Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With any carrier practice makes prefect and you learn to do things while carrying. If you start with a NB you get used to the weight over time. The little sleep better if you hold them while they nap. DS2 always wake up once I tried to put him down but he would sleep for a long time if carried. He still sleeps for 2-3hrs everyday. You don't have to carry all day long but even 10-15mins a few times a day is great for extra bonding. I was always afraid of dropping DS2 so I practiced first while sitting, then with DH help while standing up (always in parking lots), and then for putting on the back I held toddler over a couch or bed. I can now put them on my back without thinking about it. I never ever dropped my boys or even came close.

Beco - I can see this one being great for someone new to carrying. Looks cool for putting a baby on your back safely... I wonder if I should add one to my wish list or maybe I can make an infant attachment for my Ergo's. Every Summer we cook outside so when #3 is about 6-12mths I will need to put it on my back. DH is normally playing with the older one/s so I would have to hold a the youngest. With DS2 I used a steel framed one while BBQing but it was so hot on my back that I couldn't stand it.

Ergo - I got one after DS2 was 6mths. I like the built in cover for the baby face great for nursing in public or protecting from the sun. I am not a fan of trying to cover with blankets because they always fall off. When we went out to public events I nursed DS2 and even DH didn't notice. Once DS2 was about 11mths I was comfortable enough with myself to start putting him on my back, he does hold on to me. I like that even with DS1 who is 38lbs I hardly feel the difference in weight. I have not tried it with a NB yet.

Moby - I like that I can save tons of money by just sewing one. I made one with enough fabric around the baby but less around the shoulders so I can manage to do things. Great for nursing or sleeping NB's. I hardly used it after 6mths because DS2 was always trying to jump in it.

??? - I have a carrier that was made in 1979 and was used for DH when he was a cuddly bean. It is close to the Beco's infant attachment but doesn't have any clips for easy attachment to mom. It has a place to hold the baby but I didn't force the babies legs in the holes I just swaddled them and place straight on my chest. I used it while sewing, cooking, cleaning, and walking. This is what I used to practice carrying while doing stuff around the house. (With DS1 I just held him 24/7 for 6mths until DH came home and then I did stuff, but with DS2 I wanted to do the same with tons of carrying and still care for DS1 at the same time)

I never liked...
    Ring Slings - because all the fabric hanging down and it was so hard to nurse.
    Infatino, Bjorn, or the one that are olny Front Carriers - was ok for the few times we put DS1 in it but once after a 30min outing he had brusing near his privates. DH got rid of it fast.
    Peanut Type Slings - They are ok for the NB but no privacy for nursing. You have to make sure the babies back is straight but normally just one receiving blanket was needed. I also found a pattern to sew one to fit anyone which saves tons of money.
    Other Slings - Most have been recalled because of baby death but the one a neighbor gave me I hated because the baby was to low and the sling would swing out if I bent over. Way to much back support is needed to keep the baby just right. Instead of passing it on I just cut it up and tossed it.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Guys thank you so much for sharing your experiences!!!!! Means really a lot since I've never used baby carrier.
    Thank you again!!!!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ZB - When is your gender scan? Your so close.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey hon!
    I've decided not to ask about gender on my scan, I'm too scared to hear It's a girl! again. I'd rather live in my dreams til my due date. Pathetic, I know...
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand but I still would be dying to ask them to print the potty shot and hid it until I got home. I am so afraid of hearing boy again but I have to know because I would cry a lot in the delivery room.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love my Beco! I have 2 of the butterfly II's. I love that you can use it right away and it's prettier than the ergo (I do have an Ergo sport as well). When we have the next baby I am getting a Beco Gemini... and probably a PPB Ergo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12