Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    Did you ladies have your epis. down the middle or to one of the sides??
    Down the middle too, 3 snips long.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With DS1 (8lbs 21 1/2in), my dr cut me top to bottom- total of 5 snips! Down the middle. With DS2 (7lbs6oz 20 1/2in) I was begging for the cut after 26 1/2 hours of unmedicated labor, I couldn't push any harder and he wasn't budging. (To the side) With DS3 (9lbs11oz 22 3/4in) I felt like I had more control and wasn't scared either way (to cut or not to) but myDS3 was just too big, he was stuck and the dr cut me as the nurses pushed my stomach but the snip was small to the side over the scar from DS2.

Secret I learned with the first... USE the water bottle every time u go tinkle with warm water, then pat dry. Put TUCKS pads on you maxi to help reduce swelling. And use Dermaplast spray for pain relief. Every time you use the restroom or shower until About 4 weeks. I felt that my DS2 took longer to heal and at about 2-3 weeks PP it felt like I had sat on razor blades but it was because the stitches were too dry <I stopped using the water bottle or tucks>with DS3, the cut was so much smaller than the others that I healed pretty quick with no issues. I used the Tucks, water and Dermaplast for 4 weeks PP this time too. As for DTD my DH is bigger than my ex by A LOT (tmi) and we waited 4 months because I was so scared and it was not painful at all. With my first 2 my ex husband and I DTD about 6-7 weeks PP and it was uncomfortable for the first couple times but not painful or unbearable. HTH but if you are really swollen or uncomfortable, don't hesitate to call your OB and ask them questions. It will be sore to touch for awhile.... And if you are relaxed DTD it shouldn't be too painful. Maybe a Lil uncomfortable..... It's different for everyone. Key is to relax and use some lube if it will help u relax GL
    Last edited by BabyCakesTor; October 21st, 2012 at 01:13 AM.
    My family is complete!!!
    2/2000
    6/2003
    4/2011
    7/2013

Swayed for a

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dermaplast! That is the spray I was thinking of! Thanks, BabyCakesTor!
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I can't forget the dermaplast this time. NObody ever thought to mention it to me last time and I was in so much pain I couldn't walk. I could barely get into the bath tub either to take a warm bath with the salts.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They actually give out the dermaplast at the hospital where I delivered. It is pretty awesome! It works on all sorts of injuries, like bee stings, scrapes, etc. Good to have around!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    They actually give out the dermaplast at the hospital where I delivered. It is pretty awesome! It works on all sorts of injuries, like bee stings, scrapes, etc. Good to have around!
    We use that in my family on EVERY cut! It's awesome stuff!!!!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will stock up just in case.

Doc said the cut to the right or left hurts way more but heals better and has less complications later than the one right down the middle. Whatever doctor because I can still feel pain there and it's been two years.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    Oh Mrs. P, that sounds painful! When did they cut your stitches for being too tight? I haven't looked at mine, just felt them. Maybe I should get out the mirror.
    I was probably about 2ish weeks past delivery, they just felt tight sort of stretched and everything was quite puffy and red looking but if they are sore do keep an eye on them (particularly to make sure there not infected)
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    Did you ladies have your epis. down the middle or to one of the sides??
    They did mine in like a sweeping cut towards the side it was really neat i just have a little silver scar line now, it also did re-spilt with the next baby unlike the tear i had. But the midwife who did my stitches after ds2 was a right butcher i have one side a different shape to the other where i tore so bad and few weird bit of skin that didn't get stitched back quite right (sorry tmi i know) funnily enough one of the midwifes wanted to another cut with him but the first went no she'll be fine its her second baby - tear was more extreme than the cut would have been so could have just been a bad midwife (i also had a couple of scratches from her nails where she'd tried to stretch me during delivery)
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You know, I've torn with all three of mine, probably will with the fourth, and it didn't bother me after at all! Didn't hurt afterwards except one time when I wiped too hard--brutal! Maybe I'm not sensitive 'down there.'
    My awesome boys!
    (1988) (1991) (2010) (2012)

TTC my last one. A little girl, please!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast