Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because I had a very high flow I would always leak with the reusable ones. I changed them with every nursing and also 2-4 between. I ended going to disposable for the first 4mths because they hold better and then I used the reusables after that. Some of the dispos. have the oils already in it so I didn't need to use anything extra unless you see some cracking. They also have the sticky tape on the back but I never used it because they stayed on there own. I used the Lansinoh brand and it was the most comfortable and wasn't noticable like some of the thick ones.

Or if you want to stay with reusable... a Wool backing would be helpful. You just add it with the reusable pads. You may need about 6-8 but 10 may be best.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lansinoh was my favorite for nipples, it's Lanolin and it is safe for baby to nurse with it on.... I started using it daily at about 36wks preg. Do not put any lotions or anything else on the entire boob, because they are not good for baby. Add a tiny pea size of Lanolin after each nursing. I had 1 1/2 2oz tube for each of my sons, you don't need a lot.

My SIL used BeesWax but she had tons of problems with cracking. She also started it about 2 wks before the baby came.

You should have all nursing supplies in the house before baby and anything else you will need in the first month. I was lucky to be waited on for the first 2wks but it is no fun to have to go to the store and get what you need... DH may not know what to get.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123