Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wanted to say that I swear by purell! Not sure if the brand is about in america but it is basically pocket size squeezy bottles of alcohol disinfectant gel that dries instanty and kils 99.9% of germs & viruses etc. I have my house messy and with a healthy level of dirt, cat hair, bacteria etc, but outside with all the nasty bugs etc floating round I take it with me everywhere and make people use it before they touch my LO, I use it after I've touched things in shops etc, and everyone has to use it before we go back in our house lol! Sounds a bit ott but LO first had a very slight sniffles at 15 months old, then got 12hr stomach flu when my gran took them to asda (walmart) and let them sit on the ride outside without disinfecting their hands. That's it, in over 2 years, so something's working!

I will send you tons of anti-flu thoughts, and if I need to - post you a vat of purell! xxxx

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel the same way as you. I have not taken my 6 week daughter out of the house except for her doctors appt. My two older children come home from school and all of their clothes go in the laundry immediately and they wash their hands. They are only allowed to kiss the baby on the back of the head but are not allowed to touch her anywhere else.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We do have purell here! I have a bottle in my car. I do use it quite a bit, actually, but I don't often have the older kids do it. I make sure that I wash after touching doorknobs, shopping carts, etc.

Now there is the flu, Strep throat, and mono all going around my tiny town. Awful! My oldest was sick last week with a 104 fever (not the flu, though-we had her tested) and so far (knock on wood) the baby has stayed healthy. I have been crazy about hand washing!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's probably the best thing, my mum swears by hand washing, she is a midwife an obviously works in a hospital where there are always nasty superbugs going round etc, and she is never ill!! She uses mega hot water and soap all the way up past her wrist and does it for at least 2 minutes or something but it obviously works as I can't even remember the last time she even had a cold let alone anything else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12