View Poll Results: Which boy and girl name do you like the most?

Voters
13. This poll is closed
  • Seren

4 30.77%
  • Aurora

3 23.08%
  • Jocelyn

3 23.08%
  • Liviana

1 7.69%
  • Melody

1 7.69%
  • Aldous

0 0%
  • Isaac

5 38.46%
  • Leon

3 23.08%
  • Pierce

1 7.69%
  • Hunter

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles&BamBam View Post
    I vote Aurora and Hunter. I know am Aurora in real life and she's lovely. I don't however like the nickname associated with Aurora which is Rory. Also, I thought about naming my son Huntington and using the nickname Hunter..something different :-)

Did you vote in the poll or shall I tick it for you? It's so much easier.

I love Aurora, I find it elegant and the meaning enchanting. It's just so difficult to choose right now.

and expecting

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I HATED my name growing up(Kristin) because at the time it was considered super unusal and no one could ever spell or even pronounce it. It sounds like I am making a mountain out of a molehill but it was really awful (every teacher, every doctor or dentist visit, every club or sport) and people were just utterly rude about it. That has changed somewhat now because there are more unusual names and spellings, but still.

The thing that is hard though is that people can't spell even names that seem super common and easy to spell/pronounce, like Wyatt, Clark, and Tate. You would not even BELIEVE the spellings and pronunciations that I have heard on these names which, when I selected them, seemed like no-brainers to me. So when the last two came along and I ended up with Marshall and Susannah really I don't feel too bad about that because there's no accounting for stupid, LOL.
    I know! Especially when people such as Health visitors ask you how it's spelled and pronounced and yet still get it wrong after you've corrected them a couple of hundred times. We just laugh about it. Most people don't have a problem though. Other people's ignorance or stupidity is not my problem.

Would you mind clicking Isaac and Jocelyn if you revisit this post? I will do it on your behalf if you don't, but it's going to give the impression that I'm favouring certain names over others.

and expecting

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I HATE Rory as a nn for Aurora and EVERY Aurora I've known (several) has gone SOLELY by Rory. To me Rory is a boy's name, ugh! Aurora is beautiful but bc it takes a while to say and doesn't roll off the tongue, I think it inevitably gets shortened. Rora is definitely far better than Rory but I still don't like it enough. Maybe Aurora would also be better as a middle name?

As for Persephone, I think you misunderstood me, I think it's lovely as a middle name but I wouldn't use it as a FN bc it seems very arrogant & pompous to me to name a child directly after a god/des. But I plan to give all my children MNs after gods as that I consider acceptable, like a nod to their patron gods.

I actually love the name Isaac but it is unfortunately very popular (I avoid top 100 names, so top 10 is horrifying to me), also it has many different spellings so that could be quite an issue.

Bc Melody flows so well, I've never known one who went by Mel and I doubt it would be shortened to that often unless you started it yourself. As for alternative nn, how about Dee?

Even though I really like Dawson, it is definitely on the rise in terms of popularity and for sure in the top 100. Thus why I chose Leon - I've never met one or even heard anyone mention knowing one, despite traveling all over the world including in several Latin countries.

Where exactly do you live?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Seren as it's Welsh for star & I love that meaning. Isaac as I have a precious little ds3 with that name & he really lives up to the meaning 'he laughs'

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like "out there" names that arent commonly used. You can only have so many jessica's and brittneys (no offense to any J or B's in here) I voted in the poll for Jocelyn and Seren and Isaac and Hunter. Our DD on the way will be Aria Mae. I chose the non traditional spelling of May to go a bit different. Im surprised Lochlan didn't make your list. I love that boys name.
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jessica here, no offense taken LOL. If this sway I'm planning now is successful her name will be Sabriel. You couldn't PAY me to give my kid a name on the top 10 list, and I really don't even like being in the top 50 because rankings can change in just a few years...
    Happily married 7.5yrs - Mommy to
    K-7yrs E-4yrs I-16 months
    JUST weaned in April - TTC a bow baby Spring/Summer 2015

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All of my children's names are in the top 50 names (my twins are both in the top 10). I.don't think that their names are mediocre... They are strong and timeless names. My name is Elizabeth and I love it. I never had to spell it out. I was called Lizzy when I was little and I can introduce myself as a professional as an adult. I HATE cutsey names. I think names need to last a lifetime whether it is common or not. With that being said I vote for Isaac for the boys name .
    One perfect born 7/11.

HT identical twin boys born 4/14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My vote is Leyla, and Pierce. Although Leyla and Leon are super cute twin names.

3 boys and 1 HT princess!
    17 12 9 3 HT

6 Cycles and 2 FET in all to FINALLY have my
    May 2015- Did another fresh cycle to get a sister for my DD
    that ended with no normals:

Thank you Dr.P

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabowbaby View Post
    Jessica here, no offense taken LOL. If this sway I'm planning now is successful her name will be Sabriel. You couldn't PAY me to give my kid a name on the top 10 list, and I really don't even like being in the top 50 because rankings can change in just a few years...
    Love those books! (Sabriel)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ejk741 View Post
    All of my children's names are in the top 50 names (my twins are both in the top 10). I.don't think that their names are mediocre... They are strong and timeless names. My name is Elizabeth and I love it. I never had to spell it out. I was called Lizzy when I was little and I can introduce myself as a professional as an adult. I HATE cutsey names. I think names need to last a lifetime whether it is common or not. With that being said I vote for Isaac for the boys name .
    I read an article about "top 10" names and it turns out that because there are so many more names out there, even the top 10 names are really not all that common, unlike when we were growing up and there were 7 Jessicas and 12 Jennifers and everyone else was named Ashley. The pool that people are choosing from is way, way bigger now and so even with names that seem very popular, they aren't given to as many kids (I hope that makes sense it's kind of difficult to explain). The most popular names are being given to fewer kids than they used to be and so it isn't as much of a pain in the butt as it was for those of us growing up with very common names (because most peole were giving their kids common names)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast