do not wish to undertake a further IVF cycle and just want to test the five frozen embryos that we currently have. Is it possible to get these shipped to your clinic for testing now and then arrange a transfer (if we are lucky to have an embryo to transfer) at a later stage in the year? ie a two staged process?

Can you confirm what type of testing you will do on the embryo? And given my request above, are you able to thaw, test and refreeze the embryos? Do you foresee any issues with this? This would obviously avoid us travelling over for a transfer where we might not have any embryos and also will allow us to know if we have any embryos to transfer as soon as possible, even months in advance of a transfer date

Thanks in advance for your reply
    Claire

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PS Given I wont be undertaking a fresh IVF cycle and just doing a transfer, can you also advise what pre testing would be required from me if anything?

Thanks again
    Claire

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerscrossed22!!! View Post
    PS Given I wont be undertaking a fresh IVF cycle and just doing a transfer, can you also advise what pre testing would be required from me if anything?

Thanks again
    Claire
    Hi there. Have you used the free consult request form? All of these questions would be answered during the consult!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I filled out the form quite a while back and still haven't heard anything. I contacted HRC directly and have scheduled a consult but its quite a way off.

Thanks though x