Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

i don't think this is healthy

i took my daughter in for a check up and shots. she just turned 9 months old. she was born at 37 weeks but a healthy 7lbs 14oz. never has had any health problems. well she weighed 15lbs exactly yesterday. but she was at 70% for height. she can crawl, she can stand with support and walk around furniture holding on to it. yes shes a little small but the doctor (who i had never seen before) said she needed to gain some weight and i should... get this.. give her butter and fatty foods so she gains weight. does this sound crazy to anyone other then me?

just for the record all my girls are underweight. my 7 year old weighs 40lbs but is off the charts for height. i just have string beans for daughters. long and skinny but is that really unhealthy?
    x5
    x2 dd#6 lost an identical twin sister and dd 5 lived in my arms for 2 hours
    2012!! he's finally here!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you should ignore the advice that you feel is not right for your family. I was told the same thing- my first son was 17# at a year old and they wanted me to quit breastfeeding, feed him icecream daily and load up the fats. I have zero issue with fat. Fat doesn't make you fat...It's great for our brains and bodies etc, but I'm not going to stress about my sons weight when his father is a string bean and weighs 30#'s less than I do! I just fed him normally, continued to nurse him and guess what? He's 6yo, weighs 38 lbs, and he's average height. I worried for nothing. This is one reason I don't go in for well baby visits. We don't vaccinate though, so I feel no need other than a once yearly visit. Do what you feel is right!
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's ridiculous. Feed her a normal diet.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe try some adding some healthy fatty food like avocados? They mush/puree pretty easily.
    and Twin thanks to Dr. P
    OHW MS/GSN/IVF

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank ladies i just didn't feel right about giving my 9 month old sticks of butter and cartons of ice cream. they yell about too many over weight children and now they yell when your child is under weight. i can't win.
    x5
    x2 dd#6 lost an identical twin sister and dd 5 lived in my arms for 2 hours
    2012!! he's finally here!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know here (Europe) we are told to add a little fat in the baby food, like milk, butter or oil. Not to gain weight, but more because the fat in the food helps develop the child's brain.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would ignore it too, that's obviously how your children are built and you know if she's healthy and growing and eating well enough.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NO, it doesn't sound crazy to me at all because children under age 5 and esp. under age 2, NEED fat in their diet so their brains can develop normally. Kids under age 2 are supposed to be drinking either breastmilk or whole cow's milk.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to agree with AS, that the fats are important. Her height to weight ratio is low and although it is the same for all your kids, you don't want her to loose more weight and then she would be in failure to thrive category. My second son weighed more than your daughter and was labelled FTT.

I don't particularly think you have to worry too much since your other kids are similar, but like another poster said you can get good calories and fats in just to boost her a bit.

Avocado is a good one, olive oil in scrambled eggs, an extra bottle of milk a day. I think as long as she is eating and not refusing feeds then there is less to worry about.
    13 years 11 years 6 years & our HT miracle 2 years

6 IVF Cycles(3 SART & 3 Genea), 4 FET cycles, 4 transfers, 3 Chemicals.

Sep 11 2012: Genea, FET, 1 day 5, CGH HB transferred.
    4dp5dt POAS BFP, 9dp5dt 67, 11 dp5dt 183, 17dp5dt 3832
    Full Cycle Details here Cycle Summary

Finally our beautiful baby girl was born 20th May, 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you doc is crazy! Because he said to give her butter and fatty food to gain weight. He didn't say give it to her because it's good for brain development. That's a different story.
    +1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast