Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Names

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love the name Hazel, good choice! My son is theo. I have a thing for old names, I also love Charlie (boy or girl), olive, Georgia, Edward and Thomas.
    2014 2016

2. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have an Aurora so I vote that
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

4. Likes atomic sagebrush, Dana-Alicia liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ow I love Aurora so much, but in my country some people have a very hard RRRR so it would sound harsh, Aurrorrrra, not romantic at all lol. My husband is English though, so we would pronounce it English like our sons names, but everyone else would just ruin the name My eldest son has a name that is pronounced the same in English and my language, but my youngest ugh no people just don't get it right. And he has such a gorgeous name (with regards to privacy, his name is the lover of that famous story with I sol de love it so much ).
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    also love Georgia!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What a nice thread. I love to think of girls names too though try not to use too much time doing so. I wish I had not binned my girl names list I made before finding out the twins were both boys because I know it had some beautiful names but I guess they can't have been that great if I do not remember them. I was so disapointed that I threw it out in anger.
    A name I have always loved since I was a girl and secretly call 'my daughter' is Bernedette but Dp does not like it because the Germans (he is German) would say it really weird something like Beer-neh-deht-eh.
    I like old and different names but for some reason I am musing over boys names that could be used for a girl like Felix and Frankie which is strange when I have always wanted to use a pretty name. I like French names too like Amelie but that seems to be gaining popularity.
    Sorry for waffling on, will get back to you when I think of more names.

Isis is pretty and I like Claudia but the Germans say it like Cloud-ia. Dp wants to call 'our daughter' Manon which is French so is said Ma-no. He loves it but I am not so keen because New Zealanders butcher French words and names. It is so tricky. I think naming our girl will be a HUGE task so it would be nice to have some idea before hand
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love, love the name Claudia too! Except hubby thinks it sounds like a stripper name?!? I have no idea why?! Claude for a boy is nice too! Love French names, Adele is one of my favourites!
    2014 2016

10. Likes 1+2+3boys liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love love LOVE names! I have been collecting them since I could write. Around age 10 I developed a fantasy of my grown up life which involved having 6 sets of twins (half girls, half boys) and I had them all named including middle names. Amazingly I still like all those names, though sadly many have become much more popular or are a bit too common for my taste now.

I can't share details bc I'm superstitious (I fear any mention of my favoured names anywhere online will lead to them becoming super popular instantly), but I like classic, not made up/creative names that are easy to spell and pronounce. I also have very strong feelings about most letters of the alphabet and most phonetic sounds. I mostly like overtly feminine girl's names that end in A and overtly masculine boys names that end in N or to a lesser extent R. First names MUST have at 2-3 syllables, maybe 4 max, NEVER 1. I would prefer that the first names not be in the top 100 in any country in the world for the past 15 years, but I think I might have to bend on that bc tgere are some reasonably popular names I just adore.

I tend to like Celtic, French, and Scandinavian origin names, also some ancient Latin & Greek. I am not a fan of most German, Latin (Spanish/Italian etc) or anything unEuropean in origin.

I hope to raise my kids primarily in the Germany but with months of each year in France and the US or Australia. I absolutely hate how Germans ruin the pronunciation of so many names, as 1+2+3 described, plus the J pronounced as Y is especially obnoxious (I hate the Yuh sound). And French pronounce things differently but usually beautifully, so that's not so bad. Either way the names will need to cross-translate decently, or at least acceptably.
    Last edited by maidentomother; March 10th, 2015 at 04:52 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always liked the name Arden but DH would never go for it, I soooo wish he would have

2007 2008 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We are due with a girl in July and are going to name her Lena.
    Mommy to DS #1 Born 3/12
    Swayed pink and it worked! We are having a in July!

THANK YOU to Atomic!

14. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really love Clara but my DH has said a big NO to it I have to accept it as I wouldnt chose one of his favourite names with DS1 and 2.
    I also like: Alice, Amelie, Lila, Lilia, Cecile, Amira, Bella, Lottie (Charlotte), Harriete (Hattie), Pipa and Penny
    DS1 2011 DS2 2013. Successful sway August 2015

16. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast