Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Milk vs. Soy milk for toddlers

There is a lot of stuff in the news about radiation from Japan getting into the milk supply, and it is making me uncomfortable giving my kids cow's milk. Until things get better, I am giving the kids soy milk. I know toddlers are usually given whole milk, and there isn't enough fat in soy milk... but has anyone had a toddler that drank only soy milk? Is it okay?
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No soy please no soy.... soy milk is for menapause because it is high in estrogen. My parents gave us soy thinking it was better... My brother paid over $160,000 for fertility treatments to have his 3 kids, my 2 sisters and I got our peroids at 7,8, and 10.

Soy milk for a boy is just like giving him a handful of birth control pills, this is from a famous fertility dr in the USA. Soy milk for a girl is going to put them in early puberty(6-9) and early menapause (28-35).

For these reasons we have banned soy from our diet!!! Alomnd or Rice milk is better but getting calcium from fruits and veggies is 20x's better.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    No soy please no soy.... soy milk is for menapause because it is high in estrogen. My parents gave us soy thinking it was better... My brother paid over $160,000 for fertility treatments to have his 3 kids, my 2 sisters and I got our peroids at 7,8, and 10.

Soy milk for a boy is just like giving him a handful of birth control pills, this is from a famous fertility dr in the USA. Soy milk for a girl is going to put them in early puberty(6-9) and early menapause (28-35).
    SERIOUSLY?! That scares the crap out of me!! Is that worse than radiation?? We have been drinking it for about 2 weeks now. I hope it hasn't caused any damage yet? Did you and your siblings grow up drinking it your whole lives?
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They can both be bad... but milk is not 100% needed. You can make up for it in food. Vegans do it all the time and the ones that do the reseach do it right. You can get calcium from veggies and OJ. The calories, protein, and fats can be made up with meats, beans, and oils.

We drank soy from 12mths-18. I had a lot of digestion problems growing up but now I am doing better.

2wks shouldn't be to bad... but something like vegan calcium vitas and spinach would be better.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    They can both be bad... but milk is not 100% needed. You can make up for it in food. Vegans do it all the time and the ones that do the reseach do it right. You can get calcium from veggies and OJ. The calories, protein, and fats can be made up with meats, beans, and oils.

We drank soy from 12mths-18. I had a lot of digestion problems growing up but now I am doing better.
    12 months to 18 months, or 18 years?

I know milk isn't necessary...We just like it. I will stop the soy and find something else to give the kids. I do have calcium fortified OJ, so I guess we can do that for a while. Thanks for the info!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    18 years......

rice milk works for cooking cream sauces but almound milk for baking
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Soy also has a really high amount of Phytates, which absorb and block minerals.. ones we really need, such as iron.

it is near impossible to completely removed soy from our diets and almost everything we eat contains soy.. But if you are really that worried about the cow milk w/ japan.. buy milk from local farms.. typically every walmart sells other brands other than their own, that are from farmers here in the US... even your regular grocery stores/markets.. we have thousands of farms & "factories" for our own cow milk in the US.. not all of it comes from Japan.

my first son was on Soy for a few months when we were trying to figure out what was going on with him, he projectiled everything as an infant.. so we went to Goats Milk.. never had a vomit issue ever again... and now my 2nd son, had the same problem, but worse with the formulas.. switched him to goat milk..never saw vomit again!.. i would highly recommend Goat's Milk.. it does lack folic acid (needed to prevent anemia).. but since your children are older, and are eating other solids.. it's not really a prob if they are eating healthy things that contain iron

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMg I had no ide about this soy thing purple! Good think we don't drink that milk! But also had no clue about the milk and japan thing...how long is that going to last?
    Thanks for the tip hoodi I will look for US milk now.
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My youngest was breastfed until 14 month and when he weaned he would not touch cow milk even with chocolate or strawberry syrup so we went to vanilla Almond milk and its even better for you then milk and does have a smidge more sodium but not much at all.
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you buy Organic or Local Milk don't worry about Japan.... the Japan milk goes around the Europe and Asia area. The milk we used to buy, before we learned the boys were Lactose Intolerant, was from a farm about 10miles from my house.

I think kids are better off if they drink water and eat fresh fruits and veggies. We make everything ourselves so our foods do not contain soy, dairy, or crap.

There are some great cookbooks that show how to make whatever you want... fast and easy and great for your family.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast