Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where to go for PGD?

Hi!

I'm back on this site after a failed sway. I have 2 beautifull boys now, the youngest only 3 months old.
    Still I can't let go of my dream of having a girl and would like to try PGD.
    Problem is I'm 39 and my husband is still in doubt. If he would do PGD it would be for me.
    I'm looking into clinics now and already knew I can go to Cyprus and do all my checks here in the netherlands with Bert van Delen.
    After a phone call with him I came back to genderdreaming.com and I see that not everybody is happy with Genesis. I just read that a few of the members here are also having problems with Czech republic because the dr. won't tell the gender.
    So now I'm thinking about USA. Also Thailand would be an option because my husband would love to go on a holiday there.
    What do you girls, with all your experience think? Where should I go to have the best chance for a baby girl?
    And what are the costs?

(Sorry for my dutch profile name. Just call me I wish... )

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dr potter (and his nurse Lori) is great, I cycled there in June.

Good luck xx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Kittybear,

So glad to hear that. Are you pregnant now or still cycling?
    Can you tell me how much it costs (aprox)

I love your quote: how strange it is to miss someone who never existed.
    Same here....

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had to have a fet as I had many eggs retrieved. My fet is planned for December. You can read my cycle stickie in the ht members current cycle section (costs, meds etc.) xx
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Kittybear.

What is a FED?
    I hope I wouldn't have to wait for so long because of my age. Feels like every month counts now I'm 39. Do you have to wait 6 months? Or is it by choice? Xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    FET = frozen embryo transfer.

It's my choice (and life necessity!) to wait for my transfer but dr potter does also do fresh transfer 5 days after retrieval.

You need to be 6 months post partum (pp), not breast feeding (bf), and have had at least 1 pp bleed to get your pretesting done. The dr then basis your protocol on this.

Xx
    2012 2014

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also went to dr potter and 6 months pregnant.

The prices went up in May just after I cycled so maybe someone else could give you his exact coat. All in all I think we spent $40 Australian dollars. That included a fet as my fresh transfer was cancelled due to my lining. Worth every dollar as I feel my son kick away.
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you girls.
    Kittybear:So some more waiting for me. Hope your dream will come true in december!
    Blueplease: congratulations!!! Enjoy your pregnancy!! 40 aus $? As in €27000?
    How many tries did you have?

9. Likes Kittybear liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went to Dr Potter in May for egg retrieval (ER) in May and I'm just home now after me FET so still waiting to find out if it's worked.

Pretesting cost me around £800. The ER cost $15600 including testing and freezing the embryos (and this includes the $1000 discount you get if you contact HRC via this forum). The meds and tests I needed before ER cost around £1300 (but that includes around £200 of acupuncture I think).

The FET cost $3500 and on top of that I paid around £900 in meds and £360 in pretesting.

Then on top of all that is flights and hotel accommodation. It's painfully eye watering to write it all down!!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi mrsE,

So exciting! Hope you get a BFP!!
    But that's a lot of money. Cyprus will cost me €9000, or €10000 with all chromosome testing. I prefer to go to USA, bit this is more then €20000, my husband will never agree ��

12. Likes MrsE liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast