Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Beco Butterfly baby carrier

Any experiences?

My DH's twin brother lives in Canada and he and his wife want to buy a baby carrier as a gift for this baby. So I googled a bit and it seems this one is great.

I also found videos Butterfly vs. Ergo and it seems it's much better then Ergo.

Mei tai is my other option.
    I also thought about Baby Bjorn not as good for baby's hips as it is Beco Butterfly.

Help me decide!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's the link for Butterfly Beco Baby Carrier | Beco Baby Carrier
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Boba 3G is nicer in my NSHO But I'm a babywearing crazy woman...I've had 15+ carriers and also help teach classes in my town. Boba can be worn from birth as well. I own one. Way nicer than an Ergo I love mine and so does my 22 month old - whom I still wear when my back is ok If you want any Mei Tai suggestions just ask I know A LOT of the ones available xo
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no clue which one is better but it looks good. I only have a sleepy wrap from DD4. Also how can you guys always wear the baby I wonder that a lot how others do it? I can only put the baby on when we are walking it the store ect. At home if the baby is on me I can't do nothing because baby is in the way. Also my back hurts anyway...
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You wear them on your back, Flava I've worn a 2 day old in a high back carry with a non stretchy woven wrap. It's done all over the world...we just don't see people doing it much because strollers have replaced carriers

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I loved the ergo personally and there is an extra insert thing so you can use it for a newborn! I just find it so comfortable! Especially on the back, it just feels like a backpack! I used a moby for my 2nd a lot as he had reflux so upright was for him! As soon as I would start wrapping him he would snuggle in to go to sleep!

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a million slings and unfortunately the only one my boys ever liked was the stupid Bjorne. I don't recommend you buy one because they say they aren't great ergonomically, but sadly, it was the only ones my boys would go in. They hated my Beco Butterfly, also hated the Ergo. They did like the Moby Wrap, but the Moby just gets too hot. With DS2, we got a steel frame high back carrier so he could see out from Kokopax. Loved it. But it is more for out and about (although I did wear him while cooking quite often because he was safely on my back away from knives/heat!!)
    Proud Mom to my gorgeous 2008, and 2010. Lights of my life!!

Pretesting "normal". FSH 7.5

Cycle 1: HRC Feb 10 2012
    Started off slow on 225 Gonal F, 1 Meno; increased to 300 Gonal F and over responded. 27 eggs received, 19 mature, 15 fert, only 8 to GSN, all terrible quality- only one normal XY. NT. Boo.

Cycle 2: HRC May 2012
    Took DHEA (only 25-50 mg/day), royal jelly, bee propolis, CoQ10. Antagonist cycle with growth hormone. Started off with 300 Gonal-F and quickly moved down to 150 Gonal-F and rode it out. 43 eggs, 35 mature, 30 fert, 9 to Day 5 GSN, 1 normal XY and two normal XX. Froze all.
    July 2012 - FET at HRC, transferred 1 XX expanding blast. ???

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    (The Ergo infant insert sucks the big one )

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Beco Butterfly and loved it for ds3. What I liked best about it was that internal harness. It meant that I could put him into the harness first then just put him on my back like a backpack and do up the waist and chest buckle to secure him. I was always scared to balance him on my back while I fiddled with other carriers trying to get him secured.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
    You wear them on your back, Flava I've worn a 2 day old in a high back carry with a non stretchy woven wrap. It's done all over the world...we just don't see people doing it much because strollers have replaced carriers
    omg on the back? I can't do that!
    +1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast