Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused 13 months old and still wakes up...

So my beautiful baby girls still wakes up every-single-night! Why?
    So far she sleep through the night like 7 times but not like for a weeks but 7 times in 13 months!
    She wakes up and yells until I get in and give her milk...if not she don't stop and wake up even more.
    I tried not go in , go in and give her just water, go in and don't give her nothing , put her to sleep earlier , later, whatever I can think of or read about on the net.
    Nothing works.
    Don't know what to do...she loves me so much , maybe she miss me?
    She is so supper happy to see me all the time. really don't want to be with any1 else.

PS: 1 thing I will not do, I will never leave her alone to cry for me , to cry it out or what. never
    Last edited by Flava; April 9th, 2011 at 12:15 PM.
    +1

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can only recommend CC, as it worked wonders for us.

As you don't want to do that, I have heard the no crying sleep solution book worked great for other people, much slower approach and no crying involved.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, you've got yourself a nice little learned pattern there! I think she has your number and if you aren't willing to have her learn to break that habit through "crying it out" maybe you can ask your pediatrician what they recommend?

I was complaining about my 8 month old to mine this week and was told the milk thing it totally not necessary in the middle of the night. She told me to start reducing his bottle by one ounce at a time then water and then let him cry. Milk in the middle of the night is just extra calories and extra sugar on their teeth the older they get. I know it is tough. Good luck!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gosh it is so hard with the sleep thing isn't it? I have been struggling with my DS who is 8 months, we have had 2 nights only of full sleep!
    I did the no cry sleep solution with ds1 and he is an amazing sleeper but it seems not to be working so well with this one. I still recommend the book though, loads of good tips and a gentle approach. Good luck!
    2007 2010 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tnx !
    I know she don't need the milk at night...but if I give her water she just cry
    Maybe it's the bottle
    She drinks from a sippy cup or regular cup when she eat lunch and so.( yeah that 3 bite..)
    Anyway she drinks milk from the bottle 3 times a day before she go sleep.
    I guess I will try the water again at night.
    She slept for 2 night now! But im sure now that I write this down she will wake up tonight.
    +1

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For her bottle=sleep. Unless you break the bottle to sleep association it will be hard. You have to find a alternate way for putting her back to sleep. Pat, cuddle , rock, etc. Ofcourse there will be tears but until you and she find a alternate way of putting her to back to sleep this might go on. Also, her body will stop feeling hungry at night and she will make up for the calories during the day. Whenever we broke the nurse to sleep association wonders started occuring :-)

Jay Gordan discusses a night weaning plan(link below). http://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tnx.
    I think I will try to pick her up and not to give her any milk. Hope she get use to it fast.
    +1

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would suggest only offering water overnight even if that means cuddles, rocking, patting ect during the night to get her back to sleep. Once she stops associating the night time wake-ups with getting a bottle hopefully she will forget all about it and start sleeping through. That's what I did when my little ones were about that age. Also, you could try getting DH to do the resettling, they usually go back to sleep quicker for their dad in my experience.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One thing I have learn from my friends and certain books (Alfie Kohn and Waldorf books) is that a child shouldn't cry it out because they are not going to learn how to solve what ever they are going through at the time. They can't learn to comfort themsevles if they are being ignored, most kids don't learn this until about 7 and they learn from their parents and not from crying it out. They are just learning that no one will come if they cry and eventually they will no longer trust or feel safe with their family. A child cries for reason it may be they miss you, they are hurting, or they are hungry but whatever the reason a child can not just say what is wrong so they cry for someone to come.

My DS1 woke up several times a night until 20mths. All he wanted was to be curled up with us in the bed. He now falls asleep on his dad everynight and then we put him in his bed. Should he wake up he walks right into our room and climbs into bed with us. He only wakes up at night when he is sick or had a bad dream. My DS2 is 14mths old and wake up about 2-4 times a night. Mostly we just hold him and sing until he goes back to sleep and sometimes I nurse him. He is teething and growing right now so I know that is one reason for him waking up.

Both my boys are very attached to dada, mama, and even my in-laws and this is because they know we are always there for them. They have never cried it out and because of this they only cry when they are hurt. When they want or need something they ask.

It takes awhile but each kid is different and soon the waking at night will end.
    Last edited by purplepoet20; April 20th, 2011 at 11:16 AM.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well she was sleeping for like 4 night and now she is up again.
    ruby Im thinking to try the water it's just so hard...DH help out too but she do the same with him...but tnx!
    purple you are so right!!! exactly what I think! Only I cant take her to my bed because she just play there she will go to
    sleep in her crib and nowhere else! So I have to sit in the rocking chair with her and try that way. Also wish she would eat more at day timeI scared she is hungry at night because she eat so little...ahhh wish me luck Im so sleepy
    +1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast