Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Using shettles method but limited chance of conceiving?

I've recently been reading into the shettles method of swaying for a girl. I'm just a bit confused as essentially your having sex when your not at your most fertile eg before ovulation? So using this method will surely take ages to conceive???

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Shettles doesn't work. Best option for ttc a girl is one attempt in the fertile period by making your attempt at OPK+.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    Shettles doesn't work. Best option for ttc a girl is one attempt in the fertile period by making your attempt at OPK+.
    Sorry I'm new to all this, what does opk mean? So you only actively try just once a month? Not every other day as described in shettles? Soooo confusing!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Mumma

OPK = ovulation predictor kits

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OPK = ovulation predictor kit. They are the sticks you wee on to predict ovulation by detecting your LH (Luteinizing hormone) surge that comes about 24-36 hours before ovulation. If the test line is as dark or darker than the control line it is considered positive (different to pregnancy tests where any line is positive)

The stats from this site tend to be showing really good results for just one attempt in the fertile window. The fertile window is the 4 days before and including ovulation.

The other option that some are doing is BDing every 4 days. This option is good if you don't want the stress of using OPKs or have trouble getting a positive test.

Are you also looking at other sway factors like LE diet, no snacking and possibly skipping breakfast?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    OPK = ovulation predictor kit. They are the sticks you wee on to predict ovulation by detecting your LH (Luteinizing hormone) surge that comes about 24-36 hours before ovulation. If the test line is as dark or darker than the control line it is considered positive (different to pregnancy tests where any line is positive)

The stats from this site tend to be showing really good results for just one attempt in the fertile window. The fertile window is the 4 days before and including ovulation.

The other option that some are doing is BDing every 4 days. This option is good if you don't want the stress of using OPKs or have trouble getting a positive test.

Are you also looking at other sway factors like LE diet, no snacking and possibly skipping breakfast?

I've really only just begun looking swaying and shettles was the first thing I stumbled upon! It seems confusing at the moment! I'm not really keen on using ovulation tests or following a specific diet. I guess part of me is worried that if I follow a swaying method 100 per cent will I be disappointed if the gender is different? I'm only charting my ovulation by monitoring the discharge (sorry if tmi!) I was thinking of trying for the baby every other day from the last day of my period to just before I get the ultra fertile egg white discharge? My boys we're conceived when I was at this super fertile stage but your saying to only try once in this fertile window? Sorry for all my questions!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand not wanting to get too obsessed and "try too hard". I felt the same way that if I swayed too hard it would make it harder if I didn't get my girl. I'm still yet to find out how my sway went!

Have a quick read of some of the info if you have time
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ete-index.html

And also the LE Diet info. The diet is actually fairly easy to follow because you still eat mostly what you want but you just try to keep within some guidelines. If the diet is too hard then just try to stop snacking and stick to 2 or 3 meals a day (I did 3 but delayed my breakfast so I had a good 14-15 hour fast.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...-diet-faq.html

Making attempts every other day is fairly boy friendly (that's how I got my boys). I would suggest the every 4 days to start with if you don't want to try OPK's.

Here is the info on number of attempts for swaying
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...pink-blue.html

It is lots to take in! I have been an active member of this site now for about a year so I have my head around most of it but it did take some time.

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes marusia24l liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for all your advice and links! I really must just take the time and study it all. Is there a place that I can find all the abbreviations? I'm getting confused by them! I've not spoken to my husband about any of this as I'm worried he'll think I'm mad, he doesn't even want to have anymore as he's happy with his boys. Just wish I could (sounds so awful doesn't it!) do you think these methods really work or is it really just 50 50? Thanks again!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This will help with the abbreviations
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...n-Translation=

And here are the stats
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...tml#post756135

Current Stats (as of Feb 7, 2016)

Total sways: 388
    Total pink: 253
    Success %: 65.21%

Defiantly higher than 50% and it is probably getting better as it is learnt what works and what doesn't.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, you are 110% right on that and luckily Shettles has been totally debunked anyway! Full story here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

Most of us on this site have 2-3-4 or more Shettles opposites. WE are getting best results for pink by having one attempt the day before ovulation or at positive OPK (and NOT because the day you DTD sways, it is just a good point in time for conception with that one attempt.) For reasons we can only guess at, number of attempts sways, timing does not.

Hi and welcome by the way!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast