Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nursing pillow--must have!
    Swing--must have!
    Bouncy seat--must have!
    Electric breast pump is easier to use.
    Don't need toys for a while.
    My favorite baby book is called The Baby Book by Dr. Sears. I love it--full of practical info, good advice, developmental stuff, etc. I consider this a must have too!

I also love my Ergo baby carrier.

For when baby is older (3 months or so), the Bumbo chair is also great.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hobber-my DD3 hated the bumbo chair so we never get one for DD4. I don't know what to do next but im kinda thinking not to sit them up to early if they can't on their own.
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the bumbo seat causes the baby to slump to much which makes me wonder what it is doing to the babies stomach. My BIL had one and his daughter didn't learn to sit right until much later. I never used it but when we want our boys to sit up we just used a U pillow that is like a Boppy but really over stuffed. But we didn't use it all the time just a little once a week.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We always had great luck with the Bumbo, and the baby I am babysitting now loves it too. Sorry you guys had bad luck with it...
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My babies loved the bumbo. Some use it before the baby is ready tho and that makes me really sad.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    My babies loved the bumbo. Some use it before the baby is ready tho and that makes me really sad.
    .. or leave them in it for too long at a time! My boys all liked it but I sold it and I won't spend money on another!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    .. or leave them in it for too long at a time! My boys all liked it but I sold it and I won't spend money on another!
    That too!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For a tiny baby, a wrap carrier -- I love my SleepyWrap. When they're older (4+ months for me), an Ergobaby Carrier!

A swing was ESSENTIAL for Honor, but not for all of my babies. It saved my sanity with her, though.

Nursing pillow.

Swaddle blankets.

Clothes.

Good food for me
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cot - definatly, Pram - definatly, Car seat - definatly, Bouncer - yes, Baby bath - not necessary, bath support works great at a fraction of the cost of a bath, much easier to clean too. Toys - not necessary until baby can hold things, then a rattle will do.

I had a lot of things that never got used such as Baby Bag, Sling, Breast pump, Bottles, Night light, Baby powder, Dummies/Pacifier, Formula, Bibs.

Things i couldn't live without - Muslin wraps for wrapping bub and as a cover for breast feeding in public, Bepanthem cream for sore nipples, Breast pads for leaking boobs, i just used a regular pillow for nursing, and i had one of those Angel Care Monitors that are a sensor pad you put under the babys matress and it will sound an alarm if the baby stops breathing, it was expensive, but it really made me feel safe when baby was sleeping, the alarm never went off thank goodness but i was still glad i had it and i will definatly use it with our next bub.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great tips ladies Thanks so much - I've been looking on-line here and there and i did order some reusable breast pads. They were some special offer at the time.
    But what did you buy? Disposable or reuse?
    Also nipple creams? Which one is the best? And shields? Is it worth to have them in the house before baby arrives just in case.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast