Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Atomic--by the way, they sell a fridge lock at Walmart, in the baby safety section (where the plug covers, etc are). We have one and it works great!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very interesting that your friend who does OT with her son wondered if your DD might benefit from some OT.

What you say about Aries kids is also interesting. My brother was an Aries (April Fools Day baby) and he was an utter monster. I am convinced now that he had ADHD at the very least. My mother refused to accept there was anything wrong with him other than naughtiness which she attempted to beat out of him. She would break wooden spoons she hit him so hard and he would dance away laughing 'It doesn't hurt!' He had an amazing tolerance to pain. But was so destructive and wicked. Yet he was quite an affectionate kid in spite of this. He was like a Jekyll & Hyde. Split personalities. I do know my mother tried 5mg of valium occasionally to calm him down but it had no effect whatsoever. So something was definitely not right.

He got through school, has his own business now and a wife and child. He's done really well. But to this day he has the shortest attention span of any adult I know, major anger management problems and various other issues. Despite being 36 he still does stupid things like speeding while drink driving - just lost his licence for 6mths...... And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I was really motivated to do something about my son once I was told he had SPD and potentially ADHD/autistic spectrum issues. I did not want to relive my experience with my brother. Does make me wonder though whether there is something genetic on my mother's X chromosome that she passed to my brother and I. It affected him but not me (maybe bc I had a 'good' X chromosome from my father) but perhaps I have passed it onto my son.....
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting about your brother, MatildaMai! I have two Aries children, and the older one (dd1, also an April Fools Day baby) was never as bad as DD2. She has always been strong-willed, impatient and defiant (and argues like nobody's business), but she was never destructive or really what I would call "naughty". She will be bratty sometimes, and she has a ton of energy; but as a toddler, she played with her toys, loved listening to books, loved art projects, etc.

But the common thing I see with Aries children (I babysit 2 besides having 2 of my own, plus I know several others) seems to be their strong will and impatience. It sounds like your brother has some of that too.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a 7 year old nephew who has aspergers syndrome and so many of the things about how he was when he was younger make far more sense now we know that. I think it's a great idea to get her checked out as early as you think it may be necessary, even if it turns out not to be any of those things!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Zana. I also think if she has issues, early intervention is the best thing. My friend with the autistic son got him into therapy at a really young age, and he has made HUGE strides.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely have her evaluted. Our son was just diagnosed with SPD. It is amazing how small things you do can calm them down.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No mine are perfect angels all the time except when they....

Rip the curtain rod out of the wall 3x's in 1wk. Moved all their cars to the kitchen table and watched them fly off into the sleeping dog. House plants are just a place the drive your mini toy backhoes. At 15-30mths they each got into the daily habit of emptying the lower half of the pantry and bringing everything to me. At least 30x's a day they try to microwave metal cars. Anything with shelves or handles is just a ladder to climb up. The couch is a driving board and the pillows or the landing pad. Pet food is for throwing at the pet so they can spend their afternoon eating off the floor. The dogs water bowl is for washing your face. They bring me all their nose/eye gobbers and say "see". Mud and puddles are child magnets and mama ends up the muddiest. Half of your meal is your nose, ears, back, toes, and whatever odd place you can think of... I don't want to continue it's make me tired!
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am concerned that my neice has something that I am not sure of. One thing that really has me concerned about her being around my kids is her extreme violent tantrums. They last from 30min to 6hrs. What would cause that?
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    No mine are perfect angels all the time except when they....

Rip the curtain rod out of the wall 3x's in 1wk. Moved all their cars to the kitchen table and watched them fly off into the sleeping dog. House plants are just a place the drive your mini toy backhoes. At 15-30mths they each got into the daily habit of emptying the lower half of the pantry and bringing everything to me. At least 30x's a day they try to microwave metal cars. Anything with shelves or handles is just a ladder to climb up. The couch is a driving board and the pillows or the landing pad. Pet food is for throwing at the pet so they can spend their afternoon eating off the floor. The dogs water bowl is for washing your face. They bring me all their nose/eye gobbers and say "see". Mud and puddles are child magnets and mama ends up the muddiest. Half of your meal is your nose, ears, back, toes, and whatever odd place you can think of... I don't want to continue it's make me tired!
    This sounds all too familiar....
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After a few years of dealing with what I thought were rage disorders, we finally had DD#3 checked for OCD. My DS was diagnosed ADHD though no one ever saw it until he was 11 and it became clear he is OCD. He just turned 20 and fully accepts it and has used it to his advantage. He sees a lot of himself in DD#3 but she is incapable of understanding why she is the way she is (she's 6) and we've been through a few counselors already (end result, they want to med her, I won't). Now that #5 (and maybe #6) is on the way, we're really trying to get her to accept her condition and work through it.

I cannot tell you how many things she's destroyed, what her triggers to set her off from day to day will be, or what works today will work tomorrow. It's painful to watch her struggle with it, but she won't let us help.
    (DD '89), (DS '92), (DD '99), (DD '05),
    (DS '10),(DS '12)(DS '12) (DS x 2 '13)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast