Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumma100y View Post
    Thank you so much for all your advice and links! I really must just take the time and study it all. Is there a place that I can find all the abbreviations? I'm getting confused by them! I've not spoken to my husband about any of this as I'm worried he'll think I'm mad, he doesn't even want to have anymore as he's happy with his boys. Just wish I could (sounds so awful doesn't it!) do you think these methods really work or is it really just 50 50? Thanks again!
    Yes, they really work. They are not a guarantee, but our blue swayers get between 70-80% consistently and our pink swayers get between 65-75% (depending on sway tactics used) So for some of us who have a blue-friendly lifestyle to start with, we may be coming into swaying with as much as 80% chance at another boy, and even if we get to 65% chance of pink that is HUGE!! and if you're able to do things like exercise that have higher than 65% then you may have even better odds.

Honestly after 4 boys over 20+years, I was like "Lord, get me to 50-50 and I will take the flip of the coin at that point" LOL
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumma100y View Post
    I've really only just begun looking swaying and shettles was the first thing I stumbled upon! It seems confusing at the moment! I'm not really keen on using ovulation tests or following a specific diet. I guess part of me is worried that if I follow a swaying method 100 per cent will I be disappointed if the gender is different? I'm only charting my ovulation by monitoring the discharge (sorry if tmi!) I was thinking of trying for the baby every other day from the last day of my period to just before I get the ultra fertile egg white discharge? My boys we're conceived when I was at this super fertile stage but your saying to only try once in this fertile window? Sorry for all my questions!
    Every other day probably sways strongly blue for reasons we can only guess at. WE really don't know why one attempt sways but it sure seems to.

If you don't want to be fussed with OPK and one attempt, that's cool. We have a different way to do it which has gotten great resulst for us. Just DTD unprotected every 4 days starting after AF and going until you are 100% certain you have ovuated. This ends up being one functional attempt in the fertile window and as it sits right now is at 75% success

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do urge you to at least look over the LE Diet because you can make just a few easy changes (you don't need to do the diet full on for it to have some effect) and still really help your sway a lot.

You have to understand that our stats on e4d and stuff like that are all in people doing diet. So you shouldn't expect that good of a response without at least making some diet changes.

6. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Diet is the strongest sway factor we know of so definitely do the LE as much as you can. Daily cardio exercise for at least an hour, Clomid/Femara and one attempt are also getting great results. Most of us are eating fibre before fatty/nutritious meals and drinking coffee & alcohol.

Any changes you make will sway pink for you.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

8. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, you are 110% right on that and luckily Shettles has been totally debunked anyway! Full story here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

Most of us on this site have 2-3-4 or more Shettles opposites. WE are getting best results for pink by having one attempt the day before ovulation or at positive OPK (and NOT because the day you DTD sways, it is just a good point in time for conception with that one attempt.) For reasons we can only guess at, number of attempts sways, timing does not.

Hi and welcome by the way!
    Thank you! Yes I've only just really stumbled upon all of this! Still getting my head round it all. This will sound a stupid question but you say to try and conceive one day before ovulation but how can I be that precise? I'm worried that at 35 my chances of conceiving at all let alone pink are drastically reducing!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only way I've been sure I'm at my most fertile is by monitoring my discharge, both boys were conceived when I had the extra fertile egg white type discharge, (apologies if tmi but I don't know how else to explain!) so to sway pink we need to try to conceive BEFORE I get this discharge?? Is that right?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please don't use CM to determine O, it's unreliable. When atomic mention s BDing the day before O, she means using OPKs then BDing the same day you get your first positive. For most women on average, that will end up being the day before O and often, but not always, a day of EWCM if you get visible EWCM (which you may not on the diet).

But the timing or type if CM when you attempt is NOT what matters. The goal is to have one attempt in your fertile period, ideally not too far before O so odds of conception are good. That is why BD every 4 days is the next best method, as it achieves the same result. OPKs are the best way to time a single BD attempt effectively, but it won't always end up being the day before O as there is some variation in how long O happens after your first positive OPK.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @Mumma100y: Don't apologize -- EWCM is an actual terminology to describe generally fertile cervical mucous/discharge, haha!

Adding in my two cents on timing: Echoing diet being important. We just wanted to get pregnant, and I didn't know about swaying when I did -- we had sex, according to my Ovia fertility app and by cervical mucous -- 3-4 times within my fertile window. Right at the beginning (with no ejaculation, but possible precum), then both days following this, then the "last" day. Based on Shettles, and even Whelan to an extent, this may have been more boy "timing" -- yet I'm having a girl. My lifestyle was extremely girl-friendly/LE.

Once you get into seeing the little things that can sway one way or the other, you'll see that timing almost always seems to be the LAST thing that may have made a difference.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I've seen that clear blue do OPK that tells you your 4 most fertile days so when swaying pink do you attempt to conceive every night of these four days??? Soooo confused!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast