Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

post partum belt / girdle

Just wondering if any girls have ever used a post partum belt / girdle and can recommend one?
    (yes i realise i am getting very ahead of myself - but im a plan and prepare type girl LOL)

something like this
    Postpartum Recovery | Pre-pregnancy Jeans |Bellefit Maternity | Bellefit Maternity - Postpartum Support | C-Section & Natural Birth Recovery | Medical Grade Girdles & Corsets

I had my belly bound after I had ds...but there was nothing like this in the market in australia at the time so i did it the old fashioned way with some thick linen, safety pins, and lots of strength from DH. I wore it virtually 24/7 for the first 6 weeks and by my 6 week checkup my stomach was washboard flat and firm as it had been pre pregnancy and have never had any 'jelly belly' or wobble - and i genuinely believe i owe it all to the binding (coz i didnt do any exercise!)

Id rather 'buy' a belt / girdle though this time round because im hoping it will be as effective whilst being less bulky, and I don't want to have to rely on DH to 'wrap' me up if i use the same method as last time.

So i was wondering if anyone could recommend one they have used?
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have never used one but these do sound like a good idea

2007 2008 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassie1982 View Post
    I wore it virtually 24/7 for the first 6 weeks
    Exactly. I was wearing it all 3 times, in fact still wearing it since 6 weeks expire on Saturday lol!

My midwife recommended it, just like you said, 24/7 for 6 weeks. You can also do moderate exercise with it while lying on your back, stating from 4th week, like lifting your legs etc.

I got mine back in 2003 and it is basically 17cm wide elastic stripe and 1m long. On one side it has touch tape. You put it on while you're lying on the bed, so the belly is in the flattest possible position and then you wrap it around you.
    Last edited by Zivic-Bubac; October 12th, 2012 at 02:27 PM.
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    Exactly. I was wearing it all 3 times, in fact still wearing it since 6 weeks expire on Saturday lol!

My midwife recommended it, just like you said, 24/7 for 6 weeks. You can also do moderate exercise with it while lying on your back, stating from 4th week, like rising your legs etc.

I got mine back in 2003 and it is basically 17cm wide elastic stripe and 1m long. On one side it has -I don't know the right word in English- we call it bur, so you fasten it with it. You put it on while you're lying on the bed, so the belly is in the flattest possible position and then you wrap it around you.
    So you put it on the day you come home from the hospital? And did you notice a difference?

2007 2008 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used a Belly Bandit with my last ds -- and yes, put it on the day I came home from the hospital. It worked wonders -- not just for helping my belly go back to "normal" but just in how I felt when I got home. I loved the support and it was worth every penny.

Belly Bandit®

Mom to a blended family of 5 kids (3 boys, 2 girls), with one more due in late May 2013. We swayed for a girl, but have a sweet baby boy on the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellbelle View Post
    I used a Belly Bandit with my last ds -- and yes, put it on the day I came home from the hospital. It worked wonders -- not just for helping my belly go back to "normal" but just in how I felt when I got home. I loved the support and it was worth every penny.

Belly Bandit®
    This looks awesome, I think I am going to try it out. Do you sleep with it too?

2007 2008 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dloui128 View Post
    This looks awesome, I think I am going to try it out. Do you sleep with it too?
    I did, because I liked it so much. I know other people who didn't like wearing it at night though.

Mom to a blended family of 5 kids (3 boys, 2 girls), with one more due in late May 2013. We swayed for a girl, but have a sweet baby boy on the way.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dloui128 View Post
    So you put it on the day you come home from the hospital? And did you notice a difference?
    Yes, you'll def see a diff in 2-3 weeks It's great support for jelly-belly. Mine looks just like Belly Bandit® but it's longer.
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    Yes, you'll def see a diff in 2-3 weeks It's great support for jelly-belly. Mine looks just like Belly Bandit® but it's longer.
    I am definitely buying this thing, I freakin hate the jelly belly feeling

2007 2008 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does it work if you've got a mummy tum before you get pregnant again? I never used any support after the boys and have saggyness now.
    since 2005 2008 2010.

When our dream became a nightmare
    http://www.20-week-countdown.blogspot.com

Failed sway due April 2014

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast