Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sudden change of mind??

Hi Ladies
    just curious we had decided on names for boy and girl but something a little odd happened the past few days that made us change our minds outright no questions asked like we knew it was right iykwim? i was sitting at my kids school waiting for them to finish and i hear a mother yell out to her child calling her "Violet" that is the middle name we have chosen for a girl - i really thought nothing of it. This past few weeks i have been thinking i really like another name but never thought hubby would go for it so i really put it out of my mind.
    Again i was sitting in the car waiting for the kids to finish school and i hear another mother yell out to her child calling her Aria which was the exact name i was thinking of this past few weeks

i text hubby coz i thought it was a strange coincidence and he said immediately "that's our name" i like it better than what we had been set on the past 5 years.
    Out of nowhere we have settled on Aria Violet for a girl (if we are lucky enough) we were set on Alahni Violet and have been for a very long time.

Were you set on a name and all of a sudden changed it?
    (twins) 2007

Last and final babe due July 14th 2015 - IT'S A GIRL

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not myself personally (we were "list" people, and didn't settle on final name until we met her/him, lol) but a good friend of mine told everyone she was naming her new bub Stephen. Then on his birthday, the announcement comes out with Alexander (Alex). And she told me there were this string of weird events the week before she gave birth all pointing to the name Alex somehow...like she was driving under a bridge and the name Alex was painted on it. A few other eerie things too, so she thought it was fate somehow. He is a PERFECT Alex
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    never had that happen before either - dh very rarely agrees with me on names
    i generally have to get him to write his list out and and i choose one i like or we negotiate until we come across one we both like.
    hopefully it's a good sign (i know i can only hope lol)
    (twins) 2007

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really love the name Aria, I wanted to name ds2 that and someone we know had a little girl called Aria a few weeks before he was born (great for the gd). And I always thought this one would be Aria if its a girl, but a few weeks ago we asked ds1 what he thought we should call the baby he said Harold for a boy straight away (not so sure on that one). Then a week or so later, he said mum if this is a girl her name should be Maisy, I had never considered it before and both DH and I love it so if this is our girl I think she will be Maisy. The funny thing is ds1 has no friends called Maisy and we have never really read the Maisy mouse books, i'm not sure where it came from.
    2008 20112013

thankyou gender dreaming

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    kids just seem to have that sense dont they
    I had never considered Aria a name we would actually use
    we dont know anyone with that name so it isnt popular around here, although i do worry about the growing popularity. I think it sounds more grown up than Alahni iykwim? i adore the nn Lani but i think it's a little baby-ish for a grown woman whichever career she may choose

Maisy is really cute!! have you picked a middlename to go with it?
    (twins) 2007

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not really, I've always wanted Zipporah for a middle name but I'm not sure it goes. I didn't want to think about names until I new the sex because I don't want to be disappointed. I guess I shouldn't have asked ds1 then. I more did it for a laugh because he thought ds2 should be called house. But he was only 2 then.
    2008 20112013

thankyou gender dreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My girls name was always Lily (til my SIL tried to steal it and ruined it for me and long story short she had a boy and we named the dog that). Not long after i found GD I had a dream that i gave birth to a little girl named Isabelle three months after we had Lily (ironically the month i fell pregnant with this one), i told DH and he loved the name (first girls name we have ever really both liked) - i am expecting her in 5.5 weeks time - i hope it works out the same for you! x
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm due in 4 weeks and for the entire pregnancy we've been settled on 'Maggie' for a girl. After the 20 week scan, we started referring to her as 'Maggie' so I've become emotionally attached to the name now. Still, my dad has been calling the baby 'Molly' as a joke (just because he likes it and is trying to sell us on it) and I think it might be working. I'm starting to like the name "Molly" too and I'm not sure what to do! I might set up a poll on here just for fun and some extra thoughts.
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Our boy name is and will stay constant....but the girl name that I wanted for both of my other pregnancies was voted off by DH. I do not like his name choices, so we where back to the drawing board. I think we have found a perfect name should my girl sway have worked!!!
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stella was like our second pick name for this girl and I was at swimming lessons about a month ago and heard a woman SCREAMING at this poor girl, Stella, Stella, Stella.... it totally turned me off the name.

So I think just as easily as this could happen, hearing someone use the name nicely could make you think about that name as a name for your child.

I think Aria is very cute there is a girl in the TV show called Pretty Little Liars who has this name.
    13 years 11 years 6 years & our HT miracle 2 years

6 IVF Cycles(3 SART & 3 Genea), 4 FET cycles, 4 transfers, 3 Chemicals.

Sep 11 2012: Genea, FET, 1 day 5, CGH HB transferred.
    4dp5dt POAS BFP, 9dp5dt 67, 11 dp5dt 183, 17dp5dt 3832
    Full Cycle Details here Cycle Summary

Finally our beautiful baby girl was born 20th May, 2013