Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How scary for u! My precious ds1 has a congenital heart disease that wasn't picked up until he was a very sick little boy at 6 weeks old. My brave little boy faced surgery and time in icu with some complications but he got through it all and is now a happy 3 and a half year old. He will most likely face a valve replacement which will mean open heart surgery in the future. I am of course terrified but if his little body could get through everything it did at only 6 weeks inc the anaesthetic he is tough enough to get through anything. Kids r amazing and in my opinion stronger than most adults. Wishing ur little man a speedy recovery x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cravingsalt View Post
    My ds1 has had to be put under for an MRI of his brain at 2, then had to have his adenoids and tonsils out at 3. It's really tough to see them go under. For the MRI they let me back there as they wrapped him up like a burrito and put the gas mask on him, and he started to get scared and his eyes were desperate and he didn't understand why- it was awful to see his eyes roll back and I was so scared like what had we done...same with the tonsils, but they didn't let me back for sterility reasons...but both times I think it was harder on us in the long run. He didn't show any signs of remembering for the MRI, he just woke up like any other sleep wake-up, not a care in the world. The tonsils were a different story, because he was in pain.

I think your sweet boy will be just fine, especially if they're just checking things out. It'll be harder on you than on him- there will be a few minutes of confusion and then he'll just be asleep. Depending on his language abilities you can make him a social story to explain what is going to happen, step by step, and read it to him starting maybe a week out so he doesn't have to be as confused. My son didn't have enough language for me to explain it to him first.

Fingers crossed that the spot is nothing to worry about. It's never easy when it's your baby. <hugs>
    That sounds really sad just reading it - i really hope he isn't too upset by it all. They told me they'll put a magic cream on his hands and then something to do with a needle thing in there, then they'll put him to under. Its the waking up bit that worries me - i really hope nothing goes wrong. I know its daft but the phrase "putting him to sleep" keeps making me think of the dog - we lost him a year ago, he was my baby before i had babies and it has such a different meaning.

Nice to hear some moms with good experiences though (even though the situations themselves aren't good if you know what i mean) as the only people i know lately who've experienced anything similar are through colleagues and although 2 of them are adults, the only three people i know who've had an operation all had problems with the anesthetic (one woman had a fit when they tried to bring her round and she nearly died, my friends teenager had complications from it and he was under for ages and the other lady i know ended up in intensive care for a few days after). I know there cases are different to Toby's its just it all seems so scary especially for the small thing that toby has wrong (praying they don't find anything).

I'm feeling so guilty as well as the GD was beginning big style in this pregnancy, now i find myself once again in the position where i just want the precious children that i have to be ok
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much to anyone who has commented on my thread, your support is invaluable and amazing. Especially to those of you who have shared your experiences, thank you. My heart really does go to you and your little children, there are some super strong moms out there and i admire you all for what you've been through. It never ceases to amaze me the strength of a mother and the things we weather.

KpMum what a little fighter you have there, i do think your right though things are so much harder on us than they are on them they just get on with it. I wish you both lots of luck and best wishes for anything the future may bring your little man x

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing to add hun but wanted to send you a big hun. xxxx
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My ds1 had to have surgery at 8 months old and it was scary to have to go through but he came through it all just fine. I'm sure your little guy will amaze you, too.
    Love My 4

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My son had a major eye surgery when he was 5 months and two more major eye surgeries at 6 months and another at 1 year it never gets easier I paced the waiting room for hours... Good luck just try to stay sane... Maybe it will be easier cause you have time to prepare my sons first was emergency and I was an absolute mess

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All three of my boys have been under anesthesia at least once, two of them twice. I won't lie to you, it is always hard on the parents. The good news is my boys always did beautifully and recovered as if it was nothing.

The hardest part is waiting during the procedure, make sure you have someone with you for support. It helps to have someone hold your hand- even though everything is going to be O.K. (I promise!)

I'm praying for you to feel peace about it; for sure it's harder to cope with pregnancy hormones! I know your son (and you) will come through this just fine
    Mom to 3 wonderful boys waiting for our

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DS3 had to have an operation at 5 days old as he had malrotation of the bowel which then twisted. He very nearly died. It was the worse time of our lives.
    He is now a fit and well 2 year old.
    2006 2008 2010 : 2013
    2 angels
    Due Jan 2020

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi girls thank you for your lovely words, it really is so nice to hear positive stories. The date for his op has been set for 10th January so i'm trying to put it to once side till then and not freak out too much - which is not really happening but am trying!!!

Your support (as always) is invaluable, it never ceases to amaze me the true kindness of the women on here and i am so pleased to be a apart of this community xxxxxxxxxx

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thinking of you, Mrs. P and saying prayers for you and that little guy!! XOXO
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12