Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think im going to go with the sakura bloom ring sling, now i just have to find an AU supplier that has the pixie blue raspberry one

Name:  sakura_blue-raspberry.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  16.6 KB

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Sakura Bloom and a Maya Wrap and love them both. I also have a Moby, which I don't like as much, and a Beco Gemini (which is lovely but I hardly ever used). With my older kids, I used New Native pouches, which IMO are nice but more difficult to learn to safely position a newborn in (and, for me, to nurse in).

I agree with the pp -- if you haven't used a ring sling before, it really helps to visit with someone who can help you position the sling and baby. There are also helpful videos, but I've found that most first timers are a lot more confident once they've had someone else check out their carry.

Mom to a blended family of 5 kids (3 boys, 2 girls), with one more due in late May 2013. We swayed for a girl, but have a sweet baby boy on the way.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think i have changed my mind and will get a Maya, they are slightly less expensive and come in great colours too.

and sorry for hyjacking Lassie, how are you going with your search?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What size are you cinss? Lol you can have mine if shelle doesn't want it
    Mommy to DS1 (3) DS2 (1 1/2) angel baby DD lost at 20 weeks (5/12) and another angel baby DD at 17 weeks due to ??? (12/12)

Next option will be HT eventually...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My friend loves her ergo and she loves her mai tai or however you spell that... Woven wraps are good ... I will be getting a ring sling
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinss View Post
    I think i have changed my mind and will get a Maya, they are slightly less expensive and come in great colours too.

and sorry for hyjacking Lassie, how are you going with your search?
    Don't be silly, your not hijacking I'm loving all the comments and opinions

I'm so lost, my gut says babysling or ring sling, but my head says ergo.
    I was pretty certain on the babysling till I read some bad reviews.

There is nothing that I dislike about the ergo, but its the upright only position that makes me hesitant.
    I love the cradling positions you can get with a sling, and well as the Buddha type sitting positions.

I really wish there was some way I could try them properly. I know I can try in a shop, but a quick 5mins with a doll, or even a newborn isn't going to give me a feel for what it's like using regularly.

Slightly leaning ring sling / babysling.
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you will read bad reviews for every type of carrier. My sister hated slings and was very vocal about it -- but she hated front carriers, too. She's a strictly stroller mama and that's what works best for her. I think that if you haven't used one, its hard to just get ONE style carrier -- it is hard to know which one you'll like until you really use them, and then you may find that love a sling or soft structured carrier but the baby may not, etc. Is there any way you can borrow one of each once the baby's here?

Mom to a blended family of 5 kids (3 boys, 2 girls), with one more due in late May 2013. We swayed for a girl, but have a sweet baby boy on the way.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish I could shell! But none of my friends have carriers.
    I don't think they are very popular here, least not where I am, I really don't see many at all, and the only ones I really see are baby Bjorn.
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here in the Netherlands (and I know there are also in Germany and probably also somewhere else) your can hire a 'carrier-consultant'. It is like a sort of babyshower, with all kind of carriers and wraps you can try. Maybe you can search the net for these consultants and then organize a party at your home?
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123