Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby Carrier

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Baby Carrier

What is your favorite baby carrier and why?
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have used many...
    1. Baby Bjorn front carrier is ok but I didn't like the way it left red lines on my boys private areas.
    2. Homemade Moby Wrap I loved it for the 1st 6mths and in winter when my boys were calmer and needed to be covered from the wind, great for nursing too.
    3. Ergo love love love both 3 and 1 year old can be carried (not together) and still be comfy. My 1 year old can still be nursed while shopping.
    4. I also have an Ergo Copy that I made to fit hubby.
    5. I have an old backpack carrier and it is ok but makes me sweat to much in the summer.
    6. I have pouch slings that I made myself and a Polkadot Papoose that someone gave me I like them for NB's because they can hurse and sleep, I use a small blanket to keep the head in the right spot.
    7. An old 1978 Mei tai type carry that my MIL used when hubby was a baby. It is not that comfy if you have to move around a lot but good for NB.
    Last edited by purplepoet20; June 15th, 2011 at 04:19 PM.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love, love, love my Ergo!! It's just so easy and so comfortable - the back carry allowed me to wear my 4th DC as much as he wanted easily. I also really liked a wrap when he was a newborn til about 6 months old. I used a Sleepy Wrap and liked it better than the Moby b/c of its slightly more stretchy fabric. It really holds babe snugly and holds its fit well if you need to pop babe in and out several times while running from store to store or such.

I also have a sling (a Maya Wrap) that I have had since DC2 and it is still an old standby. I like the true "hands free" of the wrap and Ergo, though.
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great thread. I'd love to see what everyone uses/used. I never used a carrier with my first 2, but with #3 I'd like to use one.

~*~*~Thinking Blue~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ergo for sure!

MS/PGD/IVF OHW

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Newborn- ring sling
    3+ months- Mei tai(either a babyhawk, my own that I make, or a Kindercarry)
    6+ months- Ellevill wrap, mei tai, or ergo

I have 7 carriers LOL And I've tried about 15 so far(Hotsling, babyhawk, Sugartai, Ergo, Peapod wrap, Ellevill wrap, Kindercarry, Ring slings, Beco, gauze wraps, custom made....) some I kept, some I sold.
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ergo!

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ergo too, they're fab!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the minority as the Ergo isn't my favorite. But after trying many of them, I think the most important things for me are how quickly I can put them on and how comfortable they are. I love my ring sling from Tot Pockets on Etsy! It has a soft shoulder and is so easy to use. It slips right on in a few seconds and I can wear it for awhile comfortably. Oh, and it has a pocket on the front to keep a paci and a diaper in. I just looked into getting a second one too!

I have an old Peanut Shell pouch sling that I keep in the car for emergencies, and would only use it for 5 and 10 minute trips. I like that it folds up so small and takes 3 seconds to put on. I also like my Moby that I got from Target, but only for around the house. All the material is a pain to put on and it gets hot. The Ergo is like my old Bjorn type carrier and it took too long to put on. But I do like the back carry ability with it.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by skrimpy View Post
    I used a Sleepy Wrap and liked it better than the Moby b/c of its slightly more stretchy fabric. It really holds babe snugly and holds its fit well if you need to pop babe in and out several times while running from store to store or such.
    Great thread! I posted question about Sleepy Wrap on IG ages ago and got 1 (one) answer. Here it is http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/197218.aspx
    I never realized there are that many carriers available I've heard only about Sleepy Wrap What would you recommend for completely free hands from newborn til let's say 18-20 months?
    There aren't ANY carriers available here, but we have relatives in Canada and they will send me whatever I ask for ( in term of baby carriers of course lol!)
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast