Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Recognizing letters and numbers

I have a 3 year old son who has issues with his speech. He is being seen by two speech therapist. His speech is coming along but is not where he should be. I feel as though his speech has slowed him down. However, I continue to work with him a couple of times a week on certain skills. He knows his colors and shapes. He can count to 15 and say his ABC's. However, he only recognizes the letter A and the number 3. How can I teach him to recognize letters and numbers? He will be enrolled in Pre-K in August and I want to make sure he is ready.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure where you are but here in the US every kids channel advertises this website, abcmouse.com. Well I actually gave it a shot and it's pretty awesome. My DS is 2 1/2 and is now doing their pre-k program. He loves it and he's learning sooo much. I think he'll start learning to read soon, just with how much he's learned. My family is completely amazed. The only downside is it's not free; it's about $8 a month for a family subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[2] healthy baby boy born in 2011
    [21 weeks] Nov. 2012 Went for a scan at 20 weeks, baby measured 17+6, came back for a follow up scan and baby had passed away. Lots of testing, no answers.
    Moving on without my son's brother. Starting our HT journey in 2014.