Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

UK Couple exploring GS in US

Hi Dr Potter

Hope you are well

I have 2 boys who are 2 and 6 months and long for a girl.

I have researchd clinics in Cyprus and havent yet explored the states as if I am honest, the amount of travel required with 2 young children worries me. How many trips to the west coast do you think I need to assume? I know there is no science but is 4-6 a reasonable number?

I am 35yo, hubby is 41 yo, we have no known fertility issues. 2 quick conceptions and 2 healthy boys.

I have just stopped feeding my youngest so hope my period will return soon so I can get on with the pre testing.

Do you have any states on success rates at your clinic for ladies my ages using their own eggs?

Who can help me understand cost and which techniques you use?

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello, thank you for reaching out. We have many out of country patients so we have this question often. You can do pretesting and start meds and monitoring at home and then come to the states for a shorter time. The amount of time will depend on if you do a fresh transfer while you are here. Typically you would be here approximately 2 weeks. You can view our success rates on IVF Success Rates For Top IVF Clinics in the United States For 2015. I'd be happy to discuss your situation personally with you via phone or Skype so that I can get your medical information and give you an accurate protocol and timeline for you. I can also put you in touch with our financial coordinator who can go over costs.

I look forward to helping you complete your family.

Best,
    Dr. P
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    Medical Director, HRC Fertility Newport Beach, California
    Laboratory Director, Natera (formerly Gene Security Network)
    http://www.amazon.com/What-When-You-...keywords=hanin
    http://www.danielapottermd.com
    @ivfgenderselect

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your prompt reply Dr Potter.

I guess I would want to weigh up with you what you recommend eg fresh or FET?

Im swaying to FET as I think it gives the body time to recover from the meds, allowed fuller testing and will also reduce the time I need to be in the US albeit I understand I will need to fly back for an FET but childcare is an issue.

I would love to chat to you about my personal case but I am thinking that it would be better to wait until I have my pre test results as our conversation can be more meaningful.

I have just stopped breastfeeding so am waiting for my period to return. I plan to test my prolactin levels during my first cycle and then if they are normal to do the pre testing on my second cycle - does this sound sensible to you?

For now, I plan to do the following tests:
    FSH, LH, Oestrdiol and Prolactin
    TSH and fT4
    US of uterus and ovaries on day 2 or 3 of cycle
    Sperm Analysis (husand, not me!!)

Please let me know if these do not meet your expectations ahead of our eventual call.

Thank you in advance,
    Mummy 81

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Potter View Post
    Hello, thank you for reaching out. We have many out of country patients so we have this question often. You can do pretesting and start meds and monitoring at home and then come to the states for a shorter time. The amount of time will depend on if you do a fresh transfer while you are here. Typically you would be here approximately 2 weeks. You can view our success rates on IVF Success Rates For Top IVF Clinics in the United States For 2015. I'd be happy to discuss your situation personally with you via phone or Skype so that I can get your medical information and give you an accurate protocol and timeline for you. I can also put you in touch with our financial coordinator who can go over costs.

I look forward to helping you complete your family.

Best,
    Dr. P