Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What would you do!?

Ok ladies I have a name question for you! What do you do when DH doesnt agree with the name you are set on? I mean we have obviously been through this since he hated tons of names I proposed(but not loved) with our girls, but this time is different! I found the name I loved for my DS and then decided to try for him! Lol..I mean I am set on this name and will not even look at other names! He has said he isnt really a fan of it because the name is Harland and he thinks ppl will call him Harley for short and he doesnt like that. I dont even want to talk to him about it cuz I get so upset that he doesnt love it! So I guess my question is do I just hope he will come around to it over then next 4 months or just pull the "this was my idea, I swayed and Im carrying him/birthing him" card lol and be ok with the idea that he could dislike our sons name forever! What did you ladies do when you had a name you absolutely loved and DH didnt or vice versa? I just dont think I can let this one go!
    200720102013 Successful sway thanks to Gender Dreaming!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure, if I was totally in love with a name and had my heart set on it then I wouldn't let it go either and just keep refering to the baby as that name and hope that he comes around to it. Also if you don't let people call your DS Harley then they won't. People always tried to shorten my name into a nickname and my parents always would say that is not her name, eventually everyone did stop.

2007 2008 2012

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you dloui! In the past Ive been so patient with him vetoing every name I have come up with until the one that we finally agreed on but this time I just feel like I have to stand my ground! Im just not sure how to do that! LOL..I totally agree about the nick name thing, as long as we dont allow it or call him that I dont see it being a problem. I guess I just wait and see what names he has came up with over then next 4 months and go from there! Which I know will be none!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just tell him you get 1 pick and he gets 1 pick and once you see the baby you will pick one and name him. That's what I always do and then once the baby is in my arms I look at DH and say what name do you think we should choose and he always lets me have the final say, probably because he just seen me go through tough labor and delivery and knows its just better to let me have my way lol

2007 2008 2012

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very good Dloui! Surely they wouldnt dare argue with us after giving birth! Im certainly not above using that to get my way! I think if I pout enough I could convince him as well, I just dont want to have him use that against me in the years to come! LOL

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would insist on Harland but let DH choose the middle name. That way your son can use either name legally without having to resort to changing it by deed poll. That way it looks like you are leaving it open but I very much doubt that you will switch later on. Good luck.
    Oct 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With our first son I kept calling him by the name I love, from the very day I knew I was pregnant. Dh let me do it because he thought it could be a girl. By the time I had confirmed we were having a boy dh said that the baby was used to the name so we better not change it :-). The second half of the pregnancy I kept pointing out how beautifull the name was till he loved it too

With the second I kind of played the I carry him and have to give birth card'

I think you should insist on Harland, your husband will see the name and your son as one and will start to love the name. Keep using it a lot
    (2011) en (2012) en (2016)