Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby Carrier

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use a ring sling with my almost 2 year old and I started using it when he was a few weeks old. I like them because my husband and I can use the same one since it adjusts so easily. I also like that it fits perfectly after delivery when I have the post-baby belly and 2 years later when 'some' of that is gone It adjusts around the baby, so you slip it over your head, sit the baby in it, and pull the fabric to snuggle the baby. You can use it when they are sitting up, laying down and it was wonderful for breastfeeding in public.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If anyone is interested in a certain type of carrier there are sewing patterns online to make Mei Tai, Slings, Pouches, and Moby. Some are very easy to make and even a pouch only took less then an hour the measure, cut, and sew.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zolo (zolowear) is my fave,i have had it since ds was nb and he still uses it now that he is 1. I have one that you can swim and use in the summer it dries fast and keeps you and baby cool.Both hubby and i can use it.It is a adjustable ring sling.
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really don't know many different types but I have a spleepy wrap and used it with DD4 it's really nice.
    Had one with DD3 the type with a ring on it but both DD and I didn't like it.
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My SIL gave us a ring sling that she made and I think it may have been the fabric but it kept coming loose. I also didn't like the way the extra piece got in the way. I ended up using the fabric to make overall shorts for DS2 and I may someday use the rings to make a ring sling for a friend if that is what they want.
    Last edited by purplepoet20; June 29th, 2011 at 12:39 PM.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love my Mei Tai!! Someone gave me bjorn but I gave it to a friend who wanted it really bad. Even know I told her how bad they can be on her babies hips, she didn't care. I really want and ergo as well! Maybe when I get pregnant next time I will invest! I have a sling that I like, but I didn't get too much use out of it because I was too busy snuggling her up to want to put her in anything when she was a newbie!
    Loving on my amazing Husband since 2007 Birthed my March 9th 2009 and birthed the most handsome little guy on May 22, 2012 My world is complete!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I loved my Mei Tai. I had an Ellaroo and one from a WAHM. I wore DS5 until he was 2.5. I was so sad when he decided that he no longer enjoyed it.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I liked the moby wrap too but Mei Tai was my favorite..

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love my Moby, I used it when my son was a month old and we had to take a trip. It was a lifesaver in the airport and on the airplane.
    for just a healthy baby.

clomid 100mg 3-7 + Ovidrel trigger shot

ttc since September 2012

November 2013

February 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    If anyone is interested in a certain type of carrier there are sewing patterns online to make Mei Tai, Slings, Pouches, and Moby. Some are very easy to make and even a pouch only took less then an hour the measure, cut, and sew.
    Purplepoet, that's very valuable info, thank you A good friend of mine is about to have her 3rd boy in Sept and she is looking for baby carrier but all these things are not available here, so I'll tell her to google for it!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast