Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Helping son with his GD.

Hi guys, anyone have any tips for me? My 2yr 8mo son is our eldest and has said from the time we told him he was going to be a big brother again that he was getting a sister (though he did think it was a dragon for a bit, haha). We told him yesterday that he was getting another brother (we also have a 15mo son) and he keeps telling us "no, sister!" every time the new baby is mentioned. We've never let him be aware of our gender desire, and I think it stems from the fact that his brother touches all his toys whereas his friend's sister leaves his alone. How do I help him with his feelings? He's been such a beautiful boy this pregnancy so far and has been stroking my belly and talking to the baby, and it kills me that he's sad now.
    Cheeky DS1 born August 2012
    Swayed for a but our beautiful DS2 joined us in January 2014; the little man we were meant to have
    Swayed for a to join us, but it was another failed sway and our third and final will join us in October.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He will be ok. I guess you need to explain to him it will be a little brother but does he even really understand the difference between brother and sister at that age? I tend to think he just wants to say the opposite or just has the word sister in his head. When I say to my 3 year old that he is 3 he will say "no, I'm 4", he just likes to disagree with whatever I say!

My eldest was 3 when my youngest was born and it took several weeks for him to accept his brothers name, whenever we would use it he would say "no its Baby, not ****" because he was so used to us referring to him as the baby before he was born. Kids are just funny like that

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He's 2. He probably would like a unicorn for Christmas too! He won't even remember this time in his life but he will remember how you make him feel and as long as you continue to love on him, that is ALL that matters.

Kids are flippant. They change their minds like the wind changes the weather.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes sweetdream, Kittybear liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would just let it be. Let him think its a girl. But would speak of a boy. I wouldn't go against him.
    He will see at birth and will be in love quick enough and it will be forgotten.

Be relaxed about it.
    Mom to

THX Atomic and gender dreaming forum/members. For your knowledge and support to make our dream come true and family complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My oldest son (4.5 at the time) really wanted a sister when I was pregnant with DS3, and I was concerned how he would react to another brother, because he REALLY wanted a sister. It took him no time at all to accept another brother, and was in love with him when he was born
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

7. Likes Kittybear liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My 3.5 youngest is adamant that my baby bump (girl) will turn into a 'big boy'. I laugh it off but I'm also worried he will react badly when baby is finally here
    1st Marriage 1999 2002
    2nd Marriage 2008 2011
    #1 Dogus N Cyprus BFN
    HT July -Aug 2015 - Too beautiful for this world
    Sep 2015 FET at Clinic R CZ BFN
    Due July 2016 with a rainbow natural conception

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no advice, just huge (((Hugs))).
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can just try to build the self esteem and try to buid self affection to your child as much a you can. As a mother you can understand what he is going through right now. He will fine soon.