Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumma100y View Post
    Thank you! Yes I've only just really stumbled upon all of this! Still getting my head round it all. This will sound a stupid question but you say to try and conceive one day before ovulation but how can I be that precise? I'm worried that at 35 my chances of conceiving at all let alone pink are drastically reducing!
    That is why we use the OPK. If your cycle is not regular you will still have a hormone surge about 36 hours before ovulation that will be detected by an OPK test and then you'll know to DTD then. Or, if you prefer, you can just try one day before you expect O if you're regular. whichever works for you.

Please don't overthink being 35. So many of us have been thrown into a panic by these dire reports on waning fertility over 35 that we have been afraid to sway. But I'll tell you my story, which is that I thought I had to do all this stuff to get pregnant at 37 and got pg in 2 months with my 3rd boy, then I thought I surely had to do all this stuff to get pregnant at 39 and got pg in 1 month with my 4th boy, and then at 41 I did nothing to help my fertility in any way and got pg in 6 months (which is still normal time range) with a girl. It is not the way that the media makes it out to be and you can read a full scientific debunking here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/late...d-article.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I've seen that clear blue do OPK that tells you your 4 most fertile days so when swaying pink do you attempt to conceive every night of these four days??? Soooo confused!
    Only ONCE in that fertile time. I answerd this in more detail in your other post.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only way I've been sure I'm at my most fertile is by monitoring my discharge, both boys were conceived when I had the extra fertile egg white type discharge, (apologies if tmi but I don't know how else to explain!) so to sway pink we need to try to conceive BEFORE I get this discharge?? Is that right?
    EWCM is totally unreliable. I have gotten it as early as CD 3 and in the month I got my daughter I had it for a couple days after ovulation. I think OPK are most reliable if you have irregular cycle or you can do the e4d method I mentioned in other post.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Only ONCE in that fertile time. I answerd this in more detail in your other post.

Thanks so much for your help and apologies for apparently posting this twice! Not sure what happened there. So is there a crucial time to dtd during that 4 day fertile period? Towards the start or end? Apologies again for my questions...still taking all this in! Thank you also for the age reassurance!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your help and apologies for apparently posting this twice! Not sure what happened there. So is there a crucial time to dtd during that 4 day fertile period? Towards the start or end? Apologies again for my questions...still taking all this in! Thank you also for the age reassurance!
    DTD every 4th day from after AF which will cover the crucial time. Welcome, and good luck! x

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnywabbit View Post
    DTD every 4th day from after AF which will cover the crucial time. Welcome, and good luck! x
    Thank you! I know this is a stupid question but what does AF mean? Still getting my head round these abbreviations ha ha! I've got an app on my phone called GLow, you enter when you have your period and daily logs including Cervical mucas, weight etc and it tells you your most fertile days? Should I trust this or stick to the OPK?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Please don't use CM to determine O, it's unreliable. When atomic mention s BDing the day before O, she means using OPKs then BDing the same day you get your first positive. For most women on average, that will end up being the day before O and often, but not always, a day of EWCM if you get visible EWCM (which you may not on the diet).

But the timing or type if CM when you attempt is NOT what matters. The goal is to have one attempt in your fertile period, ideally not too far before O so odds of conception are good. That is why BD every 4 days is the next best method, as it achieves the same result. OPKs are the best way to time a single BD attempt effectively, but it won't always end up being the day before O as there is some variation in how long O happens after your first positive OPK.
    I think you may have just answered my question that i posted in a new thread earlier today. So having EWCM when DTD (one attempt in fertile period) is ok?

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, unless it's a lot and you haven't been TTC or swaying for more than a few cycles.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! I know this is a stupid question but what does AF mean? Still getting my head round these abbreviations ha ha! I've got an app on my phone called GLow, you enter when you have your period and daily logs including Cervical mucas, weight etc and it tells you your most fertile days? Should I trust this or stick to the OPK?
    AF = "Aunt Flow" Otherwise known as your period.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    That is why we use the OPK. If your cycle is not regular you will still have a hormone surge about 36 hours before ovulation that will be detected by an OPK test and then you'll know to DTD then. Or, if you prefer, you can just try one day before you expect O if you're regular. whichever works for you.

Please don't overthink being 35. So many of us have been thrown into a panic by these dire reports on waning fertility over 35 that we have been afraid to sway. But I'll tell you my story, which is that I thought I had to do all this stuff to get pregnant at 37 and got pg in 2 months with my 3rd boy, then I thought I surely had to do all this stuff to get pregnant at 39 and got pg in 1 month with my 4th boy, and then at 41 I did nothing to help my fertility in any way and got pg in 6 months (which is still normal time range) with a girl. It is not the way that the media makes it out to be and you can read a full scientific debunking here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/late...d-article.html
    Didn't read the article, but I think Emily Oster covered it in "Expecting Better," as well -- chromosomal and genetic issues do make a slight uptick around 35 and over, but fertility in general is not actually affected. The belief on fertility over 30 and 35 actually is spawned from old census' on birth rates -- women were having kids much younger on average than today, so it was a reflection of what age women were having kids most frequently at and nothing more!

11. Likes maidentomother, atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast