Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Horror baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Horror baby

It is 01:27 am and my 3 month old is screaming in her pram. She is in there bcos sometimes she falls asleep while I drive her around the appartment

Sometimes she falls asleep in my arms but never in her bed which is right next to my side of bed.
    Last night or should I say morning she was awake til 4am. She is often awake well after midnight which is sort of ok, but she is screaming constantly.

I can count days when she slept through the night . I'm exhausted. She is not hungry, wet, hot, cold....I check everything, esp. that she is not hungry. I'm breastfeeding her and she's a big baby, 7kg at 2 months.

What's wrong? She doesn't have daily routine, though I'm trying to establish some, everything is random. I've just read this thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/baby...man-again.html and I'm ashamed, all the babies seem to have some sort of routine after 6-8 weeks.

She does sleep few times during the day but that's normal. Or is it? I'm not sure any more. No naps pattern, sometimes it's 20 min, sometimes 3 hours.

It seems I'll be awake again til 4 am, thank God it's Sunday tomorrow, so I'll sleep til 9am.
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does she spit up a lot? Or pull her legs up? Could it be colic? I used to have to have to give my boys simethicone drops all the time.

Whatever it is, I hope it resolves soon, so you both find peace. XO
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does she have acid reflux? It's a common problem
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She does spit up a lot, but episode with colic is over, I think? She did have bad colic and I gave her Simethicone and baby-heater to keep the tummy warm and after 3 or so unbearable weeks it got better.

Thank you for kind words!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My oldest had reflux - I ended up having to keep him at a 45 degree angle for at least a half hour after eating at each meal. He grew out of it at about 4 yrs old. He also ended up with a script for Zantac.

He spent most nights in his swing - it kept his head elevated and allowed me some peace. The doctor also suggested putting a wedge under his mattress, but that only made him slide down. lol.

Anyway, wishing you lots of luck...I know how hard it can be. ♥
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DD2 had reflux and it was awful. The only way she would sleep was if I had her sitting upright and had a white noise machine on. She eventually started taking Zantac and that helped a lot.

2007 2008 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My ds have acid reflux too. Zantac didn't work for him, so we used Prilosec. He had it for 9 months. Zivic, could you have her checked for reflux? I swear there's nothing worse than sleep derprivation. I'm sorry things are tough for you right now.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    It is 01:27 am and my 3 month old is screaming in her pram. She is in there bcos sometimes she falls asleep while I drive her around the appartment

Sometimes she falls asleep in my arms but never in her bed which is right next to my side of bed.
    Last night or should I say morning she was awake til 4am. She is often awake well after midnight which is sort of ok, but she is screaming constantly.

I can count days when she slept through the night . I'm exhausted. She is not hungry, wet, hot, cold....I check everything, esp. that she is not hungry. I'm breastfeeding her and she's a big baby, 7kg at 2 months.

What's wrong? She doesn't have daily routine, though I'm trying to establish some, everything is random. I've just read this thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/baby...man-again.html and I'm ashamed, all the babies seem to have some sort of routine after 6-8 weeks.

She does sleep few times during the day but that's normal. Or is it? I'm not sure any more. No naps pattern, sometimes it's 20 min, sometimes 3 hours.

It seems I'll be awake again til 4 am, thank God it's Sunday tomorrow, so I'll sleep til 9am.
    Hi ZB and I'm sorry you are having a hard time with your little bub.
    My first daughter was very difficult also and I was extremely stressed and sleep deprived with her until I put her into a routine that suited me.
    My two children that followed were really much easier after that.
    Babies can get overstimultaed very easily, just by the world in general. Noises, lights, peoples faces, etc... make them tired easily and if they don't have time to rest (sleep) or at least have time out, they become overstimulated and wired. This then causes them to have problems getting to sleep so it's kind of a viscous cycle.
    At this age, she will probably need 3 naps a day. If you find it hard to read her sleep signs (my first daughter didn't have any according to the sleep clinic I took her too!!) then set a schedule that suits you. Try for a good lunch nap in her cot and the morning naps may be a good time to get out for a walk and cover her pram so she is at least not being stimulated. The afternoon ones are usually the hardest. I always found the little rocking swings good for that afteroon nap as I was usually busy getting dinner prepared and later on, busy with the other children.
    I always made sure my girls were put to bed at 7pm every night. Sometimes they would fuss and cry for a few days and not want to go to bed at that time but I just keep doing the same night after night and within a few weeks, they were going to sleep straight away at 7pm.
    I do believe strongly that certain babies really need a routine (my second daughter just naturally fell into her own but DD1 and DD3 thrived once they were put on one).
    There are some really helpful books out there that address settling and routines and can offer great advice on how to start. The key to it's success is consistency so whatever you choose, approach it calmly, consistently and with confidence.
    All the best of luck.
    x

9. Likes mgf86 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, poor ZB!

DS3 had terrible gas and reflux for the longest time. He never did get on a schedule and I was never able to put him down. He even cried in his swing!

I ended up giving him gas drops and long, warm baths. It seemed to help, but he was always a little fussy unfortunately. It did get better once he got to 4 months old, so maybe you only have a short time left.
    My awesome boys!
    (1988) (1991) (2010) (2012)

TTC my last one. A little girl, please!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am going through same prob with my 8 week old boy. He has infant gaviscon in his bottle sort of works and his bed is tilted. He has no routine either I hardly get any sleep he is a big baby too he has been sick and in hospital we were there for 4 days and his sleeping is shocking I feel your pain. Only thing I have found he likes and this wad yesterday is he likes to be wrapped he slept alot better

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast