Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Anybody have a child that had to have an operation?

Just got back from the hospital and they have decided they want to a biopsy on ds3's mouth and i so worried and scared something horrible will happen to him with the anesthetic.

I'm so scared that something could go wrong and they might not be able to wake him, he seems so little to go through something like this especially over something that seems quite minor. To make it worse it was this time of year two years ago i almost lost ds2
    Last edited by Mrs_P; January 2nd, 2013 at 03:08 PM.
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure they can use a twilight and not intibate him right?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi i havent had to go through that but didn't want to read and not comment. I am sure he will be absolutely fine but sending you lots of hugs as know I would feel the same as you in your position

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry about this Mrs_P, I understand your worries but they will probably give him very little anesthesia if they have to take a sample of his tongue. My DS was operated when he was 7, they removed his adenoids and tonsillitis. I was very very worried and afraid most especially about anesthesia but he was fine and doctor said that little ones usually seem to get better faster after an operation. When are they going to operate him?
    swayed for but blessed with

Our little bundle of joy has arrived Born on 31st May 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't really have any info or experience to add, but wanted to say I'm thinking of you and the little man and saying a prayer things go quick and easy!!
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry you are going through this. My son had to have surgery at one month and at 1 year. Not the same kind. He has an intestinal disease. It is so hard to go through any surgery, but I would agree with the others that he probably won't have very much anesthesia. When will it be?
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks girls - we haven't got an appointment yet but they said 8 weeks time which is right on christmas. I know its so silly but i spent all morning crying - silly pregnancy hormones - am so worried something might go wrong. If he'd have been older they would have done it whilst he was awake but they said its too traumatic for a little person to go through.

NBP what is a twilight?

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lobella2 View Post
    I am so sorry you are going through this. My son had to have surgery at one month and at 1 year. Not the same kind. He has an intestinal disease. It is so hard to go through any surgery, but I would agree with the others that he probably won't have very much anesthesia. When will it be?
    One month that must have been so scary i'm so glad he is ok. The doctor said to me we have to operate on really little ones (he's under birmingham childrens hospital) compared to them he is so big but he just seems so small to me. I'm so sorry you had to go through that x
    Last edited by Mrs_P; January 2nd, 2013 at 03:09 PM.

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My ds1 has had to be put under for an MRI of his brain at 2, then had to have his adenoids and tonsils out at 3. It's really tough to see them go under. For the MRI they let me back there as they wrapped him up like a burrito and put the gas mask on him, and he started to get scared and his eyes were desperate and he didn't understand why- it was awful to see his eyes roll back and I was so scared like what had we done...same with the tonsils, but they didn't let me back for sterility reasons...but both times I think it was harder on us in the long run. He didn't show any signs of remembering for the MRI, he just woke up like any other sleep wake-up, not a care in the world. The tonsils were a different story, because he was in pain.

I think your sweet boy will be just fine, especially if they're just checking things out. It'll be harder on you than on him- there will be a few minutes of confusion and then he'll just be asleep. Depending on his language abilities you can make him a social story to explain what is going to happen, step by step, and read it to him starting maybe a week out so he doesn't have to be as confused. My son didn't have enough language for me to explain it to him first.

Fingers crossed that the spot is nothing to worry about. It's never easy when it's your baby. <hugs>
    12.24.08 4.13.10 third and last. It is nice being queen of my castle but would love to add a princess.

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker

After 12 months ttc, taking a little sanity break. Fx to all of the dear ladies on here in the meantime.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DS 2 had to have tonsils and adenoids out at 2. Everything went really well and he was back to eating bbq chips in no time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast