Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

my little girl won't take the bottle!

I'm nursing, but it's so hard to do all the time...she's just over 2 months now. Tried the breastflow bottle and it comes out too fast, she screams and ends up throwing everything up, poor baby! So, we're thinking of getting the nuk nipples and putting some formula in the dr. brown bottles. Just so I can get a bit of rest some nights with one or two bottles a day.

Anyone else experience this?
    = One little prince! (2008) and
    Two little princesses (2010) (2013) successful girl sways

(my chart) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/234f4a

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You just have to find one that fits her and she likes. She needs to have a slow flow one at 2 months. I always had luck with Dr Brown.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah, that's what I figured. The doctor recommended the breast flow kind when she was just 2 weeks old but she never took to it. Always have breastfead exclusively for the most part. So we're going to get the nuk nipples tomorrow. FX that she takes it!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only kind of bottle DS3 will take are the MAM bottles. They used to carry them at babiesrus but they no longer have them so you'd have to order them online at diapers.com or amazon (those are 2 places I know of that carry them, there are probably more) He just moved up to the medium flow level 2 nipples at 7 months. HTH!
    Mom to Sept. 04, April 08, ^i^ May 09 & April 10

Trying to convince DH to try for a tubal reversal baby girl soon!

My Ovulation Chart

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope it works for you! I tried maybe 3 different types of nipples with DD4 and she wouldn't take any of them, she only wanted to breastfeed. So we couldn't go out much until she was like 9 months old and could drink from a sippy lid.
    Mar 2003
    Dec 2004
    Aug 2006
    Jan 2009
    due Jul 2011
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9531378

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well good news girls, I tried giving her the dr. browns bottle last night with the regular nipple (we're going to get the nuk nipples today) and she put up a fight but she ended up taking it!! I burped her very often since it was coming out so fast but she kept it all down, yay . I think with the nuk nipple it should be even better. If it's still too fast I'll ask the doctor if I can put some rice cereal in the milk. Those MAM nipples will be my next option thanx for the advice! I'll let you know how the nuk's work. I hope they do 'cause giving her one or two bottles a day at this point would be WONDERFUL! haha

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It was too fast even with the Level 1?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hmm, good question, I'm not sure what level the nipple was on the dr. browns. It is the one's that come with the 6 ounce plastic bottles. She wouldn't take the nuk nipple, she had no clue what it was I think! haha. So we tried the regular dr. browns and it actually worked. Cried for a few minutes, but then all was good. It does come out a bit quickly, but if we burp her and give her breaks it works out. I showed my Dh how to do it, have to cradle her, sing to her, it's a whole thing...but success!! She can now take a bottle as well and I can get out and do a quick errand or two if I need to, yay!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's great! Hold the nipple up to the light and look at the edge. It will say Level 1 or Level 2, etc. It should be Level 1 and it probably is but just in case!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh thanks, I will put it up to the light and check.